[Round 1] Share your impressions on the OnePlus 5

1. F_Sreenivasarao_Surisett
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

2. Dan_Badaluta
    Honeycomb Jun 29, 2017

Dan_Badaluta , Jun 29, 2017 :
    Hi,
    I like the slick design of the OP5.
    The dash charger is the winner for me. The specs are wow.
    I previously owned the OPO and the OPX. The camera on the OP5 it is ok for my point of view, but not great.
    The big disappointment for me is the OIS missing.
    If the OnePlus didn't market it soo intens, I think it would be better. Maybe they'll includ the OIS on the OP5T.... maybe ;)
    Overall the phone feels premium and I like it.

Attached Files:

3. vbal
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

vbal , Jun 29, 2017 :
    Update: yesterday's update has solved the wifi, issue. If you haven't recieved it yet: the wi-Fi frequency band from automatic to 2,4 or 5 ghz only. So I'm happy with my purchase: sleek, fast phone without bloatware.

David Y. likes this.
  4. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Jun 29, 2017

David Y. , Jun 29, 2017 :
    That's the NFC antenna, which is subtly inlaid as vertical line above the camera ring, for a better design, not a scratch at all lol.

5. G_Shantaram_Shinde_dgQX
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

G_Shantaram_Shinde_dgQX , Jun 29, 2017 :
    I have experienced over more glitch when start typing SMS few letters are missing till it automatically takes you to next line. very strange.try with long words without spaces

6. cal_11
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

cal_11 , Jun 29, 2017 :
    My Expirience:

Pro:
    • 5,5" 16:9-format! This rules! I don't need a tall display like used in a Samsung or LG.
    • Very, very fast
    • Perfect fingerprint sensor
    • Good display (could be a little bit brighter in the sun but compared to the price it is OK)
    • Near stock android
    • Nice launcher improvements (even I'm using nova launcher)
    • Very good battery. It lasts more than a day for me. I never had this with another Android phone
    • Dual-SIM
    Negative
    • No microSD but I can compensate this with 128GB
    • The camera or the camera app. Pics are OK but other cameras are doing much better pics. Check the pics from a LG G4 (which is more than two years old). These are better and more detailed. I fear, a camera update will not fix this problem because details are blurry in RAW-mode too.
    To be honest, I have to say, these flaws are only visible in zoomed areas.

I've tested my LG (the best phone I ever had) and a Samsung S8 (which has the better camera but a terrible display format, a real silly positioned fingerprint-sensor and some other strange usability flaws).

I think, I'll keep the OP5 even I'm not 100% satisfied.

Mikomie likes this.
  7. Shubham_Capricorn
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

8. Mikomie
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

Mikomie , Jun 29, 2017 :
    My Impression of OnePlus 5:
    1. Design : 8/10
      Altough I don't think the OP5 looks like an Iphone (different bevel, texture, color, size) The photos you often see online are misleading in a way that it makese you think it looks more like an Iphone than it actualy does.
      I'm not a fan of a protruded camera. I would rather see a bigger battery and a slightly bulkier phone.
      Design is not a deal-breaker or care so much for when choosing a phone, most users use a cover or case to protect
      it anyways. The protruded camera however is a different thing, this makes it more subjective to scratches and damage. The phone is not water proof but what did you expect? Get all the same features as a flagship that's almost double the money? 128gb OP5 vs IP7+ is around 600 vs 950€
      Good: The bevel amount, the full metal, the slider, the ceramic home button, gorilla glass 5, 3.5mm jack.
      Bad: Protruded camera, a tad to slippery to the touch, no micro SD.
    2. Display : 7/10
      While I'm not bothered so much about the lower resolution (I rather have more performance), I do think the
      display is outdated.
    3. Camera : 7/10
      No stabilization at 4K, Telephoto lens is not realy a huge added value, a wide angle lens would have been a much better decision. Aslo they should of improved the main lens vs the 3T imo. They do promote this phone as THE phone for taking pictures, whilest the images it produces are good, it's not the best. From a price range point of view it does blow most of it's competition away. I also like the fact that they don't over saturate photos like many other phones do. If I want to **** up my photo, I'll do this myself, thank you very much. So good call on that one OP!
      A good digital camera schould take pictures that are close to the real life thing. No company should temper with that unless the user wants this. So to other companies, make thise things an optional feature/setting don't do this by default!
    4. Software : 9/10
      Super fast, altough scrolling sometimes seems to flicker. Great additions are made, like the 3 finger screenshot, the double tapping on the buttons, ... while keeping the software close to the stock android. Love the fact there is no bloatware on this phone!
    5. Performance : 9.5/10
      What can I say? It's fast, in fact I think it's faster than the Iphone7+ in many situations.
    6. Battery Life : 8/10
      I expected a little more from this battery. The greatest design flaw is that they protruded the camera instaid of just adding a slightly bigger battery.
    7. Fast charging: 10/10
      I've never seen a phone charge this fast before, this is wonderfull
    Conclusion, for the money you pay you still get an excellent phone. However they marketed the OP5 the wrong way by focussing so much on the camera. Many phones have and will have simmilar lenses and software in the very near future.
    They should of put more focus on the dash charge, the speed, the fact that it doesn't have bloatware, that it takes great pictures almost on par with the other flagship phones.
    The phone still needs some software updates before it will reach it's full glory but all in all it's worth the price tag.

Overall score: 83.5 / 100

9. G_tarnesh_saini_ToIM
    Donut Jun 29, 2017

G_tarnesh_saini_ToIM , Jun 29, 2017 :
    that's my first flagship phone. and I found it truly amazing. design is very good. very slip looks class. I have to give point for everything it's should be like:

design: 9/10
    camera: 8.5/10
    display 10/10
    battery: 9.5/10

overall : 9/10

loving it. thanks

10. G_ragu_ragu_kmEu
    Donut Jun 29, 2017

11. hrvoje.solc
    Froyo Jun 29, 2017

hrvoje.solc , Jun 29, 2017 :
    Not true.
    1498732037104.jpg
    This forum really needs a cleanup bot. I can't believe the amount of people not paying attention and posts without substance.

