[Round 1] Share your impressions on the OnePlus 5

1. thegoodside
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2017

thegoodside , Jun 26, 2017 :
    I'm very disappointed with the OnePlus 5 camera. It fails to provide a sharp imagine of the object in the picture and the color isn't reflecting the colour of the object.

2. nonameisgoodbyby
    Froyo Jun 26, 2017

nonameisgoodbyby , Jun 26, 2017 :
    OnePlus 5 - midnight black (8gb, 128gb)

**** Design

Most of the people were and are saying that Oneplus copied iPhone 7 plus design in iPhone 7 plus ( There are only two placements - Horizontal and vertical)

But OnePlus 5 is Damm perfect when you hold the device in the hand, it feels like you have hold a paper. ( A premium feel - unmatchable).

OnePlus 5 showed with it design that even with same design they can actually put lot more ( bigger battery, 3.5mm jack too)

I am in love with OnePlus as always ( After my OnePlus 3, 3T - the design of OnePlus 5 with round corners like their
    pred·e·ces·sor)

**** Overall impression

• Battery life of the phone has been improved a lot.
    • Dash charging as always changed the way and savesy time a lot.
    • I'm really enjoying photography experience on my OnePlus 5 ( Love it)
    • No lags whatltZ
    1498464307288.jpg

1498464307450.jpg
    r ( most of the people are saying OnePlus did a cheating in benchmark scores). I seriously don't believe in that - I can assure all of you, you will not feel any lag.

I was playing GTA SAN, ASPHALT 8, YouTube, Twitter and temple run and subway all together ( I didn't feel a bit of lag or slow performance.

- OnePlus 5 works faster than Lamborghini and Ferrari

My 3 favorite new things added into OnePlus 5.

-- Reading Mode ( I read news and ebooks a lot on my phone mostly at night ). So, it really helps me not to distract and constant focus on what I'm reading.

- Portrait mode ( Helps me to get fantastic bookeh effects.)

- Gaming do not disturb ( Thanks a lot )

P.S : Thanks for listening my feedback and addition of Front screen selfie flash for taking selfie at night ( Amazing). I had been tweeting to Carl pei a lot about it - Finally it has arrived with OnePlus 5

Regards

Never Settle - Police

Jean morganti likes this.
  3. Jean morganti
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2017

Jean morganti , Jun 26, 2017 :
    J'ai très hâte de le recevoir ! Répond il à tout les critères donnés par la marque?

4. chaituvatt
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2017

chaituvatt , Jun 26, 2017 :
    Performance of one plus 5 is great.
    Battery is awesome.
    Display is good.
    I feel so good by using op5.
    But camera stabilization is not good while recording.

5. F_Sreenivasarao_Surisett
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2017

F_Sreenivasarao_Surisett , Jun 26, 2017 :
    Despite of lot of negative propaganda about op5 we purchased it...it is soo sleek and premium mobile...very delicative also.....but we feel it should need compulsory of back cover and screen protection....they should be supplied along with the mobile....if it is possible to one plus family persons please send back cover and screen protection....they are not available also at present.....I personally feel this is your mobile and it's protection also yours...am I right

6. manums
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2017

manums , Jun 26, 2017 :
    Review after try days of usage.
    a. No lag observed anytime while using the phone. I could open 30 apps at once and phone switches between them without our eye realxing for a moment in between.
    b. Some issue with WiFi receptor. I have compared with Moto G4+. Oneplus5 gives intermittent issues with connectivity. Some 5% times it didn't connect though WiFi had full signal. However 4G connectivity doesn't have any issues at all.
    c. Camera is outstanding in the night. it is certainly better than all the android phones I have used. Portrait mode added some blur on to the object couple of times along with adding blur effect onto background.
    d. Autofocus is superfast. Photos never let you down.
    e. Dash charging is one of my favourite on Our plus 5. I charged only for 45 mins and it could run for more than 1.25 days with 45 mins charging. I switch between 4G and 3G to save battery.
    f. Reading mode is too good. It doesn't just dims backlight. It changes colour temperature and it is very cool on my eyes. i love this cos I read at least for an hour on phone.
    g. No accessories with phone in the box. There is a thin layer of screen guard on the phone. I'm waiting for some good tempered glasses and designer cases on Amazon.

lexibae likes this.
  7. Pranjal.shyamsukha
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2017

8. MatteoCozzari
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 26, 2017

MatteoCozzari , Jun 26, 2017 :
    I think that oneplus will build henceforward a true flagships but not more "killers"!
    The phone is wonderful and with a beautiful design (but not an inspired and original design) but with this price it's not a killer of flagship.

9. jj001e
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2017

jj001e , Jun 26, 2017 :
    So for the 1+5 feel very responsive and light in my hands. It was definitely time to upgrade from the 1+1!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017

10. Sachin6900
    Donut Jun 26, 2017

11. FruityFaiz
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2017

FruityFaiz , Jun 26, 2017 :
    • Design: The design looks and feels super premium, really love it! The midnight black isn't a fingerprint magnet like I thought it would be. Looks clean and premium all the time.

• Firstly the battery life, I am shocked about how good the battery life is. I've had many different devices and this has to be the one that lasts the longest. Also dash charge, I had the OPO and regret not getting the OP3 for dash charge alone. The phone does not heat up whatsoever and before you know it you're ready to go. Amazes me how this is possible.

