Samsung Galaxy Note 10 - Is this what you wanted?

?

What do you think of the Note 10 ?

1. I was overexpectant

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Meh!

15 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. I won't buy it, who cares?

18 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. YRJ
    Lollipop Aug 15, 2019

YRJ , Aug 15, 2019 :
    I read that too, on paper the 7Pro looks like a winner but in practicality the Note 10 is a clear winner.

There is no fanboyism going on here, not me atleast. I appreciate tech and innovation be it from anyone.
    With this thread all I wanted to say is that the Note 10 could have been better. There is no comparison with the 7Pro.

Discostu likes this.
  2. Moin2200
    KitKat Aug 15, 2019

malidan likes this.
  3. Moin2200
    KitKat Aug 15, 2019

Moin2200 , Aug 15, 2019 :
    To be fair the 1 hour and 5 minutes reported charging speed with the included charger should still be considered premium.

malidan and YRJ like this.
  4. malidan
    Marshmallow Aug 15, 2019

Starcommander and Moin2200 like this.
  5. sommersy
    KitKat Aug 15, 2019

sommersy , Aug 15, 2019 :
    I think I've already spelled out my feelings on this elsewhere, but for the sake of this thread I'll go into more detail.

Essentially, as a Galaxy Note fan (I still even have my OG N7000), these Notes are not real Notes.

The main reason for that (as you may have guessed) is the fact that they make compromises. This is the 1st year that 2 variants have been released, and Samsung has cheaped out with a 1080p screen in one. The Galaxy Note line is supposed to be an all-out, gonads-to-the-vertical-support productivity-focused flagship. All they would have had to do was leave a qhd screen on the "smaller" version for an ultra-high PPI, and I could have nearly forgiven all if its other obvious deficiencies. (Examples of which include its lack of an sdcard slot, which in a Samsung flagship is just downright improvident; and the air-gesture things, which have been shoehorned into previous devices and just didn't work, to no end of wasted expense.)

Add this:

and it's over, in my mind. I had great hopes for this shade when I saw it in all its renders, but Samsung have succeeded in messing it up. It's too many shades in one. They should have stuck to a reasonable spectrum like Huawei, but as it is it's a mess. I'd pick the red over Aura Glow any day.

All in all, I am in disappoint. It's pretty plain the Galaxy notes have been hamstrung in favour of the Fold this year. That might be understandable - if these decisions hadn't been made before the reviewers started picking those screens apart. :disappointed:

Starcommander, Discostu and YRJ like this.
  6. malidan
    Marshmallow Aug 15, 2019

malidan , Aug 15, 2019 :
    ???
    Fanboyism, please don't try to preempt me, there is nothing wrong in playing the devils advocate.

What paper were you reading? The K20 pro already beat out the OP7 pro with 27W, power and heat management beats out raw power( 5 year old tech )

Super Vooc next up? The boys are most likely begging for OPPO to hand it over as we speak.

The Note 10 could be better? Is there something better?
    The Note will again be the best as each layer is revealed, Samsung don't seem bothered about cheap parlour tricks.
    Year one is build, year 2 is perfect, something OP could take note of. ( no pun intended )
    The chop and change method brings year on year inconsistency, this is not what Samsung, Huawei and Apple hence they are the best.

A high refresh rate does not maketh device, as I said the tech has been I use for 5 years.

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  7. YRJ
    Lollipop Aug 15, 2019

YRJ , Aug 15, 2019 :
    Well said, cannot agree more!

Starcommander and sommersy like this.
  8. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Aug 15, 2019

Discostu , Aug 15, 2019 :
    Oh I agree it's impressive. However it's still cheap on Samsung's part to not include their highest wattage charger when you're spending $1,700AUD. That's just a smack in the face.

YRJ and Starcommander like this.
  9. Moin2200
    KitKat Aug 15, 2019

Moin2200 , Aug 15, 2019 :
    It's a fair criticism.

