2. No

458 vote(s)
    20.6%
  3. May be, when it is stable enough.

879 vote(s)
    39.6%
  1. mvmsaikrishna Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 18, 2015

mvmsaikrishna, Mar 18, 2015 :
    flashbale zip is not ready yet. The instructions are using computer and Sailfish's HADK .

msri3here and MNavy_ like this.
  2. t-uzun Honeycomb Mar 18, 2015

t-uzun, Mar 18, 2015 :
    if the instructions are out shouldnt it be pretty easy for someone who has knowledge about porting to make a flashable zip out of it?? its a question.. dont really know if its easy or hard

Thearcade12 likes this.
  3. t-uzun Honeycomb Mar 18, 2015

t-uzun, Mar 18, 2015 :
    there is one thing i want to say to jolla! i know the sales of jolla phone and tablet are just mini sales against big companies like samsung lg huawei etc... BUT i know at least a hundred people who wished to have sailfish os with android as dual boot on phones like the OnePlus One....they would have even paid a few bucks for it like 20€ to get that thing as dual boot and high end hardware
    i cant understand why jolla didnt try to bring the os to more people.. Look at xiaomi they biggest reason for their success is the many devices MIUI runs on even i n the early stage like 2011.

Thearcade12 likes this.
  4. mvmsaikrishna Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 18, 2015

Yes. On the IRC, some guy said that he will compile the sources and build a flashable zip out of it soon.

5. mvmsaikrishna Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 18, 2015

Case with MIUI is different. It is just a different rom which is based on Android.
    Sailfish OS a new os entirely. However, Jolla decided to make it available for other devices too!

6. t-uzun Honeycomb Mar 18, 2015

t-uzun, Mar 18, 2015 :
    yeah miui is of course just based on android so it was easier to spread, but thats why it is even more important to spread sailfish os even more than miui because it isnt based on android...
    everyone in this world knows Apple corporation they dont have the need to spread their word to every single person on this planet to make them know to them what apple is. BUT jolla keeps just in the community they mostly live off meego and MER community. BUT TO GAIN NEW CUSTOMERS THEY NEED IT TO MAKE IT KNOWN

sanjaypathak and Thearcade12 like this.
  7. Thearcade12 Honeycomb Mar 19, 2015

Thearcade12, Mar 19, 2015 :
    You are absolutely correct, look at what microsoft is doing now after ages. They will be bringing their windows phone os to other popular android devices exactly similar to what miui did 4 years ago.

Os like salfish and ubuntu need to spread more among the people especially when big companies like Microsoft felt the need to do it.

sanjaypathak and Mecca EL like this.
  8. skromnia Honeycomb Mar 19, 2015

skromnia, Mar 19, 2015 :
    The gestures on Sailfish OS are pretty horrible and it it lags on the Jolla phone itself so I really don't understand why are you so excited for?
    Awkward launcher layout, limited functionality and dodgy apk compatibility.

If you want to try the OS just download and install the Angry Birds Stella Launcher by Jolla and change the birdie wallpaper.

sanjaypathak likes this.
  9. mvmsaikrishna Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2015

MNavy_ likes this.
  10. Sergeylappo Gingerbread Mar 19, 2015

Sergeylappo, Mar 19, 2015 :
    Looks like phone and data working. There 's a lot of missed text messages and phone calls. Great!

11. Vohukain Donut Mar 19, 2015

Vohukain, Mar 19, 2015 :
    Possible issues for pre-alpha:
    vgrade
    : "...I think I can do a pre-alpha1"
    vgrade: "then the fun can start with wlan,ril,camera,sensors"
    Source link

EDIT: OPO got just updated on development hardware support list. Display, Touch, LED, Vibra, Power mgnt and USB are working. GPS is not working for sure and the rest are untested.

BTW, Great news! Since Sailfish HADK ports are missing Android app support (at least for so far, check latest breakthrough ;)) there is a problem with apps that doesn't have native app support on Sailfish (like WhatsApp). In the past there was good WhatsApp client called MitäKuuluu but users got banned by WhatsApp because it was 3rd party client. That is why developer Coderus shut down the project. However, developer Cepi has started his WhatsUp project again and Coderus is helping him! WhatsUp was great succees on MeeGo platform and never got banned by WhatsApp. The development is looking very promising now! WhatsUp does things differently than MitäKuuluu and hopefully it will not get banned by WhatsApp.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015

CBpbxEcmecmBeH, msri3here and vgrade like this.
  12. MNavy_ Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2015

13. Vohukain Donut Mar 19, 2015

Vohukain, Mar 19, 2015 :
    sailfishos-bacon-release-1.1.1.27-alpha1-201503182354.zip is ready to download from here. Have fun!

SilverLegend and Mecca EL like this.
  14. t-uzun Honeycomb Mar 19, 2015

t-uzun, Mar 19, 2015 :
    wow amazing guys iam really looking forward to this =)
    so i just need multirom with sailfish support and then flash the zip as second rom??

mwm341 likes this.
  15. Vohukain Donut Mar 19, 2015

Vohukain, Mar 19, 2015 :
    I'm not a dev. Thanks to the devs only! Vgrade really needs multirom testers so flashing multirom with Sailfish OS would be welcome. It is not daily driver yet.

16. mvmsaikrishna Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2015

17. tiagalho Gingerbread Mar 19, 2015

18. mvmsaikrishna Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2015

19. mvmsaikrishna Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2015

20. tiagalho Gingerbread Mar 19, 2015

tiagalho, Mar 19, 2015 :
    If this sets my phone on fire I will say the battery Exploded and it burned my jeans.

Does my phone have to be on cm11 m9?

bataxstar likes this.