[ROM][OFFICIAL][4.3] ColorOS V.2.0.0_Beta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SABman12
    Donut Aug 7, 2014

SABman12 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Someone answer please???? How to install it? From recovery or from bootload??????

2. p_ice
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

p_ice , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I am almost tempted to try this and see what the Chinese version looks like.

3. tyronejones
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

tyronejones , Aug 7, 2014 :
    You don't think so? Well, it is subjective, however that's my personal opinion and I was simply stating such. I don't have a problem with it, in fact, I very much like the look. And with all the positive hearsay about the camera, I might actually give it a try.

4. vijeshv1
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

vijeshv1 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    No hurts meant

5. lukesan
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

lukesan , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I would say, have a go. I prefer TWRP or CWM since you can go back in 10 min if you don't like it.
    Also thx to the fantastic speed of the internal memory it is a breeze to backup and transfer.

Just customize as you want to. Yes, there are cheesy themes and ringtones, but also cool ones.
    I would recommend organizing properly from the start, like my GPS, tools, etc are all in separate folders. I've dragged all the Chinese ones into a folder.
    The Chinese market is also fun if you have time to play. I feel like a kid who can't read or write but look at pictures to know what soft it is. You can figure out the selection of themes sounds etc pretty fast and actually the animations are very nice.

Slatter191 likes this.
  6. Greenarcher707
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

Greenarcher707 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    The theme options in ColorOS are pretty amazing. Technically it's a downgrade if you're looking at it on the Android firmware sense but it's no downgrade when it comes to functionality. I played around with it on the Oppo Find 7 QHD.

ronclon likes this.
  7. donalgodon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2014

donalgodon , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I'm itching to try this, but I'm hesitating, because I don't know how well gapps run on it, and I don't want to f-up my EFS folder, so I need to make a backup first, just in case.

Can anyone comment who has flashed back and forth a few times? Any partition issues or EFS trouble?

8. Stefy_008
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2014

9. lukesan
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

lukesan , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Non on my part and I have swapped between this rom and CM11s twice now.
    Just backup your EFS and you are safe(r) for the future.

donalgodon likes this.
  10. zztop007
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

zztop007 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I have fastbooted myself a coloros and updated. My problem is that I don't get the calendars to work, not the built in and not Google calendar gotten by the 4.3 gapps. In Google account settings you don't even see an option for the calendar.

Anyone gotten exchange and Google calendar to work?

Edit:

An factory restore (grrr, helium doesn't work like it should) took care of Exchange and Google Calendar. So, except for the calendar thingy, no problems do a fastbbot + boot on twrp to install gapps.

Problably best to:

1. Fastboot system
    2. Upgrade to latest
    3. Fastboot twrp and install gapps
    4. Start download stuff

Will I stay in ColorOS, don't think so. I'll wait one more ota

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014

11. Scann69
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

Scann69 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I've been using Beta 2.0.7 (which is the same as this beta 2.0.0) since last Saturday and it's been very smooth. Exchange emails, notifications and everything else google works. I had to download and install separately Hangouts and Playbooks from the Playstore but no big deal.

Those planing to flash....hold on for another day. Based on COS past records, it releases a new beta on Friday or Saturday.

You can download Gapps from http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps (Download version CM 10.2 Dated 20130813)

For latest beta download, check out https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/latest-color-os-links.49119/

Hope this helps.

Credit to @sukanta.hazra & Cyanogen

lukesan likes this.
  12. lukesan
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

lukesan , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I had this a couple of weeks ago on another rom on my Nexus 5. In calendar I could add an account but when I inserted my google account it said that it was already active but when I looked into settings-accounts-google and the things it synced no things pointed towards a calendar.
    I had to wipe everything again and start from scratch. Really weird but I don't think it is rom related.

13. Jkid
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

Jkid , Aug 7, 2014 :
    @lukesan...one last question, where does the recovery file endup? So I can move it to my pc? Or do I need to create a clone (update.zip) of it in Philz Recovery??

14. Jkid
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

Jkid , Aug 7, 2014 :
    @lukesan ooh forget what i just said ;) Found it :p ...Just like all the other backups in the clockwork folder :)

15. jaimeos
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

jaimeos , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Ok, first of all sorry about my bad english but I will tell u what I did to instal Color OS 2.0.7 + gapps with TWRP.

Situation: I was with STOCK recovery + CM11s.
    Then you must do the following things:

1. Go to xda (http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/development/toolbox-oneplus-one-toolbox-t2808987) and download oneplus toolkit v2.
    2. Disconnect Phone from your PC
    3. Restart phone in fastboot mode (VOL UP + POWER)
    4. When Fastboot text appear, connect Oneplus to PC.
    5. Open software downloaded from 1.
    6. Hit "Unlock bootloader" and wait
    7. Select TWRP Recovery in the toolkit and hit flash and wait to finish.
    8. Select the last color os beta from xda (http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/oneplus-one-color-os-rom-update-links-t2801488).
    9. Open file.zip with 7-zip (It's free) and edit with notepad++ (It's free) the file "META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script"
    10. In line 1 of the script replace "assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "A0001" getprop("ro.build.product") == "A0001");" with "assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "A0001" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "bacon" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "bacon" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "A0001");"
    11. Add the updater-script to zip file
    12. Search in google "find7-4.3gms.zip" and download it (gapps for color os).

13. Reboot phone and connect to pc
    13. Then put coloros zip and gapps zip in oneplus storage
    14. Shutdown the phone
    15. Restart phone via recovery (VOL DOWN + POWER)
    16. I did a backup in TWRP selecting BACKUP option.
    17. In TWRP go to "Wipe" and swipe to factory reset, when it finish go to "Wipe"->"Advanced Wipe" select "Dalvik Cache" and "Cache" then Swipe to Wipe again.
    18. When all finish, go back to main window and go to "Install" select coloros zip and swipe to flash it (pay attention to debug screen)
    19. When it finish, go to "Install" again and select gapps zip.
    20. To finish all the process reboot the phone

21. ENJOY COLOR OS !!!!

*Notes:*
    - OTA must be flashed like coloros zip
    - I'M NOT RESPONSABLE ABOUT WHAT YOU DO WITH THIS INFORMATION! If you break the device, it's your problem !!

Screenshots attached to post !!

PD: Don't do a @domifer !!!! :D

Attached Files:

16. cluster2a
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

cluster2a , Aug 7, 2014 :
    If you want do flash gapps you need a custom recovery... I wasnt able to flash with the cos-recovery...
    And with gapps I was unable to update the os even with the color os recovery.

Color Os 1.x was way better... no launcher and no picture-timeline.

17. jaimeos
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

jaimeos , Aug 7, 2014 :
    You can update OS with TWRP! But it's not OTA! It's manually!

18. cluster2a
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

19. cluster2a
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

cluster2a , Aug 7, 2014 :
    If I use the OTA wehre can i find the zip do flash it via TWRP? Or can I download the updates somewhere else?

20. jaimeos
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014