[ROM][OFFICIAL][4.3] ColorOS V.2.0.0_Beta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David S.
    OnePlus Europe Staff Member Aug 7, 2014

David S. , Aug 7, 2014 :
    The one you have in the main server, yes. If you update you will lose the drawer.

donalgodon likes this.
  2. vijeshv1
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

David S. likes this.
  3. vijeshv1
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

4. vijeshv1
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

vijeshv1 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    What?!!!!
    David liked my post??
    Oh my god....

5. Vector
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

Vector , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Thank you thank you @David S. I'm so excited!

6. Vector
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

Vector , Aug 7, 2014 :
    +1

7. jaimeos
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

jaimeos , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Hi,
    When I did via fastboot and the rom begin to work, so ask me for PIN, automatically the rom reboot and always the same!
    Now I did via recovery (TWRP), and all work!
    If you want I will tell you how I did!

zztop007 likes this.
  8. lukesan
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

lukesan , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I saw people having the same issue. No idea why since it all works for me like it should.
    Maybe you should flash the EFS partition after you have flashed the rom. Might have gone wrong somewhere there. That is the first thing I do when I get a new phone is to backup the EFS, since that one is very crucial.

I first flash the rom and let it settle, afterwards I flash the gapps etc ... but I can't imagine that is needed.

Oww yes another thing people ask ... why ColorOS... I almost forgot to mention ... RAW files from the camera !
    I have yet to get a licence for my editing software (must call them again) but this one should be very nice to change values.

@David, not sure how involved you are in the roms but I would like to have contrast, color (or colour) and sharpness control in the camera. This would really make it stand out against the competition.

Jkid likes this.
  9. jerrah
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

jerrah , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Yea we need cm11 with color0S camera the camera app on cm11 is terrble my nexus 5 does so much better most of the time.

10. zztop007
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

zztop007 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Please do,

Thanks

jaimeos likes this.
  11. zztop007
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

zztop007 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Because I've seen so many comments about EFS trouble:

1. Using fastboot, is there zero chance of getting problem?
    2. Why do people running in to the trouble at all?
    3. If things go south, can you restore the phone back ti funtional by fastboot org cm11s?

It looks like a catch 22, without root and recovery, no EFS backup and the prefered way is doing it by fastboot.

12. Yves la vende
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

13. Darkequinoxx
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2014

Darkequinoxx , Aug 7, 2014 :
    It is out alread. I guess they chose give us the link for 2.04 maybe because it is more stable than the newer beta versions. Is that possible?

Well I was using 2.06 for 2 days until I realized that I wasn't getting instant notifications for any of my apps (gmail, Facebook messenger, whatsapp...) until I manually opened the app.Has anyone else had this issue with 2.06? I hope they fixed that bug in 2.07. Unfortunately the Google translation from Chinese for the changlog of 2.07 is unclear.

14. Darkequinoxx
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2014

Yes it is Vito. I have done it many times. If you are coming from Color OS just use one of the ToolKits to flash back to Twrp or CWM and reflash your backup of CM11s or A new ROM from a Zip file.

If you have any issues let me know.

Vito B. likes this.
  15. lukesan
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

lukesan , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I am using 2.07 and the only issue I have up till now is a minor one. I can't record video in whatsapp, seems to be crashing then. Workaround is simple ... record outside of whatsapp and send via the galery or in whatsapp itself.
    I get my notifications without an issue
    Do you have a link for the changelog?

Darkequinoxx likes this.
  16. bullfrog
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

bullfrog , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Oneplus Android experiences are becoming more and more fun thx to the work of everyone (Community, Ops, Staff, etc.) !;):)
    Let's have fun ! :cool::D

PS @David S. : Some rumors spreading about a Oneplus homemade Android Experience... True or False ??? A hint ??? ;)

17. Darkequinoxx
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2014

Color OS is amazing on Battery Life !!

The best thing about Color OS (when I was using 2.06 beta) was that the battery life was extremely long. However this may have been because I wasn't getting any instant notifications until I unlocked the phone and open the specific app.

Anyway, to put the battery life into perspective... I would unplug my phone at 8:30am @100% charge and still have 50% charge at 3am of the next day (almost 19hrs later !!!).

18. Darkequinoxx
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2014

Thanks I'll give 2.07 a try tonight.

No sorry but I remember seeing it somewhere on the next.

19. SABman12
    Donut Aug 7, 2014

20. Jonaaaazz
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014