Yes

2. Pankaj Manani
    Froyo Aug 20, 2014

Pankaj Manani , Aug 20, 2014 :
    Good Info...

3. dcmcc24
    KitKat Aug 21, 2014

dcmcc24 , Aug 21, 2014 :
    Will have to try this out. Are there any youtube videos of it on the one plus one?

4. TowerParty
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 21, 2014

5. teqnix
    Lollipop Aug 22, 2014

teqnix , Aug 22, 2014 :
    "a short introduction "

mansoor_ likes this.
  6. munka
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2014

munka , Aug 22, 2014 :
    Ok I installed it due to an issue I was having on CM11S. Turned out same issue was on Slimkat so I looked further and it was a issue with my APN settings and all is fixed now. But in the meantime I'll leave Slimkat on there.

It is different, very hard to say what is better. I think from moving to Slimkat I now know the DPI on CM is definitely too low, but on Slimkat it is definitely too high. How do I set it? I'm looking for a happy medium :)

7. Deactivated User
    Aug 22, 2014

8. h3lll
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2014

h3lll , Aug 23, 2014 :
    i was running Slimkat for about a year on my Galaxy S2, i liked it apart from the odd crashes etc however i wasn't on the latest stable release. Battery life was good though. Things look good for OP a lot of reputable people contributing.

9. sien5
    Froyo Aug 23, 2014

sien5 , Aug 23, 2014 :
    You do mean the other way around right? Use an app called textroider dpi or manually change it in build.prop :)

10. munka
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2014

munka , Aug 23, 2014 :
    Ha, yes i do mean the other way round. But of course I had to set it the wrong way first, turning everything from small, to Microscopic, before realising. Anyway all good now :) Much happier.

11. analogmodem
    Froyo Aug 23, 2014

analogmodem , Aug 23, 2014 :
    ok, here my feedback for the 0820 nightly slimsaber mod made by fusionjack @ xda:

at 1:00 a.m. battery was at 70% - flightmode enabled
    at 8:00 a.m. battery was at 69% - flightmode disabled

according to better battery stats i lost an average of 0.1% battery per hour [​IMG] i was sleeping, so phone was completely idle...

at 8:00 a.m. enabled wifi and synced.
    at 12:00 a.m. battery went from 69% to 68% with an average loss of 0.3% battery per hour

apps in use like facebook + messenger, whatsapp, news, gmail and some other syncing stuff. during those times i did not use the phone at all, just to enable wifi. i did not switch the govenor or anything else. kernel is stock, supplied with the rom.

compared to the official slimkat 0508, which resulted in 2-3% average batteryloss per hour with the same apps using only wifi this seems like a markable increase in batterylife.
    great work!

will flash the 0823 nightly of fusionjack now. let's see if it squeezes even a bit more efficiency out of the battery though i do not really believe that there is much space for it.

great job on the base rom from the team and from fusionjack for his sabermod...

sien5 and mansoor_ like this.
  12. mansoor_
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 23, 2014

13. SushiR
    Froyo Aug 23, 2014

SushiR , Aug 23, 2014 :
    Do you have a link?

14. jay28w
    Eclair Aug 23, 2014

jay28w , Aug 23, 2014 :
    I'm an avid fan of SlimKat, and have been for a very long time. I have the latest version running on my Samsung S3, Nexus 4 and Nexus 7. Very stable ROM, great development team and great forums over at XDA. Not knocking the other ROMs, just loving the SlimKat, especially the stability.

I have had pretty much all the other popular ROM through the years. For those of you new to custom ROMs, play around and see which you like the most feature wise, and see which ones are the most stable. Just heed the advice of the developers to make backups, and take other precautions.

Just my 2 cents.
    jay28w

analogmodem and SushiR like this.
  15. analogmodem
    Froyo Aug 23, 2014

i am currently testing a bit and seem to have been able to squeeze even a bit more out of it.... btw. have to correct the drain with wifi only as i did not have rebooted but now i have tested it with full syncing and stuff AFTER rebooting and therefore cleaning batterystats.

my combination now is the 0823 version of the slimsaber rom + the newest version (nightly) of the ak kernel resulting in full sync and wifi constantly on 0.6%/h which i think is still remarkable. should be even less if you are on 3g/4g on the road.

anyway, the newest version of fusionjacks slimsaber rom can be found here: http://d-h.st/users/fusionjack/?fld_id=38961#files
    kernel thread can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/kernel-ak-t2832168

CAUTION! for the rom you need ak.32_b05.opo.cm11.zip (for normal cm11 and other aosp roms), NOT the cm11s.zip

if have no idea what happens when you flash the wrong one by mistake but recommend you better not try...

there is a thread from another user which has compiled a slimsaber rom already with an ak kernel. i have no idea if this guy and fusionjack are connected and if it is the same rom.

thread is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/development/rom-sabermodded-slim-t2853904

of course perform a nandroid backup before flashing as always :D

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014

sien5 likes this.
  16. Kernel Klink
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2014

Kernel Klink , Aug 23, 2014 :
    Which GAPPS did you use?

17. h3lll
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2014

h3lll , Aug 23, 2014 :
    Why not ? I had my s2 running slimkat, was great!

18. analogmodem
    Froyo Aug 23, 2014

Slim Gapps.... i do not need all that google crap and can install it if i want to... some of those google apps are draining battery like hell (google now for example and i for me it is as useful as a spot on my backside) so i basically use gmail, playstore, youtube, chrome and maps... i do not care about the rest and if i really need them i can install them...

19. Kernel Klink
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2014

Kernel Klink , Aug 23, 2014 :
    I am running it now with Slim Gapps... it is amazing how often those Google apps you don't use phone home- wasteful...

20. analogmodem
    Froyo Aug 23, 2014

that is why i chose slim gapps... those f*cking dozends of google apps create wakelocks like hell, preventing the phone from going deep sleep every few minutes... awful and draining like hell, even tho you do not need most of them... (at least i do not!)