Same system image for both 7T Pro and 7T Pro McLaren?

1. radx
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2019

radx , Nov 5, 2019 :
    Hi,

I don't see the system image for McLaren available on https://www.oneplus.com/se/support/softwareupgrade

I don't see the 6T McLaren firmware available as well. So am I right in assuming they use the same stock image as the regular version of the phone? If that's the case how do they manage to make the McLaren edition unique with the themes and all?

Thanks for any help :)

2. Cosmos_NT
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2019

Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Unfortunately, no none of OnePlus 7T Pro or McL version Stock Roms are available at the moment, the issues is already taken under consideration and they will be available for sure.

Also, don't flash any other version of you're on McL because your system has little different configuration in accent color to some minor changes at system level.

3. radx
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2019

radx , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Are you sure? Because the 6T also came in a McLaren edition and that image is not listed on the support page as well. Which makes me believe, either they never released it and McLaren users are not offered the same service as the regular 6T users or the image file is the same.

4. Cosmos_NT
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2019

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-6t-mclaren-edition-rom.993729/

See the link above, this is what happens when you flash without making sure that you are flashing McL edition ROM.

5. radx
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2019

radx , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Thanks for your reply.

At least he didn't end up with a brick. :)

So if I understand correct once the 7T Pro Stock image is made available it will work with both the regular 7T Pro and the 7T Pro McLaren edition? Do you happen to know how that's possible since the McLaren has the special bootanimations and all that? Is there some kind of software that detects whether or not the 7T Pro is a McLaren edition or not?

6. Cosmos_NT
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2019

No, Unfortunately there is no software to detect that, you will end up loosing your special McL edition items in the process, though it won't effect the performance or anything else but you have purchased the device for the aesthetics too so unless you're fine with going normal it is totally fine for the device.

Though, you should ask for the official 7T Pro McL version of ROM and keep the clean one on hands before you proceed for the normal one, it is what I suggest.

7. radx
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2019

radx , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Thanks for your reply.

I understand. Do you happen to know if the McLaren Rom for 6T was ever released? I want to know because that would indicate whether or not the 7T Pro image will likely be released or not.

Also, I'm wondering what's stopping someone using a 7T Pro from flashing the 7T Pro McLaren image on their device and get all the software aesthetics?

8. Cosmos_NT
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2019

Well I don't know about that 6T McL release but 7T Pro will be released soon.

I don't know of anyone who has ever tried that.

9. radx
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2019

radx , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Just to clarify. You're saying that the 7T Pro and 7T Pro McLaren images will both be made available shortly? Or is it just the 7T Pro variant?

10. Cosmos_NT
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2019

Pro only I'm not aware of McL, that I have to ask and see what comes out of it.

11. radx
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2019

radx , Nov 6, 2019 :
    I don't really know what to make of this but I ended up sending out an e-mail to support (first line) and they claim it's the same image for McLaren edition and the regular edition. So basically if you upgrade to a beta version to try new things out and you wish to go back to stock again all you need to do is just download the 7T Pro image and flash it on your 7T Pro McLaren and it will give you all the stuff from the McLaren edition as well. I guess there's some kind of software magic happening to verify whether or not the device is a McLaren edition and as such enabling all the bells and whistles of the McLaren edition for those users.

Here is the reply in Swedish (feels like support is using google translate or something. Grammar is bad and weird).

12. Cosmos_NT
    Jelly Bean Nov 7, 2019

Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 7, 2019 :
    Well you can always contact customer service center in any case they will understand if this doesn't work out for you.

radx likes this.
  13. vsinha717
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2019

14. Some_Random_Username
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2019

Some_Random_Username , Nov 7, 2019 :
    Hi there, do you have a link by any chance? The only rom files available for 7T Pro as of now are India and EU 10.0.3

15. skyers13
    Froyo Nov 8, 2019

16. Rafadonga
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2019

Rafadonga , Nov 10, 2019 :
    Really? Haven't seen them in the official website. Where did you find them? Can you share the link? Thanks

17. radx
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2019

shwershock likes this.
  18. stavros3006
    Donut Nov 24, 2019

stavros3006 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Nov 24, 2019 :
    I had the 6T McLaren and now upgraded to the 7T McLaren.

I can tell you that for the 6T it was basically the same ROM file, it autodetects your exact device model and if it's a McLaren, it will just flash those extra McLaren goodies on it.

Don't know about a full flash though, I only incrementally upgraded to Android 10 by using the provided OTA zip for the 6T in general and it worked flawlessly.

19. K1573364619452
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2019

K1573364619452 , Nov 26, 2019 :
    I was trying to root my O7T Pro Mclaren last night and I ended up bricking it. Its the India version and has 10.0.4. Does anyone have the OTA/zip installation for this?