Root method for 7.1.1, OOS version 4.1.7?

1. Acridpunkpistol
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2017

Acridpunkpistol , Sep 14, 2017 :
    Just need some recommendations on an easy Root method that'll work on Nougat with Oxygen OS version 4.1.7. I've never really Rooted before without using some sort of very straightforward Root Toolkit so ADB Commands intimidate me. Any advice is appreciated [e]1f44c[/e]

2. Yuvraj2099
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2017

Yuvraj2099 , Sep 14, 2017 :
    ADB commands aren't complex at all, if you know what they mean. You just need to enable OEM unlocking in developer settings, take a backup of your data and then put the phone in bootloader mode. Then, connect the phone to your computer, navigate to the folder where you have put your ADB files (if you don't have it, download it) type "fastboot devices". If you performed the above mentioned steps correctly, it should show your device name in a list. If you see it, then type "fastboot oem unlock", you should get a message on your phone, press the upper volume key and your bootloader is unlocked. This is half way through. Now, you must have the TWRP recovery file for your phone in the same folder as well. Next commands you need to your is " fastboot flash recovery (file name).img". This command will flash the recovery on your phone. After it's done, navigate on your phone with volume buttons till you see recovery mode option in red. When you see it, press the power button. That's it, you're done.

Hope it helps

3. Acridpunkpistol
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2017

4. chris_wds
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2017

chris_wds , Sep 16, 2017 :
    So latest TWRP is compatible with latest OxygenOS version right?
    And so on some video that everytime you boot you have a warning message, is it that the "dm verity" that people talks? And if yes we just need a zip to flash to remove it ?

5. Yuvraj2099
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2017

Yuvraj2099 , Sep 16, 2017 :
    Cool. Also, if you want me to describe the method in detail, just ask :)

6. Yuvraj2099
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2017

Yuvraj2099 , Sep 16, 2017 :
    Yes, latest TWRP (3.1.1-2) is compatible. And yes, it will show the dm-verity screen during boot. But, I don't feel like riding a file for it is worth it, coz you won't be rebooting too frequently. But, if you feel you need it, go for it.

Also, one more thing, if you flash custom bit animations on Oxygen OS, they seen to stutter a bit in the start. At least, I noticed it on my device when I tried a Watchdogs boot animation, which works perfectly on RR.

Hope it solved your query

christopher78 likes this.
  7. Kirakichi
    Jelly Bean Sep 16, 2017

Kirakichi , Sep 16, 2017 :
    I can help you remotely to install TWRP Recovery and MagiskSU (systemless root).

If you haven't done bootloader unlock before, you will have to wipe all data to proceed with rooting process.