3. May be, when it is stable enough.

879 vote(s)
    39.6%
  1. mvmsaikrishna Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2015

mvmsaikrishna, Mar 20, 2015 :
    same here.

2. Sergeylappo Gingerbread Mar 20, 2015

Sergeylappo, Mar 20, 2015 :
    After flashing new multirom has had to wipe davlik and cache. Had crashes of the ui. Try it on cm 12... This may help

3. nathaneous Honeycomb Mar 20, 2015

nathaneous, Mar 20, 2015 :
    Anyone used to use the Nokia N900? This community reminds me of the maemo community in the height of its popularity.

vgrade likes this.
  4. mvmsaikrishna Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2015

MNavy_ likes this.
  5. vgrade Honeycomb Mar 20, 2015

vgrade, Mar 20, 2015 :
    Hey , Thanks for the report

I've talked to the multirom guy and he's asked for some logs if you would not mind,

recovery log, adb pull /tmp/recovery.log (or advanced -> copy log to sd) and "adb pull /tmp/last_updater_script" after installation of sailfish as secondary ROM

6. mvmsaikrishna Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2015

I will do a re-install and will post the logs first thing in the morning tomorrow. It's 2 am here. :)

vgrade and Mecca EL like this.
  7. mvmsaikrishna Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2015

@vgrade and also, I installed sailfish using cm11 and cm12 as base zips with cm12 as primary rom.

With cm11 as base zip, the sailfish os runs successfully but primary rom (cm12) is broken.
    With cm12 as base zip, the sailfish os din't boot up, it is stuck at 1+ logo but primary is NOT broken.

Tomorrow I will post logs.

vgrade and Mecca EL like this.
  8. mikie.hunt Cupcake Mar 20, 2015

mikie.hunt, Mar 20, 2015 :
    @vgrade I'm not having any problem running validus lollipop ROM as primary & sailfish as secondary on multirom. Perhaps it's a cm12 problem.

vgrade likes this.
  9. mauro.minenna Eclair Mar 20, 2015

mauro.minenna, Mar 20, 2015 :
    Sorry... but I did another install later... don't have anymore a meaningful last_updater_script....

10. mauro.minenna Eclair Mar 20, 2015

mauro.minenna, Mar 20, 2015 :
    Exactly the same here.

mvmsaikrishna and vgrade like this.
  11. vgrade Honeycomb Mar 20, 2015

vgrade, Mar 20, 2015 :
    Interesting thanks for the report. It may be useful to have the logs mentioned above from your good install to compare

12. starkDbl07 Eclair Mar 20, 2015

starkDbl07, Mar 20, 2015 :
    Yes, you are right. But, I don't know why but, keeping the usb connected during boot (most probably android debugging also should be kept on, which I usually keep on), successfully boots CM12. And as soon as the USB is disconnected, the ROM crashes. I said 'most probably android debugging should be kept on', because I tried with usb connected to charger, but it was of no help, still boot loops.

For now, I am skimming the adb logcat, if I can find something useful.

13. mikie.hunt Cupcake Mar 20, 2015

mikie.hunt, Mar 20, 2015 :
    @vgrade hope this is the log you want.

Attached Files:

vgrade likes this.
  14. starkDbl07 Eclair Mar 20, 2015

primary - cm12; and secondary - sailfish with base cm11 BOOT success!!!

steps: first install sailfish as secondary, reinstall cm12 as primary, reinstall multirom.
    BOOM!!! cm12 and sailfish both boot successfully.

As per my analysis till now, installing sailfish using multirom overwrites or make changes in the primary ROMs '/system' partition as well corrupting the CM12 ROM. I will post if I find out what changes does it make.

15. unheard Eclair Mar 20, 2015

unheard, Mar 20, 2015 :
    I have cm11 stock as my primary can I install sailfish is as my secondary ROM ?
    Dan any one also make a install video please

vgrade likes this.
  16. starkDbl07 Eclair Mar 20, 2015

So, the culprit is not sailfish, its the cm11 zip. After flashing only the cm11 zip, cm12 boot loops if usb debugging not connected.

I will post if I find out what changes did the cm11 secondary rom flashing made to the running cm12 primary rom.

vgrade likes this.
  17. unheard Eclair Mar 20, 2015

unheard, Mar 20, 2015 :
    I got sent this by Jolla

Hello and thank you for your query.

The official word we have regarding Sailfish on other devices is as follows:

We'll be rolling out downloadable Sailfish in phases to users over the next half year, initially first with Nexus 4 and Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (I9305)* as official adaptations.

) now more likely during the 1st half of 2015; *)subject to change

We are signing up early adaptors through IRC at irc.freenode.net#sailfishos channel - technical experience is required and then later during the next half year it will be downloadable to users directly.

We'll also be providing a SailfishOS porting guide for technically minded community members to make them able to put SailfishOS on devices that are currently able to run official CyanogenMod 10.1; and share that effort with other community members.

Sincerely,

Jolla Ltd.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015

Mecca EL and vgrade like this.
  18. vgrade Honeycomb Mar 21, 2015

vgrade, Mar 21, 2015 :
    A comment on the Oneplus thread on xda suggests that the firmware partition is not duplicated with multirom so it gets hosed by the cm11 install.

Possible?

vgrade

starkDbl07 likes this.
  19. starkDbl07 Eclair Mar 21, 2015

starkDbl07, Mar 21, 2015 :
    Absolutely possible. diff show no difference for snapshots of '/system' before and after installation of cm11 zip.

I will try investigating the firmware partition. Thanks you.

20. t-uzun Honeycomb Mar 21, 2015

t-uzun, Mar 21, 2015 :
    DER JOLLA TEAM,

i loved meego onthe N9 soo much, from the first moment it gave me a experience i never had after. Iam following jolla and sailfish os since day 1 but i was over the time more and more dissappointed because Sailfish felt like a OS only Mer and MeeGO Enthusiasts and Developer can enjoy.
    I really love every aspect on sailfish os but not the Jolla Phone its just not for me.. i like big displays because i often watch movies on it and also because of watching movies i hoped at least for 5inch 720p....
    So i waited for ports for nexus5 and oneplus now but nothing happened for like One and a half years now finally there seems to be going something forward with ports for other devices.I am extremely happy and just so you know i wouldnt have a problem to pay 30-50 for a Very Stable rom for the ONE..
    I hope you can soon gather some money to make your team bigger so that you can ports Sailfish tooo many devices so that even though companies like meizu and Oneplus have their own skinned android but you could still gather many people to sailfish for releasing ports for these phones.