• Camera: I love portrait mode, just really love it. It's like using a DSLR and the macro shots looks fab!
    • Reading mode: Thought this would be just a gimmick but reading before going sleep is so much less strain on my eyes.
    • Design: Love the slick design as I mentioned.
    And just something I'd like to mention:
    • Speed: Just amazed about how many apps that run and don't have to reload. Even those that do load super fast that you don't even notice.
    Photo:
    [​IMG]
    OnePlus 5 Contest - FruityFaiz https://forums-images.oneplus.net/data/medal/600fe2dcd49d8.png

kegansb likes this.
  12. maaalx
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2017

maaalx , Jun 26, 2017 :
    Nice design and specially midnight dark
    Best oxygen OS
    The best ram

13. Vinothprasu
    Eclair Jun 26, 2017

Vinothprasu , Jun 26, 2017 :
    1.Iam not excited because I was waiting for three months to buy this phone

2.Slate gray not gray look like a dark purple

3.Prize is high,below prize same specs available , I think u will go-to iPhone level standard definitely OnePlus cost around 1K Indian rupees.
    Ur Moto will be failed when u r rising rising the prize.

4.Not attractive color it's mean look like passive.

5.Totally wasted my money.

mkernbach likes this.
  14. Akiva
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2017

Akiva , Jun 26, 2017 :
    akiva.jpg
    I really enjoy the phone. I have been using it since the 21st and have had no issues. performance has been awesome. I am an ubereats driver so I use that app combined with a gps app throughout the day, the two are heavy on battery consumption and take a toll on overall performance; the op5 has done amazingly. I had the oneplus one, the 3 and the 3t previously and Im very happy with the improvements that have come with this newest edition.
    my favourites:
    1) The camera- Im really enjoying the quality level and the new portrait mode.
    2) The swipe down to screen shot with scrolling feature is very useful for me and works very well.
    3) the new manual camera mode features.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017

hrvoje.solc likes this.
  15. jusjan626
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2017

16. marlox
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2017

marlox , Jun 26, 2017 :
    1498494882677.jpg
    Das Oneplus 5 ist wirklich ein Alleskönner ohne die unnützen Features der Premium-Flagschiffe der teureren Konkurrenz. Durch das matte Finish bleiben auf dem Aluminiumgehäuse keine Fingerabdrücke und fühlt sich durch die sehr gute Verarbeitung wirklich gut an. Ich persönlich mag die Anordnung der Dual Kamera, da es im Vergleich zum Vorgänger mal etwas neues ist. Die Kamera macht im Vergleich zum Oneplus 3 detail- und farbreichere Fotos, allerdings sollten ein paar Software Updates die Kamera-Leistung noch verbessern. Die Performance ist extrem gut, ohne dass der Prozessor zu viel Akku verbraucht. Leider geht momentan die USB-Verbindung zum PC nicht, was allerdings sicherlich bald gelöst werden kann. Dann würde es von mir eine klare Kaufempfehlung geben, vor Allem in Verbindung mit dem wirklich schönen Karbon-Case.

17. kerric
    Eclair Jun 26, 2017

kerric , Jun 26, 2017 :
    Got my OnePlus 5 Midnight Black 8gb ram/128gb storage phone in the early drop after watching the launch live. Loved the free 2 day priority shipping. As a light "phone" user, I was looking for a higher spec'd phone with a good camera at a value price (i.e. not with a CAD $900+ starting price). So far, I think I got that. The phone feels nice in the hand, and the phone's exterior feels more premium than other value phones.

The few pictures I've taken have thus far have yielded nice photos which was important to me to capture those family moments on the go. Videos could be improved with better image stabilization. The phone is very zippy and I have no issues thus far with wi-fi or cellular signal connectivity.

Since I'm new to OnePlus products, all the features are new to me, but the new dual camera is a standout for me. I'm not going to compare and make a statement on how it stacks up to the pixel or s8, but I think the pictures are great for this phone's price point. Other highlights for me are the alert slider switch which allows for quick alert mode changes without being taken out of the pocket and the quick dash charging which means there is no reason to ever leave the house on a low battery.

So at this point in time, the OP5 gets a thumbs up from me.

IMG_20170626_101328.jpg

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017

lexibae and RonaldM like this.
  18. Suhas shastry
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2017

Suhas shastry , Jun 26, 2017 :
    it's an amazing phone,and to mention I am typing this with that phone itself... to be frank I really loved it..a lot more than I expected. But I am disappointed too at some issues..like the contrast while taking selfi..and u know the copycat issue..but over all I would say it still gives you a good features actually better feature then the iPhone.I know I know iPhone is an iPhone...like the tag line.."if u have an iPhone u have an iPhone" but still I would say..."if u drop an iPhone u drop an iPhone"...and as the message goes to the company I would say I will NEVER SETTLE with OnePlus 5.

19. beastkay
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 26, 2017

beastkay , Jun 26, 2017 :
    1. Dual Camera (Focus on what matters)
    2. Portrait mode (Bokeh)
    3. Qualcomm Snapdragon 835(Making OP5 a BEA5T)

UPLOAD.JPG

RonaldM likes this.
  20. michelletran
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2017

michelletran , Jun 26, 2017 :
    So far I am in love! super sleek and has been flawless. I am thoroughly enjoying the camera quality as well