ROMs are lagging HELP PLZ

1. Tarfex
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 11, 2016

Tarfex , Apr 11, 2016 :
    I have tried many different Android M roms; sultan, darabos, Dirty unicorn, nuclear Android project, tuga power, stock COS 13, AOSP Paradox, slim saber 6.0.1

but for some reason. All of them lag except for TugaPower. For example: Google play music takes forever to load and then it crashes, but it won't do that on tuga power. Or I lock the screen and when I press the power button once or double tap to wake. The screen stays black and the buttons light up and it takes forever to turn on. Or when I'm scrolling thru Instagram it lags, or open settings. But i think none of it happens in TugaPower. I have the same apps installed... Can anybody help me please. It usually starts to lag after I installed xposed (even if I don't have any modules installed)

I have tried flashing diff Gapps as well. It still lags. Other users say that the ROM works fine. But not for me. I want to try the other custom Roms as well and see the cool features,etc

Most roms lag even if i dont install xposed...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016

2. marinobiagio
    KitKat Apr 11, 2016

marinobiagio , Apr 11, 2016 :
    Have you ever tried OxygenOS 3.0? It works smooth like butter for me.. And is based on Android M

3. malidan
    Nougat Apr 11, 2016

malidan , Apr 11, 2016 :
    He's got an OPO bud.

Aaahh likes this.
  4. Nicodoc
    Gingerbread Apr 11, 2016

Nicodoc , Apr 11, 2016 :
    Jgcaap's cm13 is THE solution

5. malidan
    Nougat Apr 11, 2016

malidan , Apr 11, 2016 :
    Do a full wipe then install
    Bootloader
    Radio
    ROM
    Recommend Gapps
    Wipe cache's
    And test before you install other apps.

6. marinobiagio
    KitKat Apr 11, 2016

7. Tarfex

Tarfex , Apr 11, 2016 :
    I tried the ROM if that's what you mean. My Google play services kept crashing

8. Tarfex

Tarfex , Apr 11, 2016 :
    What do you mean install bootloader? Also I have tried the ROM before installing any apps it works.good, some of them lag right away. But most of them lag after I install xposed (I think)

9. malidan
    Nougat Apr 11, 2016

malidan , Apr 11, 2016 :
    Funny you just said that, i was just reading on Xda of people reporting lag on a few roms after installing Xposed.
    So it would seem its not a device issue but a specific rom issue, so i suppose you should stay with the one works and look again next month, once the security patches have been released.:)

10. Tarfex

Tarfex , Apr 11, 2016 :
    Others from the same ROM reported no issues tho which is the weirdest part. Im nkt totally sure if it's xposed causing it but I noticed a difference...
    Also it wasn't just in one ROM it was multiple.

11. malidan
    Nougat Apr 11, 2016

malidan , Apr 11, 2016 :
    It a tough one i personally have never had this issue, but its approaching a year since i had an opo. But i have always been one for reformatting the whole device every now and then to maintain smooth running, i did this by reformatting all the partitions via twrp more so with the OPO, you can also get the same results by using the recovery tool.
    Overkill maybe but i have yet to have a single software issue on my N6 in almost a year. no lag, no randoms, nothing.

12. Tarfex
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 12, 2016

Tarfex , Apr 12, 2016 :
    What ROM are you running? And your using xposed right?

13. Aaahh
    Marshmallow Apr 12, 2016

14. Tarfex

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016

15. Aaahh
    Marshmallow Apr 12, 2016

Aaahh , Apr 12, 2016 :
    Wait
    I know

Flash a cm nightly (reboot) and them Marsh

It's DDR partition I bet

16. Tarfex

Tarfex , Apr 12, 2016 :
    Flash any cm nightly? Also. I'm loving this rom so far it's very quick. But I haven't tried gaming ir installing xposed yet. I'll see how that goes later on tmrw. I am facing a bug tho. If I double tap to wake and a notification happens to be in that same spot. The buttons turn on but the screen stays off (e.g I'm holding the phone and I double tap to wake in the center while screen is off)

17. Aaahh
    Marshmallow Apr 12, 2016

Aaahh , Apr 12, 2016 :
    I freaken hate this bug. I know exactly what you're talking about.
    I thought I fixed it, guess not.
    When that happens, turn on the screen then off

18. malidan
    Nougat Apr 12, 2016

malidan , Apr 12, 2016 :
    I'm running a N6 with N preview before that Pure Nexus, Chroma,ShamuM.

19. niTe_RiDeR_Pro

niTe_RiDeR_Pro , Apr 12, 2016 :
    Dude he has OPO not an OP2.

Tarfex likes this.
  20. Tarfex

Tarfex , Apr 12, 2016 :
    OK so I installed xposed and the rom is starting to lag a little bit. I'm going to try the DDR partition thing youbtolf me to do.

Also the laggiest app seems to be goggle play music on all the Roms. It literally takes a minute before it loads everything and becomes useable.

Edit: What are the steps to wipe...DDR partition
    Will it it wipe everything on my phone?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016