Guide Root Guide (OnePlus One) - Doesn´t wipe your data!

1. JuanL
    KitKat Jul 24, 2014

JuanL , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Link for the "30O Update" guide HERE! - Not working! Sorry guys!

This guide doesn´t work with newest 30O update. Looking for a fix.

Hi guys!
    I created this root guide for the OnePlus One...
    Its created by me, based on the one created by @Martin Hotmann

Everything is devided into spoilers to make the whole post shorter... Sorry

Please, read the "Important" section above dowloads so that you don´t mess things up...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After today's update the phone will UNROOT! Dont root now, wait for the update first... No wait to prevent that yet... Sorry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Doesn´t wipe your data! It all stays in your phone!
    - Doesn´t overwrite your original or previous recovery image.
    - Easy for noobs. Compelte for experts.
    - Only ONE DOWLOAD!
    - adb Drivers Included!
    - Well organized.
    - Doesn´t void your warranty!

Disclaimer:
    If you want to install a custom recovery (flash it) you WILL need to unlock the bootloader, wiping your data!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The connection between the PC and phone mustn´t be interrupted during the process (may brick your phone)! So make sure PC is connected or has full baterry and also charge your OPO to 100% to do this!

Android USB debugging MUST be on!

If you are a Windows 8 user, you will have to check this link to correctly install adb drivers!
    Windows 8/8.1 users must check

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to the file (Mega)
    Link to the file (DepositFiles [Just in case Mega is blocked in your country])

When you download, you will be asked for a password to extract the files. To get it, I will ask you to fill in the following form (To track downloads). When you submit the form, you will be given the password (Save it, its a difficult one).

Click here to go to the form

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

If any of you want to flash the recovery, wait a bit, I´m updating this post with that too!

Edit #2:
    If anyone wants to do this mannualy, to learn fastboot and adb, and how to root... Stay tuned, I'm updating soon

Edit #3:
    Delays with the shorter video! Sorry... I´m waiting for the OTA update, and a fix for it... Be patient. Your device would unroot anyway.

====================================================================

What´s the difference between this one and the others?

The difference is that other root guides, or general roots, wipe your data (deletes all your personal info)... This one doesn´t! Your data will still be there after rooting! Isn´t it amazing?

How do I root if I´m a noob?

Just follow the guide! It has a #How To file in every step to help everyone out!
    Its super organized!
    You enter folder 1 (step 1) and do what #How To file says. Then the same with number 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 and you are done! Yes, done! In just 6 steps and with all your personal data!

What do I have to download?

Everything is in the same file (guide)! You just download one thing and you get everything there (ADB Drivers included)!!! Isn´t it great? Just one download?

Will this void my warranty?

This will not void your warranty. That was said by OP employes!

What if my phone bricks?

It´s really rare to brick a device when rooting, more rare this way... But if you do brick it, just tell technical support, and they´ll repair it. ITS NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR WARRANTY, SO YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY. BUT YOUR WARRANTY WILL ALSO STAY UNVOIDED!

What Custom Recovery does it use?

It uses TWRP custom recovery, but after rooting, you will keep the original CM one! Why? Because what this does is to just boot the recovery in your phone, once and temporary! So as you don´t flash it, you will still have the original one! In addition, you don´t have to unlock the bootloader, because you are not modifying the partition... What does that mean? No wipe! Yes, no wipe. All your data will stay there!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014

qzydo, Dilan_R60, Salman A. and 95 others like this.
  2. pedeluca
    Froyo Jul 24, 2014

pmagz69 likes this.
  3. JuanL
    KitKat Jul 24, 2014

JuanL , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Ok! Im glad you like it! Thanks for the like btw

4. JuanL
    KitKat Jul 24, 2014

JuanL , Jul 24, 2014 :
    I wanted to thank Martin for letting me base my guide on his... Thanks dude!

Martin Hotmann likes this.
  5. omac256
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2014

omac256 , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Hear I go wish luck this will be my first...I'm about to pop the cherry lol. Thanks again for the guide.

Ceasedd, Buzzrr, VYPRE007 and 3 others like this.
  6. JuanL
    KitKat Jul 24, 2014

JuanL , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Your welcome! You will find it really easy!
    Tell me if it worked for you when you finish!

7. JuanL
    KitKat Jul 24, 2014

8. JuanL
    KitKat Jul 24, 2014

longshanks30 likes this.
  9. jasonjhoskins
    Froyo Jul 24, 2014

JuanL likes this.
  10. Creamofwhale
    Eclair Jul 24, 2014

Creamofwhale , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Trying this tonight. Will this affect OTA updates? Will I stay rooted after completing an OTA?

11. JuanL
    KitKat Jul 24, 2014

JuanL , Jul 24, 2014 :
    This will not affect ota's, and will stay rooted after them!

Tell me if it worked for you!

Creamofwhale likes this.
  12. FoleyRose
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 24, 2014

FoleyRose , Jul 24, 2014 :
    I'm gonna try that when I get my One. First I have to get ADB and fastboot working on my Chromebook or my girlfriend's laptop.

13. JuanL
    KitKat Jul 24, 2014

JuanL , Jul 24, 2014 :
    In the file you have adb drivers for windows... I don´t know if they do work for mac or linuk or chrom os too... You´ll have to try

gmgriffin likes this.
  14. michael17
    Froyo Jul 24, 2014

15. JuanL
    KitKat Jul 24, 2014

gmgriffin likes this.
  16. GerritG
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2014

17. JuanL
    KitKat Jul 24, 2014

JuanL , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Good dude!

18. Creamofwhale
    Eclair Jul 24, 2014

Creamofwhale , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Do I need to check anything off in Developer Options to ensure I can OTA properly? What about in SuperSU options? Will post results soon.

19. Zeuroid
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2014

20. JuanL
    KitKat Jul 25, 2014

JuanL , Jul 25, 2014 :
    Just to be sure enable android USB debbuging...
    Then you can leave "update recovery with cm updates" checkd, no problem with that!
    The problem is if you do FLASH the recovery, if you leave it checked it could brick your device...
    But as here you don´t flash it, there´s no problem!
    Good luck and post results