Rufus Cuff Wrist Communicator (Smartwatch)

1. haynes11
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2014

haynes11 , Sep 19, 2014 :
    Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone here has ordered the Rufus Cuff "Wrist Communicator" AKA Smartwatch.

Campaign link with video here: "https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...n-a-smartwatch-a-wrist-communicator/x/8648359"

Rufus Cuff website: "http://store.rufuslabs.com/"

Like the Pebble it's a indiegogo backed project, that are due to ship out this month (apparently). It looks like the next best smartwatch to compete with the Pebble, Apple smartwatch etc. I say looks because as far as I know they haven't been officially shipped out yet, and I see no reviews and who knows it could be shipped and be a shambles and be terrible!

So if anyone here has backed this project and has a shipment due, please post here and provide a review when you've received yours, as I'm very curious if this would live up to expectations!

Even if you haven't heard of this before, or haven't backed this project, I want to know peoples opinions on this! It looks promising and could be a great piece of kit and outshine any other smartwatch, or it could just be buggy, and an epic failure! Who knows! :')

Kind Regards
    Haynes11

@freeranger I see you've made a couple of posts about the Rufus Cuff, did you back it?!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

2. Reflect Stratos
    KitKat Sep 19, 2014

3. haynes11
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2014

haynes11 , Sep 19, 2014 :
    I'm considering pre-ordering one for the future, but I don't want it to be some defective expensive terrible piece of garbage. While many projects on Indiegogo and Kickstarter do produce good results, some just leave you with an expensive piece of non working junk...

4. peoplesflip
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2014

5. haynes11
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2014

6. olufs3n
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2014

7. Kesmar
    Froyo Nov 25, 2014

Kesmar , Nov 25, 2014 :
    Looks like something I would wear at home to control everything in my house. Not sure about everyday carry though. Hopefully those who backed it get what they want.

8. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Nov 25, 2014

9. jthe111
    Jelly Bean Nov 25, 2014

jthe111 , Nov 25, 2014 :
    Honestly... it looks like they strapped a little smartphone on someone's wrist. And ya. android wear would have improved the device 10 fold.