rSAP Support?

1. franio Donut Jun 26, 2017

franio, Jun 26, 2017 :
    Can anyone confirm that the OnePlus 5 does have rSAP Support?

I would switch instantly to the OP5 if it will support rSAP.

All new Car-Multimedia-Systems need support for rSAP, like Audi, VW, BMW and Mercedes.

Is there anyone who just have connected the OP5 with his car system?

2. VoodooSixG Cupcake Jun 28, 2017

VoodooSixG, Jun 28, 2017 :
    Hi, unfortunately, it appears the OP5 doesn't support rSAP. I tried to connect my car via the rSAP profile and it fails to respond. I then had a chat with a OP representative via the Live Chat option and they tell me that it is not currently supported but that they will feed it back to the Devs/Technical team.

Perhaps if enough of us do this they will enable the rSAP option, even if it were just for the primary SIM...

hkupila and stevenpauwels like this.
  3. goyter26 Cupcake Jul 5, 2017

goyter26, Jul 5, 2017 :
    hello
    i have an Audi A4 from 2013 and i confirm that the oneplus 5 does not support rSAP. You can listen to music via bluetooth, you can also use your phone in the handfree mode...but you cannot share data (internet) with the car. two solutions... you have to root your OP5 and install a program like rsap Android...I don't want to do that... or you have to buy a duo sim card...

a pity because on my old Samsung Galaxy S5 it was working perfectly!

I hope OnePlus will release soon a solution to this problem.

4. Kyle_Tierling Cupcake Jul 11, 2017

Kyle_Tierling, Jul 11, 2017 :
    When you say use your phone in handfree mode, does this mean you can still receive calls and make calls through the Audi interface?

5. goyter26 Cupcake Jul 16, 2017

goyter26, Jul 16, 2017 :
    yes this I can...but I can not exchange data (internet) with Audi connect.

6. Kojakjd Cupcake Aug 16, 2017

Kojakjd, Aug 16, 2017 :
    I have a Oneplus5 and wanted to connect it to a vw passat via bluetooth (rSAP) but it does not work in total. After a longer E-Mail conversation with the supporting team of oneplus they told me finally that there will be no update to fix this in the nearer future. I am a little bit disappointed about that.

stevenpauwels likes this.
  7. titus91 Cupcake Oct 9, 2017

titus91, Oct 9, 2017 :
    What a pitty...
    Same problem here: I do have a 2013 Golf VII with Discover Pro navigation system. On my old HTC One M7 the use of RSAP was possible.
    I tried the RSAP installation app but I'm still getting the QMI_ERR_ACCESS_DENIED error. So I do have to activate stuff manually. It's a mess....

Maybe it's possible to implement RSAP in the future. Let's hope for that....

8. youarekiddingme Froyo Aug 13, 2019

youarekiddingme, Aug 13, 2019 :
    Let's be clear - the phone companies and device manufacturers designed Bluetooth, and the car industry did their own thing and used SAP for simple tethering requirement.
    As a result the car systems are rubbish.
    Mercedes are one of the worst with COMAND which is a waste of time for internet access.