1. Varun1225
    Gingerbread Feb 18, 2020

2. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Feb 18, 2020

3. 逍遥晓语
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2020

逍遥晓语 , Feb 18, 2020 :
    it has changed
    OnePlus 7 series have A/B partitions which is different from OnePlus 3T's A only.
    And OnePlus 7 series support Project Treble that means there's a separate /vender partition in device.
    you can use Magisk for root and exposed for Xposed framework. search it + device model in community or xda.

L1519865420469 likes this.
  4. Gerland1
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2020

5. philos64
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 26, 2020

philos64 , Mar 26, 2020 :
    In the case where by installing the Open Beta 2 version of your OP7T or OP7T Pro, you would have lost your root or else you wish to become root, here is a fairly simple process to use.

After flashing the OB2 version and restarting, I therefore lost the root.:(
    To find it here is the process, in case you do not have Magisk installed on your phone, you can download it directly here MagiskManager Website (Please note that the application cannot be downloaded via the Play Store)

Process 1: You have lost your root
    1. Uninstall Magisk Manager,
    2. Download this file, found on XDA ==> Global Open Beta 2 Magisk boot - Md5: a85406eb7c7d3d00f39089ce9e2fa210
    3. Rename the downloaded file => ob2 (it will be easier)
    4. Flash the file via fastboot (the command line is => fastboot boot ob2.img)
    5. Restarting your phone
    6. Installation of Magisk Manager and root is present => Tested with Root checker Pro
    7. Magisk Manager version v7.5.1
    8. Magisk v20.3

Process 2: You don't have a root and you wish to have it.

1. Just download Magisk Manager (see link above)
    2. You download this file for the Open Beta 2 version (Global only) => Global Open Beta 2 Magisk boot - Md5: a85406eb7c7d3d00f39089ce9e2fa210
    3. Then you just have to follow the above process from phase 3

So no need to flash a complete OB2 or other image, just this image which includes the Magisk boot
    Here you are root now. :)
    If that helped you so much the better, it's simple;)
    Well done

zer0se7en likes this.
  6. Aswin08
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2020

Aswin08 , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Yes process has changed quite a bit considering we don't have a proper working TWRP.

Yes you have to unlock, which is pretty straightforward like earlier.

7. Aswin08
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2020

Aswin08 , Apr 10, 2020 :

There are few corrections in your post.

Your step four in Process 1 is contradicting itself. You are asking to flash the img but the command you provided is for booting the img temporarily. So when you restart the phone you will lose the root with the step you suggested.

I highly suggest no one to flash the boot img, but instead boot with magisk patched img and the install magisk permamently within the Magisk app over your existing boot img. Flashing mismatched boot img can mess up your system and you would have connectivity issues.

Also I would suggest to download magisk from official source rather thn the unofficial link provided. You can use official github or Xda for Links.

8. philos64
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 10, 2020

philos64 , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Hi,
    • I'm really sorry, but that's exactly what I did to find the root for my OP7T.
    • and about the `` unofficial link '', this is the AndroidFileHost server used by almost all XDA Dev and members.I have been using this server for a long time when I was Recognized Contributor on XDA to upload files !
    • and the first link is the Magisk official site.
    So please .... ;) Be careful what you write as I do. Thank you.

9. Aswin08
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2020

Aswin08 , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Oh please!

Am not saying random things, am just pointing simple mistake you made. There is no point for you to defend.

Point 1. Magisk website you shared is not official.
    Point 2. Your statement is conflicting, make a mind if you are going to either flash or boot temporarily. Both are different.
    Point 3. Flashing mismatching Boot img will cause unnecessarily trouble. You can simply boot patched img and patch the existing boot img in your system with Magisk app, so even at the situation of mismatch there wont be issues. There multiple variations of OxygenOS around. (stable - EU,IND,GLO , Beta-....)

POINT 4. Dont mislead someone. But mistakes can happen so you should be ready to hear when someone tried to correct you humbly. Instead don't try to be arrogant.

S1588034462610 likes this.
  10. Aswin08
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2020

1586527693531.jpg

FYI see last line

11. Aswin08
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2020

Read the last line you wrote for yourself. It would help.

Be careful what you write. Instead don't screw someone's phone with misleading details.

12. philos64
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 10, 2020

philos64 , Apr 10, 2020 :
    You know that you don't need to post 3 posts on same thread for writing some bla bla bla...
    You know what is it ?
    [​IMG]

13. Aswin08
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2020

philos64

You know that you don't need to post 3 posts on same thread for writing some bla bla bla...
    You know what is it ?

[​IMG]

This is what you got to say instead of replying to what I have mentioned?
    It would have ended with my 1 post of morning. But you are too childish to understand your mistake and trying to defend misleading others.
    Why don't you answer my 4 points kiddo instead of moving to offtopic?

*when i edit the post to add more information, the quote gets messed up in community app like this, that's why i added it as additional post previously.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020