Samsung Galaxy Buds+ Calls on OnePlus 7 Pro via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile

1. MangoYoshi , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Mar 19, 2020 :
    Hello, I got the Samung Galaxy Buds+ when they released and have been using them with my OnePlus 7 Pro. However one day the call quality took a huge dive, so I had the buds exchanged. I recently got a brand new pair back, and they still sound bad. I know it's not the earbuds because they didn't sound this bad in the beginning. So I'm wondering if anyone else can help me out with this, it's driving me crazy.

I primarily use WhatsApp to call but even with regular phones calls it sounds bad.

2. cssrc1974
    Jelly Bean Mar 20, 2020

cssrc1974 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 20, 2020 :
    why don't you call samsung for help and also u can try them on another phone to know if it works well. your phone might have a bug if you are running beta. use it on another phone to know if it works well.

3. MangoYoshi , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Mar 20, 2020 :
    Yeah, I wanted to try that. I tried to connect them to an iPhone but for some reason the Buds didnt want to work on there despite being connected.

4. cssrc1974
    Jelly Bean Mar 20, 2020

Eustacio Sealy likes this.
  5. MangoYoshi , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Tried and they weren't really helpful. They blamed the phone but then OnePlus said it was "clearly the earbuds" so that's how I got them exchanged.

Ibrahim marashah likes this.
  6. Ibrahim marashah
    Donut Mar 21, 2020

Ibrahim marashah , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Same thing happened with my galaxy buds plus, fortunately I have 2 pair of galaxy buds and 2 other samsung phones in my home.
    Here are the results of my testing.
    1. My buds+ on my 7T calls sound like s#it, so does Google assistant or anything that uses the mic.
    2. My buds + on the S7edge and s9 plus work perfectly fine with hd quality sound.
    3. My dad's Galaxy buds+ connected to my 7t gives the same s#itty call audio
    4 reinstalled the galaxy wear /buds+ app and reset my buds(both the pairs), with no good results.
    5. Finally I got frustrated and reset my network settings (now i'll have to put all the passwords again 🙄). And guess what, they still sound like s#it on my 7T whilst sounding amazing when making skype calls on my Samsung smart tv.

So in conclusion, there's something wrong with OOS and they need to figure it out soon.

7. MangoYoshi , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Oh wow, thank you so much. Glad I wasn't the only one experiencing this annoying issue. Hopefully it gets resolved soon. Really sucks.

8. Ibrahim marashah
    Donut Mar 21, 2020

Ibrahim marashah , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Btw have you noticed that the Buds don't output their 100% of the sound.
    I watched the same video on my phone at 50% volume while on a Samsung phone 50% was too loud.

9. MangoYoshi , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Mar 22, 2020 :
    No haven't noticed that. That's really strange.

10. Ibrahim marashah
    Donut Mar 22, 2020

Ibrahim marashah , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 22, 2020 :
    Yea, I found the solution, disable absolute volume and increase the sound from the Buds directly using the volume gestures in them..... Then you'll get the full volume..... I guess it's set to 70% as default because Samsung gives you a "too loud" warning after that when on earphones.

Shereen Fouad likes this.
  11. MangoYoshi , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Mar 22, 2020 :
    Thanks, I really got fix that too. At least that fixes one problem.

12. Ibrahim marashah
    Donut Mar 22, 2020

You're welcome.
    But this annoying call problem has made me switch back to the Bullets wireless 2 and I am at a high risk or ripping those wires apart at my job. Thanks to Oneplus, my anxiety of breaking my earphones os is back.

Thanks OnePlus

13. MangoYoshi , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Mar 22, 2020 :
    That's terrible.

Honestly this whole situation has made me want to get a whole different pair of earbuds. Which sucks because these earbuds are ready fantastic. But having earbuds with good call quality is really important to me. Especially when it sounds fine with music but the transition from listening to music into a phone call is so jarring. I don't want to sell these but if it's not fixed soon I just might sell them.

14. Ibrahim marashah
    Donut Mar 22, 2020

I feel you to man..... The transition is soo bad...... If it sounded this bad all the time maybe I wouldn't have noticed but the transition makes it 10x worse.

Also I can't return them even if I wanted to..... Thanks to corona my work hours won't allow me to be at home when the delivery person can come. So I am stuck with these $150 earphones which sound very good in youtube and then goes back to sounding like my nokia 1100 when in a call.

MangoYoshi likes this.
  15. MangoYoshi , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Mar 22, 2020 :
    Personally I just sell my stuff on Mercari. Ship off to anyone who buys it so it's no longer my problem. Might end up swapping these for the Seinheiser Momentum Wireless Buds but I'm not sure yet.

16. Ibrahim marashah
    Donut Mar 23, 2020

17. U1574198902757
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2020

U1574198902757 , Mar 24, 2020 :
    Same issue here.
    Has anyone tested if it is worse on Wifi or mobile internet? Or on VoLTE vs old-style calls. For me the issue strongly varies from day to day and location to location

18. MangoYoshi , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Mar 24, 2020 :
    That is absolutely insane. OnePlus should really fix this issue after hearing that a Nokie phone does better than them.

19. DJRX
    Donut Mar 24, 2020

DJRX , Mar 24, 2020 :
    I'm having the same exact issues. I'm on my 3rd pair, it works well on other phones with the exception of my OnePlus 7 Pro.

20. Ibrahim marashah
    Donut Mar 24, 2020

Ibrahim marashah , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 24, 2020 :

U1574198902757

Same issue here.
    Has anyone tested if it is worse on Wifi or mobile internet? Or on VoLTE vs old-style calls. For me the issue strongly varies from day to day and location to location​

Bro I have tried everything.... Testing and designing is what I do for a living....... And the only factor causing the s#itty sound quality is Oxygenos on the OnePlus 7T . Btw today checked it on my friends' iPhone10 and LG G6. They all sound amazing on calls.

Also chk my previous comment, they also sound much better when calling with a $70 phone!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020

anandkaranayil and DJRX like this.