Salute to Speed - Dunnow's experience

1. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 11, 2018

Dunnow, Dec 11, 2018 :
    Hello there and welcome once more to one of my reviews.
    This time I'll be showcasing my experience with McLaren and OnePlus during the Salute to Speed event held in McLaren’s own technology centre.

Sit tight and be sure to come check often for new updates as I'll do my best to keep this up to speed

Monday 10th ~21:00

I arrived to the hotel after 3 days in London. (Yay!) Short after we -the other contest winners and me- were briefed by @dsmonteiro on what times we should be going to the event and other details of our stay. We also got some goodies that you can see here.

[​IMG]

The invitation to the event also serves as VIP badge. As you can see in the pic it is made of a transparent orange plastic with a small white pattern in the under side of it. The clear black lines and the tilt of the text makes it sporty somehow.

As you may know, I already am a user of the Bullet Wireless OnePlus earphones, so, I may give them away this Christmas to someone who might appreciate them as much as I do.

The pins, I have to say... I had not seen them even though I knew they existed.

[​IMG]

So here's a ‘review’ (?): there are three of them, one with a red and silver OnePlus logo, a red and silver NEVER SETTLE sign, and a T logo from the T series. (Ha, gotta love my obvious is obvious review)

I'll come back again tomorrow with more info and insights about the event.

We all know that OnePlus will be launching a McLaren edition of the 6t but I bet (and hope) that McLaren has something to surprise us with…

Update 1:
    Tuesday 11th ~ 7:10am

Good morning everyone!

Just woke up, I'm going to have some breakfast and rush to have everything packed and ready to check out, in about one hour the group is leaving to the event, let's see how it all goes!

Update 2:
    ~ 8:09am

@dsmonteiro is briefing the last guy right now, always a mesmerising process

Update 3:
    ~ 8:59am

The community's group just arrived, the media is coming in as well, this is getting packed!

[​IMG]
    We are just waiting for the last guys to come in.

I hear a ton of different languages, this seems to be a full on media event.

Update 4:
    ~ 9:41am

We are greeted with foodsies!
    The guys from the community contest are so nice too, we got to talk to each other a bit.

The keynote is about to start, we are greeted and instructed in how to proceed.

[​IMG]
    We will be going upstairs.
    This McLaren people know how to do it...
    Just look at this!

[​IMG]

Update 5:

The speech is focused on how McLaren and OnePlus came to be together.

OnePlus is presenting a book... Seems it's not any book though.

[​IMG]

The new OnePlus 6t McLaren edition is within it. Good thing the phone is thin and can fit in!

Presented, btw, by the new McLaren pilots... Imma go talk to one of them later... He be Spanish too :p

Update 6:

WARP CHARGE 30 is being presented.
    A new fast charging tech from OnePlus (38% faster).

[​IMG]
    OnePlus is also confirming the first commercial phone with 10gb of RAM

[​IMG]
    With every device you also get a piece of carbon fiber from a McLaren

Update 7:
    Price is out!

[​IMG]

Update 8:
    ~ 10:30am

We get to do an unboxing!
    Waiting for my turn. I want to keep it T.T

Update 9:
    ~ 11:30 am

I just recorded an unboxing, I quite like the device, it has a subtle carbon fiver pattern in the back, but not all of it, less than it shows in the renders, makes it more tastefully crafted.

The orange line is a bit translucent too.

I actually like it a lot.

Update 10:
    12:46 Tech Centre halls

We are getting a small tour of the centre.
    Just went through a secret tunel, not really open to people or visitors... There's A LOT of f1 cars from all eras

Pictures of allowed areas can be found at later posts of mine, look on recent pages

Update 11:
    ~15:30 from the train

We left the event already, sadly, all cars were pretty secured and couldnt steal one, I'm sorry guys. I know u counted on me...

Update 12:
    17:50 from the airport

I've managed to put together a small video, from Google photos app, took a while to render and upload but here you go guys. A small insight on how the event was.

Update 13:
    19:26 from the plane

Ready to take off, this event has allowed me to spend a few extra vacationv days, completely out of the blue in London UK.

Thanks to OnePlus and everyone who allowed me to participate in the event, had not been for it I wouldn't had the idea of coming to London in the first place.

Update 14:
    18/12/2018

I compiled a new video with a bit more video resolution, still, non stabilized video and all but... That's what happens when your DJI Osmo fails one day before the trip ^^'

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018

2. TheAyushJain Honeycomb Dec 11, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT, agoinfly and Dunnow like this.
  3. Sujknair Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 11, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT, agoinfly and Dunnow like this.
  4. luxuskamel Lollipop Dec 11, 2018

luxuskamel, Dec 11, 2018 :
    Wohooo @Dunnow

Whenever you see a McLaren go and tell the people that you'd like to do a test drive because you are vip

5. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 11, 2018

Dunnow, Dec 11, 2018 :
    Can you imagine it working actually? I want to ride a formula

6. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Dec 11, 2018

7. luxuskamel Lollipop Dec 11, 2018

Haha you can try... They won't kick you out with a vip bage

Or better they can't kick you out when you're the fastest ^^

8. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 11, 2018

Dunnow, Dec 11, 2018 :
    haha, just picture me, driving a stolen f1 with all the formula police following me like a chase in the USA

all the choppers blazing around.

ah, the dream~

9. luxuskamel Lollipop Dec 11, 2018

Just do it. If you don't ask you can't get a no :p

10. Sujknair Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 11, 2018

Sujknair, Dec 11, 2018 :
    All i can say is, you've got good taste in stolen cars. Go for it. :)

11. luxuskamel Lollipop Dec 11, 2018

Wait no please don't do it.. On the end I am the bad guy so if you do it I ask you to write a letter saying that luxuskamel is not influencing your own decision

12. agoinfly Lollipop Dec 11, 2018

agoinfly, Dec 11, 2018 :
    Keep calm and stay focused on
    race queens!
    Post pics ASAP​

13. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 11, 2018

14. YRJ Lollipop Dec 11, 2018

YRJ, Dec 11, 2018 :
    aha! nice pics and thanks for keeping us updated.
    MARKED
    let us know if you see some familiar faces or usernames! [e]1f609[/e]

Ravi BINAVAT, dalmia09 and agoinfly like this.
  15. dalmia09 Jelly Bean Dec 11, 2018

YRJ and agoinfly like this.
  16. luxuskamel Lollipop Dec 11, 2018

17. DARTH 007 KitKat Dec 11, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  18. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Dec 11, 2018

Hydra Bob, Dec 11, 2018 :
    Wait are drawn out car chases a uniquely American phenomenon? I mean it does happen enough to where we have entire television shows about it but still...

But I'm with the camel on this one, if you can tell us about the phone that's great and all but what I really want to hear about is the cars.

Ravi BINAVAT, luxuskamel and agoinfly like this.
  19. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 11, 2018

20. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 11, 2018

Dunnow, Dec 11, 2018 :
    Will see if they divert us to showcase some cars, ill get closeups of details if so, dont worry, illI see what I can do :p