3. May be, when it is stable enough.

879 vote(s)
    39.5%
  1. yacuken Eclair Oct 8, 2016

yacuken, Oct 8, 2016 :
    This will be my next step.

2. msri3here Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 8, 2016

msri3here, Oct 8, 2016 :
    Installed this build and its working good.
    One thing I found is, I cant add Google account under Settings --> Accounts
    Anyway to get this done?

3. Marnux Donut Oct 8, 2016

Marnux, Oct 8, 2016 :
    I'm not familiar with building CM, but I have a machine that should be able to do it faster than your laptop. Let me see if I can get everything in place to build CM, so I can donate some processing power. :)

EDIT: Just read through the build instructions of CM and it should be doable. I'll do a test on my laptop to see how well I actually do in setting it up. After the weekend I'm home again and I can then use a proper build machine.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016

luxuskamel and CBpbxEcmecmBeH like this.
  4. sridiculous Gingerbread Oct 8, 2016

sridiculous, Oct 8, 2016 :
    Does it work if we first use backup to onedrive and then install the new zip and later restore that backup? Will that restore all the settings, installed apps etc?

5. mailyaseen Honeycomb Oct 8, 2016

mailyaseen, Oct 8, 2016 :
    OTA will be good. Else everytime we need to install from the first and configure everything again.. adding account, installing apps.. :(

6. mailyaseen Honeycomb Oct 9, 2016

mailyaseen, Oct 9, 2016 :
    Yes, not able to add google account. Even i tried adding by carddav, its giving error.
    It is not giving option to add google or facebook account.. :(

7. msri3here Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 9, 2016

msri3here, Oct 9, 2016 :
    ok, I was able to move some files around from older builds and able to add Google and Facebook accounts now.
    Files to be moved are under /usr/share/accounts

8. Marnux Donut Oct 9, 2016

Marnux, Oct 9, 2016 :
    I was able to set up my laptop to start compiling CM, but i run into errors every single time. Some are missing programs, others configuration and some are just cryptic. So it's slow progress, but it will allow me to implement the configuration faster on my build machine. So hopefully i can provide a custom build by the end of next week.

9. yacuken Eclair Oct 9, 2016

yacuken, Oct 9, 2016 :
    Hello again. I don't touch my laptop all day. He was very hot and slow:D
    I build custom CM zip. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-Bzbf28DTPzNGtkcjdvZVhYaWs
    Try to install it.
    This zip and sfos image. Without sensors_fix.zip.
    Thanks;)

UPD. For Google account install jolla-settings-accounts-extensions-google or jolla-settings-accounts-extensions-3rd-party-all for Google, Faceboot, Twitter, VK, Yahoo, Dropbox (and something else?)

horst58, siddug, Marnux and 3 others like this.
  10. azeez4901 Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 10, 2016

azeez4901, Oct 10, 2016 :
    is this Salfish OS cm based build? anyone tried it so far?

11. mailyaseen Honeycomb Oct 10, 2016

mailyaseen, Oct 10, 2016 :
    Yes, sensor works with this...

shunyata likes this.
  12. Marnux Donut Oct 10, 2016

Marnux, Oct 10, 2016 :
    Installing custom CM and SFos.
    @yacuken : Would it be possible to work with CM 13 as a base or is there some technological constraint, not taking new development into account.

13. yacuken Eclair Oct 10, 2016

yacuken, Oct 10, 2016 :
    cm-13 base not yet ready. too many errors

14. Marnux Donut Oct 11, 2016

Marnux, Oct 11, 2016 :
    @yacuken : Thanks for the clarification.

Install off the new build with custom CM, has been running now for a day and seems to work well. Primarily the sensors and navigation were up and running without any additional manual actions. Which makes it a lot easier for less technical users.

15. yacuken Eclair Oct 11, 2016

yacuken, Oct 11, 2016 :
    Glad to read it:)
    But that's not all. A lot of work ahead.
    I try to give it a little more time;)

mailyaseen likes this.
  16. Marnux Donut Oct 11, 2016

Marnux, Oct 11, 2016 :
    I understand and i'll continue on getting the build system up, despite that the need is less now. Trying to find a way to have openjdk 1.7 available for the build, without interfereing with the operating system running on 1.8. Maybe it can prove helpful later on.

17. wdehoog Gingerbread Oct 13, 2016

wdehoog, Oct 13, 2016 :
    @yacuken is it possible to include kernel modules for cifs and tun? Or can they be downloaded from somewhere?

EDIT
    Tried some stuff. TUN seems to be build in and indeed OpenVPN (SecureFishNet) works. I build the cifs.ko and can now use FishNetMount.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016

18. wdehoog Gingerbread Oct 13, 2016

wdehoog, Oct 13, 2016 :
    @yacuken another question. I am trying to use gmediarender and upnpplayer to listen to music on my phone. When I connect a bluetooth headhone the sound from all sailfish apps goes to it but not the sound from gmediarender. It keeps using the speakers or the jack. Eventhough I let it use pulsesink. If I add to /etc/pulse/arm_msm8974_oneplus-bacon.pa

.ifexists module-switch-on-connect
    load-module module-switch-on-connect
    .endif

after connecting the sound of gmediarender does go to the bluetooth headphone.

Now the question: should this be added to the sailfish images you make or do I have to keep adding it myself? I have no idea what the policy for pulseaudio configuration is but the module-switch-on-connect file is present on the phone.

19. yacuken Eclair Oct 17, 2016

yacuken, Oct 17, 2016 :
    Good. So can u write a reason for add this module? I never used vpn/sshfs/cifs and something else:)

CBpbxEcmecmBeH likes this.
  20. wdehoog Gingerbread Oct 17, 2016

wdehoog, Oct 17, 2016 :
    Well I use OpenVPN to securely connect to the network of my business. But like I said TUN seems already built in so nothing to be done here.

CIFS I would like to use for accessing data on my bananapi at home which shares it's disks using samba.