2. No

459 vote(s)
    20.6%
  3. May be, when it is stable enough.

879 vote(s)
    39.5%
  1. mvmsaikrishna Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 20, 2016

mvmsaikrishna, Jan 20, 2016 :
    Sure.. Let us know if it worked for you!

2. mvmsaikrishna Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 20, 2016

mvmsaikrishna, Jan 20, 2016 :
    That's so nice of you.. Thanks!

VeryMilan likes this.
  3. Logan_Adams Gingerbread Jan 20, 2016

Logan_Adams, Jan 20, 2016 :
    One question: Is it normal that downloading apps from the store is not possible (Wifi Connection works).

Greetz

4. baddea14 Gingerbread Jan 20, 2016

baddea14, Jan 20, 2016 :
    i try access to 4G mobile data in image for @vgrade it work fine but it is very slowly to loading web page as example youtube and other web site , i make many testing with ubuntu touch and sailfish the result that i have ubuntu touch faster than sailfish os 2 in 4g mobile data there two something that can sharing it is tweak the mobile data services from @vgrade or waiting for native updates from jolla to fix this bugs .if you check network configuration in mobile data you can see 3g- and -2g only i think these information most be sharing it can helping to tweak and improve next updates for image or release for sailfish os ..

5. jeffhoogland Cupcake Jan 20, 2016

vgrade likes this.
  6. VeryMilan Honeycomb Jan 20, 2016

VeryMilan, Jan 20, 2016 :
    Here you have some Screenshot of the coming Page... still waiting for Feedback from Hex.
    Maybe something optical will change in the future...but the "base" stay so.
    Hope you like it.

[​IMG]

Edit: this is really a base look with this screenshottet part, but if you have any ideas to improve the page, please tell me :)

Edit2: aaw, nice, now the <code> have its colourset :)

Edit3: Hex gave green light

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016

rajaspardeshi, mvmsaikrishna and Hex like this.
  7. Sudheer4188 Eclair Jan 20, 2016

Sudheer4188, Jan 20, 2016 :
    hi...first of all a big thanks to the developer @vgrade for developing this great rom...

installed sailfish release 2

Works great and the ui is smooth and awesome...will use it as my daily driver..changed the governor to conservative..still as smooth as it can be...

@vgrade :: changing in-call volume has no effect...i mean it doesnt increase or decrease the volume...though the slider moves..

*for those who are unable to activate mobile data even after setting apn settings...in the sttings->cellular network->manually set the network to other than your sim network..then it will show error....then select your network from the available networks..this will enable the option to enable mobile data...this worked for me..;)

Edit : changing the network type from 3g to 2g..will also enable option to turn on mobile data..once enabled you can change back to ur preferred network type...

Enjoying Sailfish on my OPO...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016

msri3here and vgrade like this.
  8. sathish D C Gingerbread Jan 20, 2016

9. VeryMilan Honeycomb Jan 20, 2016

VeryMilan, Jan 20, 2016 :
    Well. I had big troube to find a good subdomain.
    Maybe a main domain would be more nice for something like that, but .tk adresses for example doesnt work on all countrys. sadly. Will see.

For now the site is available under the following adress: http://sailfish-for-opo.tchncs.de/

Maybe TLS will follow.
    Note: this page is still under construction an unfinish.
    Please give me feedback to improve this page.
    Regards.

Edit: the main reason, that i published on this state is, that i am away the complete day tomorrow and i wanna bring some result after talking :)

Edit2: well, smooth scrolling and backtotop seems only work propertly on Firefox, sorry, i checked chromium the first time now :(
    Edit3: successfully tested in midori, so its not an general webkit problem. good to know.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016

10. vgrade Honeycomb Jan 20, 2016

vgrade, Jan 20, 2016 :
    Jolla stock apps can be installed (see instructions in thread) but full store (minus alien dalvik, maps, MS exchange and xt9) requires Jolla to update backend servers to allow openplus devices. Its in progress.

vgrade

BTW - You didn't answer my question about what apps you need?

11. vgrade Honeycomb Jan 20, 2016

vgrade, Jan 20, 2016 :
    Thanks it looks great, this is really appreciated and helps me spend time on the port

vgrade

VeryMilan likes this.
  12. vgrade Honeycomb Jan 20, 2016

13. vgrade Honeycomb Jan 20, 2016

vgrade, Jan 20, 2016 :
    Thanks very much for the kind words and bug report on volume control.

bugs like this can be reported at https://bugs.merproject.org/

I can't promise to resolve asap but at least its logged and sometimes we have the same bug on multiple ports.

BR

vgrade

Sudheer4188 likes this.
  14. zjxpot Gingerbread Jan 21, 2016

Hex and vgrade like this.
  15. Logan_Adams Gingerbread Jan 21, 2016

Logan_Adams, Jan 21, 2016 :
    Well I absolutely need for example Whatsapp and Twitter.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016

16. Thangarun15 Cupcake Jan 21, 2016

17. VeryMilan Honeycomb Jan 21, 2016

VeryMilan, Jan 21, 2016 :
    "Note: as every Linux Distribution, you may find other codecs if needed for unfree mediatypes.
    Maybe you want to search after codec-package names for multimedia in the internet.
    The package names for fedora might be helpful!"

»
    I dont have Sailfish yet. Maybe gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg is helping, @Thangarun15

18. vgrade Honeycomb Jan 21, 2016

vgrade, Jan 21, 2016 :
    TweetIan for twitter get from warehouse, not sure about whatsapp, there was a sailfish client at one time.

vgrade

19. jeffhoogland Cupcake Jan 21, 2016

jeffhoogland, Jan 21, 2016 :
    Has anyone been able to get the Youtube and / or Twitch video applications to work? They both play audio for me, but the video itself is blank :-/

Added codecs and FFMpeg packages are the first post suggests for video support.

vgrade likes this.
  20. CBpbxEcmecmBeH Jelly Bean Jan 21, 2016

CBpbxEcmecmBeH, Jan 21, 2016 :
    One more thing, IMHO, you should also look at the development in TMO forum, the best place for 3rd party developers working on SailfishOS