root

1. Alexkills
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2019

Alexkills , Jul 18, 2019 :
    I have a OnePlus 5 and have decided I want to root my device. yes I have my reasons. what is the best and stable way to root a OP device in 2019? I have rooted devices before but this was a long time ago. what apps do I use to root, and what are pros and cons of certain apps to use. also wouldn't mind tips of recovery to go back to stock Android in case things go to hstiay

2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jul 18, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Jul 18, 2019 :
    If you haven't mastered the use of the search button, are you sure you're up to rooting?

B_Wrath and theshinybeast like this.
  3. Alexkills
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2019

I have searched for answers but some either aren't about rooting a phone (just about other rooting things) or are 2 years or more old. I have looked up articles on Google but most of the time they can't really be trusted so I decided to ask the OP community. no need for you to get like this let's stay formal and give actual information

4. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jul 18, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Jul 18, 2019 :
    Your phone is 2 years old, why would the VERY HELPFUL rooting guides not be 2 years old?

5. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator Jul 18, 2019

Cervantes , Jul 18, 2019 :
    I move to subforum OP5 third party development
    You check the thread stiky

6. Alexkills
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2019

There is no such thing as a OnePlus5 only rooting method. rooting methods like magisk are not "OnePlus 6t" only, I am sorry to break it to you. I just wanted to know in what way people root now days, since things like towelroot aren't an option anymore like it was 5 years ago. I have no clue what I said in my initial question that made you so angry when I started this thread, but there is no reason to spew out nonsense because you had a bad day. I just wanted some help, have a good day