12. ankitttt
    Honeycomb Jun 29, 2017

ankitttt , Jun 29, 2017 :
    In hand feel is awesome. And I love everything about this phone except for that jello scrolling effect.
    Been using this for about 4 hours. Camera is good if not great. IMG-20170629-WA0001.jpg

13. ankitttt
    Honeycomb Jun 29, 2017

ankitttt , Jun 29, 2017 :
    In hand feel is awesome. And I love everything about this phone except for that jello scrolling effect.
    Been using this for about 4 hours. Camera is good if not great. View attachment 547963

14. Deactivated User
    Jun 29, 2017

15. Jaswanth666
    Froyo Jun 29, 2017

Jaswanth666 , Jun 29, 2017 :
    1498741065474.jpg
    The thin edges, edge to egde screen(the thin bezels give it such a look) and the 2.5D curved screen makes it look as one the most premium devices held in hand.
    Overall it's the best phone and I consider it as a worthy upgrade from my Oneplus One. The phone absolutely justifies it's price.
    My 3 favourites of the phone
    1.The camera(that dual camera makes my friends get envied... Especially the portrait mode)
    2.Design(No words to describe it)
    3.Oxygen OS... Loving how snappy and fast this os is even without compromising on customisations.

16. alive_inception
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

alive_inception , Jun 29, 2017 :
    Amazing device , blazing fast UI .
    I never bought the device for camera ( I'm performance enthusiast) but it took just one shot with portrait mode to change everything , what I thought about this phone.
    Really the camera is Game changer , I'm totally impressed with it.
    This device ticks following check boxes
    YES IT'S TRUE↓↓↓
    1) Fastest device in the world (including phones running , ios , android ,windows ,etc)

2)One of the best Camera available in the world

What else you need????

This device completed my life , now even if I die soon I won't be REGRETTING

17. QuakeGio83
    Froyo Jun 29, 2017

QuakeGio83 , Jun 29, 2017 :
    Da possessore del 3T mi ritengo soddisfatto al passaggio al nuovo modello OnePlus 5.
    iniziamo dagli aspetti positivi: 1) estetica generale la trovo molto bella, anche se il 3T ha un bel design, con OP5 è stato fatto un passaggio in avanti, la colorazione nera è bellissima. 2) fluidità generale veramente impressionante 3) la fotocamera ha fatto alcuni passi in avanti 4) anche la batteria mi sta dando ottime soddisfazioni, arrivo tranquillamente a sera anche con un utilizzo pesante. Aspetti che apprezzo di meno: 1) troppo scivoloso, sono costretto ad applicare delle pellicole full body per aumentare il grip 2) la fotocamera e qui è il punto più critico. ho fatto il passaggio a questo modello in quanto con il 3T non ero pienamente soddisfatto (arrivavo da samsung S6 che ha veramente una ottima fotocamera) e confidavo che OP5 avesse realmente stravolto la situazione ma ad oggi sono rimasto deluso dall'assenza della stabilizzazione ottica ma soprattuto noto che se la luminosità è buona tutto va bene e gli scatti sono buoni, ma appena cala un po (tipo in casa) si iniziano a vedere i primi difetti, troppo rumore, immagini un pochino mosse...insomma...si deve lavorare ancora tanto sul software (non è ancora degno dello slogan clear photo) 3 alcuni bug software (ma qui confido in OP per il rilascio di nuove versioni che vadano ad indirizzare tali problemi 4) come anche segnalato per OP3T si tratta di un dual sim..mancano alcune funzioni oggi basilari per la gestione reale di un dual sim, come per esempio il fatto di poter gestire nativamente 2 app whatsapp (ricorrere ad app alternative impatta sulle performance e sulla batteria oltre a non essere sempre affidabili).
    in generale comunque mi ritengo soddisfatto del nuovo acquisto e lo consiglio a chi vuole un top di gamma longevo

18. vvivekgarg
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

vvivekgarg , Jun 29, 2017 :
    The oneplus5 design and hand feel is great, u don't realize that you have phone in hand its so light and slim.O

Overall impression for oneplus5 is that this phone is a beast with beauty. The speed and performance is unmatchedThere are many things that i like about these phone not just 3. But if i have to mention 3 things I like about this phone then those will be :1.
    1.Speed and Performance
    2. Camera
    3. Gaming DND

1498743776462.jpg

19. F_Manish_Wadhwa_Mvbj
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

F_Manish_Wadhwa_Mvbj , Jun 29, 2017 :
    hi guys I am manish, I was a iPhone lover and since 10years I never thought to shift from iPhone to android. but only ONEPLUS5 made to defeat.

great amazing awesome phone and I feel proud to carry in my hand.

I wish great success to the oneplus team.

cheers:)

20. G_Sreenivasarao_Pallapu_
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

G_Sreenivasarao_Pallapu_ , Jun 29, 2017 :
    I'm a smartphone lover. I love OP5's slim body and curvy edges. These days I'm not even keeping my OP5 in pocket. I'm always holding it in my hand, I want to feel it always.(But a bit slippery if we hold it with dry hands)

Overall experience is too good. Super fast, loads of RAM and tons of Internal memory. It's truly a beautiful beast. But I'm disappointed with camera. I hope OP will fix them through software updates.

The three main things I like are
    1. Release of source code parallelly with the device, and the community started porting custom ROMs
    2. Loud and clear speaker
    3. Gaming DND