[ROM][OFFICIAL][4.4.4] SlimKat (Bacon) [STABLE/WEEKLY]

1. SushiR
    Froyo Jul 27, 2014

2. jrOne
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 27, 2014

jrOne , Jul 27, 2014 :
    What's the difference between Bacon and the AOSP thread? They both say "official." Are they different ROMs?

3. Raul74
    Donut Jul 27, 2014

4. SushiR
    Froyo Jul 27, 2014

SushiR , Jul 27, 2014 :
    SlimKat is based on AOSP with a lot of own features which cannot be found in pure AOSP.

jrOne likes this.
  5. godspeed
    Jelly Bean Jul 27, 2014

ShermCraig likes this.
  6. SushiR
    Froyo Jul 27, 2014

7. raijmanj
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2014

raijmanj , Jul 27, 2014 :
    I too would like to see some screens or video running it.

8. kufikugel
    SlimROM Jul 28, 2014

kufikugel , Jul 28, 2014 :
    The kernel has faux sound control. With it you can push it.

On a side note.....Jenkins started to build the weekly for this week. So in some hours new version is up.

Aside the stuff I posted here and a lot other changes I had today a bit time to work on bacon.

1. Kernel got a new governor called slim. Default is still interactive for now. I am not sure if the battery on the slim governor is as good as current interactive. So would be nice if some can compare it.....2days all default and two days with slim governor.

2. Some smaller device tree fixes.

And 3. I just post screenshots ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you see you can bind to all available gestures now whatever you want ;)

dcoulombe, slimgym20, Fraser and 3 others like this.
  9. Greenarcher707
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

kufikugel likes this.
  10. Raul74
    Donut Jul 28, 2014

11. Angelhunter
    Froyo Jul 28, 2014

Angelhunter , Jul 28, 2014 :
    Have been using SlimKat on my Galaxy S2. Really happy that I´m able to siwtch now also to SlimKat on my new OPO. Will for a few days continue with the original CM11S, but won´t take long to switch to Slim.

SushiR and kufikugel like this.
  12. kufikugel
    SlimROM Jul 28, 2014

kufikugel , Jul 28, 2014 :
    Hmm never experienced this problem. Sounds like a grounding issue. Does happen not only one opo. On any rate this would be a hardware and not software issue.

Anyone tried already the new gesture rebinding? I tested it but you never know on 1000 lines new code which I did short before weekly in a hurry :p

Sooooo feedback please :D

Well a general feedback would be good as well due that I plan to push bacon into the stable release channel next week. But for that it needs to be stable :D

Angelhunter, Fraser and SushiR like this.
  13. boostedthunder
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2014

14. timpohladthomas
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2014

15. SushiR
    Froyo Jul 28, 2014

SushiR , Jul 28, 2014 :
    Works like a charm so far, but I need more testing about what happens when the phone is in my pocket. CM 11S was acting very weird and the screen was activated more than just often.

Another thing: Could you elaborate about your new slim governor a little bit more. What's different to interactive (and other well known) governors.

kufikugel likes this.
  16. chikimonke
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2014

chikimonke , Jul 28, 2014 :
    This should do. I can't find where it was first announced, but this post is pretty good.

17. inffy
    KitKat Jul 29, 2014

inffy , Jul 29, 2014 :
    That was/is a bug in CM11S as it doesn't check the proximity sensor when these gestures are actived -> for me many times the torch came on in my pocket etc.

Doesn't happen with SlimKat, so I guess it is fixed :)

Tested the gestures too yesterday and they seem to work like a charm.

18. djvinniev77
    Eclair Jul 29, 2014

djvinniev77 , Jul 29, 2014 :
    I was skeptical on changing the stock OS since it was doing so well for me, but to my surprise this latest nightly is AWESOME! My only miss was the camera, I saw some odd stretching when you move from landscape to portrait, especially since slim uses the true view cam. I snagged the original OPO cam and use that instead, works great! This device really sips battery life... I'm waiting to get full usage out of the single charge and see how much SOT I have. OPO + SlimKat FTW!

19. Pipebomb
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2014

Pipebomb , Jul 29, 2014 :
    Couldn't agree with you more!! See this post on XDA
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=54480120&postcount=221

The camera is WACK and all out of place! Something is wrong with it!

For me, the battery life seems odd. It seems to eat battery even when not doing anything...

20. Pipebomb
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2014