[ROM][OFFICIAL][4.4.4] SlimKat (Bacon) [STABLE/WEEKLY]

1. Kernel Klink
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2014

2. FBIL
    Honeycomb Aug 24, 2014

FBIL , Aug 24, 2014 :
    I can't say for sure about the OPO version but on the note 2 edition you're able to "divorce" (can't think of a better word) some system apps altogether and make them user apps so you can then greenify them which is what I do. I usually get 2 and a half days out of my battery with a screen on time of about 4 hours. Bluetooth and WiFi are permanently on and I use Bluetooth to stream music when I'm in my car and to headphones while at work. So as well as screen on tinge I have about 9 hours of music playing peer charge. Wakelock detector tells me my phone is awake on average 12%of the time between charges

3. nikzgfx
    Gingerbread Aug 25, 2014

nikzgfx , Aug 25, 2014 :
    SlimSaber is awesome. Battery is solid and the features are solid. Slim is excellent but I feel sabermod gives it a little edge in terms of performance which is already good on the original.

SushiR likes this.
  4. munka
    Gingerbread Aug 25, 2014

munka , Aug 25, 2014 :
    can you update to slimsaber (from SlimKat) without loosing all your data? I don't mind if I "might" lose it, nothing I can't afford to miss.

5. munka
    Gingerbread Aug 25, 2014

munka , Aug 25, 2014 :
    The answer to my question above it's yes. Running now. No difference noticed yet

6. @CallipH
    Eclair Aug 25, 2014

@CallipH , Aug 25, 2014 :
    A clean flash and I must have wakelocks like crazy. Battery has dropped 32% with only 29 minutes screen on time. I am using the stock kernel with SlimKat currently. I try my best to stick with stock kernels from devs, but clearly there are some big bugs with the stock kernel.

7. @CallipH
    Eclair Aug 25, 2014

@CallipH , Aug 25, 2014 :
    I cannot edit my post apparently, just wanted to chime in the source of MY wakelocks is Google Search - AudioIn, which I believe is related to "OK Google."

8. markgiardini
    Froyo Aug 26, 2014

markgiardini , Aug 26, 2014 :
    I'm currently running SlimSaber 4.4.4, version build 7.4 - very nice.
    What is the difference between this one and the slimkat one in the thead?

9. munka
    Gingerbread Aug 26, 2014

munka , Aug 26, 2014 :
    Ok first night of testing Slim Saber idle battery. Nothing short of amazing. In privacy control I stopped google search and facebook from waking the phone and it slept for 99% of the time. Went to bed at 11pm with 100% battery, woke up at 6am, still 100% battery (not it wasn't still left plugged in:p ) Wifi was off, cell data was off, but the cell phone was on. Cell standby and phone idle accounted for 98% of the batter usage. I'll take screen shots tomorrow.

Now if only to address on screen time. Hangouts in particular can chew 20% in an hour when in video call. Don't think that is in any way the ROMs fault though. Anyone know how to turn down the framerate and resolution of Hangouts, I really don't need to be sending a 5MP image across the world.

anomlane and sien5 like this.
  10. sien5
    Froyo Aug 26, 2014

sien5 , Aug 26, 2014 :
    @munka . Same here mate. Slimsaber is amazing paired with AK kernel on my side :) Waiting for the official Slimsaber thread now :p

anomlane likes this.
  11. nicholasthlam
    Eclair Aug 26, 2014

12. FBIL
    Honeycomb Aug 26, 2014

FBIL , Aug 26, 2014 :
    If stuff is too small then textdroider DPI is what you want.
    Slimkat is set up that way

13. wesleymo
    Eclair Aug 27, 2014

wesleymo , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Have installed this rom and am very enthousiastic about it. Did find something strange with Google Maps. The map occasionally freezes and thus the applicatoin becomes non usable. Application has to be closed and started again to gain normal functionallity. I didn't have this with the CM11s. But do not know, if this is something that is brought up by the rom.

14. FBIL
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2014

FBIL , Aug 28, 2014 :
    what gapps did you use?
    A lot of people here are using miniml but i use the full and have never had this problem with map and i use it a lot as my sat nav

wesleymo likes this.
  15. wesleymo
    Eclair Aug 28, 2014

wesleymo , Aug 28, 2014 :
    During the installation I used Slim_mini_gapps. Which I got from the SlimRom website. Had to download maps from the Playstore. Is it possible to reinstall gapps and then use a full version? (if so, where did you get your version from?)

16. wesleymo
    Eclair Aug 28, 2014

wesleymo , Aug 28, 2014 :
    New
    During the installation I used Slim_mini_gapps. Which I got from the SlimRom website. Had to download maps from the Playstore. Is it possible to reinstall gapps and then use a full version? (if so, where did you get your version from?)

17. FBIL
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2014

FBIL , Aug 28, 2014 :
    I got it from the slimroms website - http://slimroms.net/index.php/down...4-4/13392-slim-full-gapps-4-4-4-build-7-x-187
    if there are system apps you dont want in there, then if you go to the slimcenter in settings and then go to the slimsizer tab you can uninstall aany you dont want

18. wesleymo
    Eclair Aug 28, 2014

19. FBIL
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2014

FBIL , Aug 28, 2014 :
    No problem, just remember me when you get an invite to share ;)

anomlane likes this.
  20. anomlane
    Froyo Aug 28, 2014

anomlane , Aug 28, 2014 :
    FBIL, I'm coming from Nexus5 SlimKat, what do you think of CM vs SLIM on the OPO? Noticeably better battery with Slim? just as stable? any GPS lock issues? tried any under volting?