Round 1! OnePlus Stickers 2.0 [design contest]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole Q.
    Brand Person Feb 25, 2016

Nicole Q. , Feb 25, 2016 :
    I receive stickers all the time. From unpacking a newly bought product or going to cocktail parties.

Stickers are often used to identify a certain group of people. For example, if you’ve ever visited the OnePlus office, the receptionist will give you a small blue round sticker saying ‘GUEST’, like this:

IMG_1706.jpg

Jeyne, our girl ;P

My friend Chris just had a horrible experience with stickers in HK airport. So you know people who live in Shenzhen normally choose to depart from Hong Kong when they need to go abroad (Why? Of course the tickets are cheaper! And the Starbucks at HK Airport serves really good croissants with a huge piece of brie.) Yet travelling to HK is kind of a hassle because of all the lining-up when passing the border. Experienced travelers (like myself), would take a minivan which takes you directly to the airport (or back to Shenzhen) without getting off at the port. Very convenient.

I told Chris this trick a while ago, he followed my instruction when flying back to Shenzhen. He went to Starbucks, got a delicious sandwich, then went to the minivan ticket counter, and something incredible happened.

There are multiple minivan companies running the service, and their competition is really intense. As a result, when our dearest friend Chris got there, at least 10 ladies suddenly showed up and started to put stickers all over him (they use stickers to identify if this passenger is taking this van) and tried to sell him tickets!

Chris: “... to be honest, I felt like I’m a piece of meat to be sold on the market…”

Anyways.

We made OnePlus stickers in the early days, and people in the office would like to put them on their personal stuff (so that @Mike wouldn't use @Carl’s protein powder and claim it was his). We also sent the stickers to our fans and hoped they can be our walking billboard (joking).

1.jpg

Previous OnePlus stickers

I liked these stickers: they are pretty much standard from a customer perspective because they are just our logo in different format. Like our other swag. One day Carl came to me and said. ‘hey, let's make some new cool swag.’

I thought about 'what would be really unusual and cool', and then I figured it would be valuable if we can JUST give our fans something useful and interesting. That is the COOL, the way to make your fans your walking billboards (joking)!

Beginning with this OnePlus Stickers 2.0 project, I want every one of OnePlus fans to have the chance to design the swag.

The rules are very simple: send your design (an editable design file + a jpg.) to community@oneplus.net with the subject of ‘My OnePlus Sticker 2.0’, before March 15th. And boom, you’re in.

We will choose the top 20 designs internally as Round 1, and then publish these 20 design on the forum for people to vote, as Round 2;​

We will choose top 5 design out of the vote, and then produce these stickers. And of course send them to our fans all over the world, with the designers’ names on the sticker.​

If you’re selected in Round 1, you will get a limited edition of OnePlus Backpack;​

If you’re selected in Round 2, your name gets to show on the stickers, you could have a OnePlus Water Bottle with your name on it, plus a OnePlus yearbook with all employees’ sketches on each page. I will make sure your favorite employee sign on his/her page :p

This is going to be fun, I think. Just let me know if you need any resource or support. @LightningXIII we’re counting on you.

Okay, good day.

Yours,
    Nicole

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2016

2. aenews
    KitKat Feb 25, 2016

aenews , Feb 25, 2016 :
    Interesting haha :rolleyes:

LOL :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016

rmprakash, obakesan and Luke-S like this.
  3. bonnygeorgea
    Honeycomb Feb 25, 2016

4. Luke-S
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 25, 2016

Luke-S , Feb 25, 2016 :
    Better get to work. I don't need stickers to be a walking billboard.

5. Mike
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 25, 2016

Kaven, byap, Alchemist_ and 27 others like this.
  6. Nicole Q.

Nicole Q. , Feb 25, 2016 :
    I am telling the story

A² Mogaveer, volteon, byap and 27 others like this.
  7. Wahoux
    Lollipop Feb 25, 2016

Ceasedd likes this.
  8. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Feb 25, 2016

Ceasedd , Feb 25, 2016 :
    I want them.*_*

pgidia, OmarFPG, ChrisTerp and 2 others like this.
  9. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 25, 2016

viraaj11, OmarFPG, mwayner and 4 others like this.
  10. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Feb 25, 2016

dsmonteiro , Feb 25, 2016 :
    Couldn't design a sticker to save my life.

Nice idea, though!

Mr. BG, triculious, ChrisTerp and 2 others like this.
  11. jpswer
    Jelly Bean Feb 25, 2016

jpswer , Feb 25, 2016 :
    Cool. If course some really early members will remember an even earlier set of stickers.

Edit:

[​IMG]

12. Nicole Q.

13. Naman Bhalla
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Feb 25, 2016

Naman Bhalla , Feb 25, 2016 :
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww

14. Nicole Q.

15. Wahoux
    Lollipop Feb 25, 2016

dreniacdre, SoniaB and LightningXIII like this.
  16. Rick Manders
    Community Veteran Feb 25, 2016

17. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Feb 25, 2016

pgidia, EpicSwirly, IvanMuse and 2 others like this.
  18. NoNoZaZa
    Froyo Feb 25, 2016

19. Naman Bhalla
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Feb 25, 2016

script and SoniaB like this.
  20. LightningXIII
    Community Veteran Feb 25, 2016