YRJ likes this.
  10. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Aug 15, 2019

Discostu , Aug 15, 2019 :
    FWIW I appreciate your thread, you took the time to speak to their announcement and pull apart key aspects of it which then sparked constructive conversation.

The thing people forget is, to have a view on something doesn't make it right or wrong, it's simply an opinion. Just because one device has more features than another doesn't mean it's better if the consumer considering it sees no value in said features.

In the end every phone can be better because to someone they will lack a certain feature or the design won't be to their tastes or the cost will be to much and so on...

YRJ likes this.
  11. ZPerri88
    Eclair Aug 17, 2019

ZPerri88 , Aug 17, 2019 :
    Also the standard note 10 does NOT support 45w charging, only the + models, charger sold separately. Batteries are included.

12. YRJ
    Lollipop Aug 17, 2019

YRJ , Aug 17, 2019 :
    Thanks!
    I am here just to express not impress. No doubt, People's opinions differ. but that does not mean that you will come at people who don't agree with yours'

With this thread I wanted to add another perspective to the note 10 and if that sparks discussions the thread has served its purpose :)

Discostu likes this.
  13. OTGTM101
    Eclair Aug 19, 2019

OTGTM101 , Aug 19, 2019 :
    malidan

""It never ceases to amaze me how OP owners always seem to make less, the same as.
    Screen will be better on the Note
    Charging is better
    Cooling is better.
    Camera's are better.
    Storage is better.
    Bluetooth better
    Water resistance better
    Wireless charging better
    Speakers better
    And the list of specs and feature will go on and on and on.
    I can get the Note 10+ 5G for OP money today.""
    View attachment 1099294

i will soon own that as well to add to my collection of notes, you like what u like, i like what i like, i think the oneplus 7 pro ROCKS! and since u can get the note now, go ahead then, the oneplus 7 pro still ROCKS! p.s. the price listed for the note10+5g btw is almost double what i paid for this oneplus 7 pro,

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019

Discostu likes this.
  14. OTGTM101
    Eclair Aug 19, 2019

OTGTM101 , Aug 19, 2019 :
    good point, two totally different devices, highlighting their various features, i like samsung also, it is all in personal taste and preference,,,, i am a gadget fanboy, i cant wait to play with the note10, but i do love this popup cam and having it concealed wen needed, and to hav internal access to features samsung does not like being tampered with/users having manual access to,

15. K1ngP1n
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 19, 2019

K1ngP1n , Aug 19, 2019 :
    I'm still wondering why this thread not get Pinned yet in tech section :p:p

ilovesoneplus and malidan like this.
  16. malidan
    Marshmallow Aug 19, 2019

malidan , Aug 19, 2019 :
    I didnt mention anything about liking I mentioned hardware..:rolleyes:

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  17. OTGTM101
    Eclair Aug 20, 2019

OTGTM101 , Aug 20, 2019 :
    malidan, right, that was my point, those gloating over hardware specs vs. 1+ owners who are satisfied with what they have, because they like 1+ regardless of the hardware some are gloating over,

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019

18. OTGTM101
    Eclair Aug 20, 2019

OTGTM101 , Aug 20, 2019 :
    my mother drives a tiny little Honda Civic, I can point to trucks all day long and tell her all about their fantastic drive train, she never cares, she likes(obviously chooses) her car, though there's a truck that can do it all in one trip, yet her and that dang Honda.. the truck has four wheel drive, it will go anywhere in the snow, yet there she is in her Honda with her flip phone and I on my fantastic 1+ 7pro,,, taken great pics of her and her Honda and her with her crappy flip phone she loves,

Discostu likes this.
  19. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Aug 20, 2019

Discostu , Aug 20, 2019 :
    Perfect analogy. One lost on some people who believe specs / features are the be all, end all and make a device better.

There is little value in a plethora of features if the end user neither needs nor wants them.

OTGTM101 likes this.
  20. Cuddlesnake
    Eclair Aug 20, 2019

aenews and Discostu like this.