Round 2 of Let's Talk - Winners announced!

1. Ruby G. Creative Copywriter Staff Member Apr 16, 2018

Ruby G., Apr 16, 2018 :
    [Round 3 has started! After you've read this thread to see how things went the first time around, head over to the latest thread for updates on winners etc..]

LTR2-1.jpg

Fingers itching to write? You're just in luck - it's time for another batch of Let's Talk threads! Per some suggestions from the last round, we'll be releasing two topics each week until the end of the month. Guidelines are the same as last time, but here's a brief recap to save you a click:
    • Share your thoughts/expertise on question threads marked with [Let's Talk] in the title.
    • All responses between 300 – 1000 words long will be automatically entered in the running for leveling up in our rewards system. Doesn't matter if it’s in response to a past or current round topic.
        • Level 1: We message you thanks and send you 100 raffle points.
        • Level 2: We feature you in our monthly newsletter and weekly update (Bonus: One accessory of your choice + the option to add an Avatar sticker)
        • Level 3: Your post is added to our Medium with full credits and publicized on our social media channels (Bonus: Profile trophy + a swag bag of goodies)
        • Level 4: Added to the Hall of Fame (Bonus: Early device access through The Lab)
    • Responses over 500 words can be moved to a new thread! Tag me so I don't miss it.
    The posts from last time were so fun to read. (I seriously learned so much O_O) I'm excited to see how you all will rise to the challenge this time! I'll keep updating this thread as we release new threads and select winners.

P.S. If you're looking for some inspiration, these are the entries from the Level 3 winners last time.

2. Ruby G. Creative Copywriter Staff Member Apr 16, 2018

Stickied Post
    Ruby G., Apr 16, 2018 :
    4/16 Update: Two questions released :cool: Challenge your design imagination here. Give your thoughts on the best & worst smartphone features here.

4/23 Update: This week's are out! Pass along the best life advice you've ever gotten here. Show off how you customize your device here.

4/28 Update: A friendly reminder that this round ends on Monday, April 30! So get your votes and entries in before the end of that day. I'll announce the winners on May 2 :)

5/2 Update: Friends, thanks for another fantastic round of Let's Talk. I also thoroughly enjoyed the posts from you all this time. Especially with the customization question, I was impressed by the depth and breadth of your responses! Please join me in congratulating the following talented wordsmiths, who won the hearts of the community and staff votes.

Level 1 winners
    (Gets a thank you message +100 raffle points)

@2020amolg
    @Black Forest Ham
    @brian.sedore
    @elanglois
    @Dunnow
    @GopalB.
    @kuverti
    @Louioo
    @Mjo, @Moin2200
    Ravijain87
    @zheyong

Level 2 winners
    (Gets featured in a monthly newsletter and weekly update, plus one accessory of your choice and the option to add an Avatar sticker.)

@ravijain87
    Shivang Joshi

Level 3 winners
    (Gets added to our Medium with full credits and publicized on our social media channels, plus a profile trophy and a swag bag of goodies.)

Cheetosdust
    NeVer_SeTTLe
    @Shivang Joshi
    @theshinybeast

Level 4 winners
    (Gets added to the Hall of Fame subforum and gains early access to the OnePlus 6 through The Lab!)

@Cheetosdust
    @NeVeR_SeTTLe

Congratulations again to everyone who participated! You've left behind some wonderful posts for people to read and learn from. Let me know if you'd like to see another round of Let's Talk, and what topics you'd be excited to write about.

Never Settle.

3. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert May 3, 2018

Stickied Post
    Cheetosdust, May 3, 2018 :
    Community,

Cheetosdust here. As you may be aware, yesterday was announced I was one of the winners of the Let’s Talk threads, reaching Level 4 with the awesome @NeVeR_SeTTLe

It was an honor and a privilege to be in such great company with some of the best members of this community during the process. As you may also know, the prize is a place on The Lab program and a OnePlus 6.

However, I always said I did this because I like to write and my love for this community. Be it exchanging silly posts on the Wormhole, reading the announcements or partaking in a discussion about features, you guys were always there for me, even when you didn’t know.

So, I talked with @Ruby G. and I decided to give my OnePlus 6 back to the community. Therefore, OnePlus will pick an additional person from The Lab applicants to take my spot and get the coveted OnePlus 6 for free - Can’t wait to read your review. :)

It’s the least I can do. I was thinking about buying the phone for myself and that’s exactly that I am going to do on launch day. I hope the person who is chosen will be a little bit happier and that he/she can get the phone in a time where he/she really needs it.

You all keep being awesome and kind. Keep being there for each other.

To end, a big big big special thanks to @Ruby G., @David Y. and all the team. It was an honor being picked and I am forever grateful to you all.

Your friend,
    Cheetos

Last edited: May 4, 2018

Venky61, Dunnow, pa5t1s and 32 others like this.
  4. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Apr 16, 2018

Sun90, kuverti, Mjo and 11 others like this.
  5. dsmonteiro Starting Point Manager Community Expert Apr 16, 2018

dsmonteiro, Apr 16, 2018 :
    Woop Woop.. The fight for Level 4 begins! @Cheetosdust @Baymax @theshinybeast @Dunnow @idkwhoiam322

Sun90, pa5t1s, jlasensiofi and 21 others like this.
  6. GopalB. Marshmallow Apr 16, 2018

Sun90, Mjo, Punk_69 and 6 others like this.
  7. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 16, 2018

youbi, Apr 16, 2018 :
    Good luck everyone. :)

And those two questions are surely a nice way to start the week.

Design our accessories? I want a Ebony sandstone bumper case. :p :D

8. meatandy Nougat Apr 16, 2018

Sun90, Mjo, Cheetosdust and 3 others like this.
  9. MKT_IRFAN3735 Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 16, 2018

Cheetosdust likes this.
  10. Shivang Joshi KitKat Apr 16, 2018

Sun90 and Cheetosdust like this.
  11. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Apr 16, 2018

Cheetosdust, Apr 16, 2018 :
    Thanks for the second edition @Ruby G.

Time to try that Lvl 3 this time ;)

Sun90, Mjo, Baymax and 2 others like this.
  12. Sanjay_ Gingerbread Apr 16, 2018

13. Shivang Joshi KitKat Apr 16, 2018

Mjo, idkwhoiam322 and Cheetosdust like this.
  14. K1515158397864 Gingerbread Apr 16, 2018

15. xnutzii Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2018

16. Jumpi1234 Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2018

MobileTechMatters likes this.
  17. theshinybeast Lollipop Apr 16, 2018

Sun90, MobileTechMatters, Mjo and 5 others like this.
  18. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 16, 2018

FlixbusLennart, Apr 16, 2018 :
    How exactly does the level system work again? How do you guys determine who is at what level? I've been level 1 last time and thought Round 2 would make for level 2 and so on. Are there any fixed rules or characteristics that allow posters to rise in levels? Plus, is there a cap for the number of people who can occupy each level?

19. Moin2200 Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2018

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  20. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Apr 16, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Apr 16, 2018 :
    Another great opportunity to express our thoughts and creativity. Thanks again.

All the best everyone!

21. Baymax Starting Point Expert Apr 16, 2018

Sun90 and Ruby G. like this.