Rosewood styleswap is actually plastic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rammi.cz Gingerbread Oct 1, 2015

rammi.cz, Oct 1, 2015 :
    Hello, I just want you to know that the rosewood styleswap looks like plastic crap.

I've got a though that this is made from actual wood, but it seems like a plastic, or maybe paper with a "wooden" print on it.

I have to stick with the sandstone, which gives a lot more premium feel, than this.

Here is the photo of how it actually looks like, compared to how it looks on the website.

[​IMG]

I'm a bit dissapointed on this one, otherwise the phone feels great.

Monica29, mussa786, henwagner and 5 others like this.
  2. IBuzZBasHI Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2015

3. rammi.cz Gingerbread Oct 1, 2015

rammi.cz, Oct 1, 2015 :
    no, what i say is, that the veneer doesn't feel like actual wood, more like plastic or vinyl.

Timotis likes this.
  4. IBuzZBasHI Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2015

IBuzZBasHI, Oct 1, 2015 :
    it would look like shit shortly if it was raw wood... for sure they laminate it or something

5. rammi.cz Gingerbread Oct 1, 2015

rammi.cz, Oct 1, 2015 :
    But when you read the styleswap covers description on the site, there isn actually written, that the rosewood is real wood. It is written it is real bamboo / kevlar / black apricot. but on rosewood, there is written about appearance.
    I'm still not sure, but my feeling is, that it's plastic, which tries to look like wood. And it's not good at it.

6. aaron.hossain75 Lollipop Oct 1, 2015

7. Eskimo1975 Gingerbread Oct 1, 2015

Eskimo1975, Oct 1, 2015 :
    Plastic plates are such bullshit. Seriously those things cost 5 cents to make and sell for $26.

Think about it, plastic and crappy laminate veneer... Ask yourself this question, would you put "rubber/plastic" veneer on the floor of your house at $100 a square foot?

PM42, tEf0o, cody1960 and 2 others like this.
  8. rammi.cz Gingerbread Oct 1, 2015

rammi.cz, Oct 1, 2015 :
    No, i wouldn't but i still don't know what my house has in common with the back of my phone.

becauseimmanual and bestlands like this.
  9. 2ASIAN4U Studios Eclair Oct 1, 2015

2ASIAN4U Studios, Oct 1, 2015 :
    Congrats buddy, you figured out their original business plan. They have specifically stated that they don't expect to make much/any profit of their phone it self, instead profiting from accessories.

Tyronewong, Eskimo1975 and Robson like this.
  10. rammi.cz Gingerbread Oct 1, 2015

rammi.cz, Oct 1, 2015 :
    Yes, I see no problem with that. But I just expected it to feel better.

11. 2ASIAN4U Studios Eclair Oct 1, 2015

2ASIAN4U Studios, Oct 1, 2015 :
    I personally really like the sandstone, no intention on making the grippy back more slippery. They could have made a thin real wood layer for sure, but then complaints about flaking covers would have filled the forums. Either way a cheap back like this is the best option.

ManiBaker likes this.
  12. IBuzZBasHI Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2015

IBuzZBasHI, Oct 1, 2015 :
    do you even read what i write?

13. rammi.cz Gingerbread Oct 1, 2015

rammi.cz, Oct 1, 2015 :
    Yes, I just didn't care :)
    No, really, I bought the cover, because I expected to have a wooden feel when I touch it. If there is real wood under two layers of plastic, I don't care. It's plastic. And it looks plastic, and it feels plastic. Nothing more.

webdevgirl and jimberkas like this.
  14. rammi.cz Gingerbread Oct 1, 2015

rammi.cz, Oct 1, 2015 :
    I just had high expectations. It looks OK, not great, or spectacular, just OK. I've finally wear it, and it looks a bit better while on phone. ;)
    But the phone is a bit thicker and heavier, compared to sandstone.

abhishekezio likes this.
  15. webdevgirl Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2015

webdevgirl, Oct 1, 2015 :
    Same with the Black Apricot style swap. I just received it today and it's total plastic. No texture whatsoever even though, given the grain, there should be. Total ripoff. I have the bamboo style swap for the OPO and it's much better quality and actually bamboo.

Remember the video that came out about the bamboo cover for the OPO where they show it being made. Has anyone ever wondered why we haven't seen any such video for the OPT style swaps? Well, now you know . . .

16. pbergonzi KitKat Oct 1, 2015

pbergonzi, Oct 1, 2015 :
    The front of your phone pretends to be your friends, the back pretends to be wood.
    Go with it.

17. stuartdavjohnson Honeycomb Oct 1, 2015

18. Ceasedd Marshmallow Oct 1, 2015

Ceasedd, Oct 1, 2015 :
    Mine also feels like a skin,I've been wondering if we're buying skins.The Bamboo is the only one I like now.

Deactivated User likes this.
  19. Eskimo1975 Gingerbread Oct 1, 2015

May I recommend the OPT Diztronic 'red' case. Fantastic feel in hand. And protects your phone.

20. Eskimo1975 Gingerbread Oct 1, 2015

I'm saying cheap plastic backs are overrated. Maybe a custom skin or a good ol case will work better for you.