Samsung Galaxy Note 10 - Is this what you wanted?

?

What do you think of the Note 10 ?

1. I was overexpectant

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Meh!

15 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. I won't buy it, who cares?

18 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. malidan
    Marshmallow Aug 24, 2019

malidan , Aug 24, 2019 :
    Not an amazing phone Mr Mobile said here.:rolleyes:

He mentioned the price too and SETTLING.:rolleyes:

YRJ and ilovesoneplus like this.
  2. malidan
    Marshmallow Aug 24, 2019

malidan , Aug 24, 2019 :
    Here you can borrow my Gif
    20.gif
    I cant wait to see it with the 45 watt charger.

ilovesoneplus, OTGTM101 and G_plusone like this.
  3. OTGTM101
    Eclair Aug 24, 2019

OTGTM101 , Aug 24, 2019 :
    thank u, same,,,

YRJ and Discostu like this.
  4. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Aug 24, 2019

Discostu , Aug 24, 2019 :
    Seems like having an opinion that is not aligned with someone else's is cause for hysteria as usual.

The simple fact is this: the Note 10 is a good phone, it's just not great. It is overpriced and oversimplified as you have shown with the removal of the headphone jack and SD card from the "budget" note. The note lineup was always the phone that offered you EVERYTHING under the sun. And to borrow a phrase, they have Settled.

Does that make it bad? No. Does it mean it's not for everyone? Yes.

I'll never understand the need to throw tantrums and name call simply because someone disagrees or holds another view. It's a petty way to respond.

However as always, I thank you for making a nice thread with balanced and informed opinions. Just a shame it degenerated into the usual madness. :)

YRJ and OTGTM101 like this.
  5. malidan
    Marshmallow Aug 25, 2019

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  6. malidan
    Marshmallow Aug 25, 2019

7. malidan
    Marshmallow Aug 25, 2019

malidan , Aug 25, 2019 :
    People should learn to shop around rather than quote RRP.
    No opinions are required just hard facts.

5G model Screenshot_20190809-211025_Samsung Internet.jpg
    With the OP7 pro with lesser specs and quality costing this
    20190825_102515.jpg
    I wonder how much the 5G would set one back.;)

8. malidan
    Marshmallow Aug 25, 2019

malidan , Aug 25, 2019 :
    WOW!!!! The Note 10+ just completed Speed test G 10 SECONDS faster than the OP7 Pro.:)

Oh yeah the LG G8 beat the OP7 Pro too.

Any opinions?

TheSpoken and ilovesoneplus like this.
  9. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Aug 25, 2019

Discostu , Aug 25, 2019 :
    Cheapest note 10 "baby" or otherwise known as the poor cousin - can't be bought from any reputable store that offers a local warranty for less than $1,499 AUD.

OnePlus 7 Pro - 8gb Nebula blue, $1,081.

Is there $418 worth of "upgrades" in the poor cousin note 10? Not for my money there isn't.

YRJ likes this.
  10. TheSpoken
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 25, 2019

TheSpoken , Aug 25, 2019 :
    Love the excuses, the "but it's cheaper in this country" argument is the most pathetic one.

You can't remotely compare the 2 anyways, the note being a bigger, better phone with much better specs.

There are much other devices that you can get which are much cheaper and better than the OP7 pro.

ilovesoneplus and malidan like this.
  11. malidan
    Marshmallow Aug 25, 2019

malidan , Aug 25, 2019 :
    :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: ain't that the truth.;)

12. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Aug 25, 2019

Discostu , Aug 25, 2019 :

TheSpoken

Love the excuses, the "but it's cheaper in this country" argument is the most pathetic one.

You can't remotely compare the 2 anyways, the note being a bigger, better phone with much better specs.

There are much other devices that you can get which are much cheaper and better than the OP7 pro.​

I agree, the "cheaper in my country" excuse means bugger all to someone who has to pay the prices their local market dictates.

In the end as everyone has pointed out - a better phone is subjective. The note 10 has its audience that it appeals to who will buy it and love it. Does that make it the best phone? No. Does it make it the best phone if someone loves it and values all of its features - absolutely.

YRJ likes this.
  13. malidan
    Marshmallow Aug 25, 2019

Loveit and ilovesoneplus like this.
  14. dcmcc24
    KitKat Aug 25, 2019

dcmcc24 , Aug 25, 2019 :
    Have my Note 10+ coming this week. I still love OnePlus phones, but I switch around to a few phones throughout the year. Here's a code to save 10% if you are also thinking of buying one from samsung.com : ref-qdszn2

You just enter it at checkout under promotion codes. I used multiple discounts to purchase such as work discount and this discount code, plus I did a trade in so price isn't that bad;)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019

YRJ likes this.
  15. Matt 80
    Lollipop Aug 25, 2019

YRJ, ilovesoneplus and malidan like this.
  16. YRJ
    Lollipop Aug 25, 2019

YRJ , Aug 25, 2019 :
    I'm not the one who would name call someone just because there exists a difference in opinions, buy hey you have to (sometimes) take the wrong road to get the point across. As much as you hate to do it, that's the only thing that works.

I created this thread just to write about my opinions on the Note series, but people presume that I am portraying it as inferior. No, totally not doing that.
    I said it, I say it again, the note 10+ is an amazing phone. Period.

But as the guys from android authority very succinctly pointed out - Samsung didn't try hard on this one. The focused more on the aesthetics than on the phone's features itself. The reason why it comes out as underwhelming.

I live it when companies compete to put forth the best, but when they don't put all the effort they could it is sad.
    The Note series might actually have gone from an uncompromising to a slightly compromising state, don't blame them completely for that. If all went well an uncompromised ultra premium fold would have been in users hands today and that would make sense for the Note series to be underwhelming.

To conclude, from the looks of it Samsung never planned to make a complete, uncompromised phone afrerall.

Discostu likes this.
  17. malidan
    Marshmallow Aug 26, 2019

malidan , Aug 26, 2019 :
    That's the word out there.

ilovesoneplus and Matt 80 like this.
  18. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Aug 26, 2019

Discostu , Aug 26, 2019 :
    Amen friend!

YRJ likes this.
  19. malidan
    Marshmallow Aug 26, 2019

malidan , Aug 26, 2019 :
    And there was me thinking you would reply to your OPINlON that the Note 10+ didn't have an SD Slot.
    Or the 3.5mm jack has gone from a device that is actually smaller than its predecessor.
    But alas no just more fansheep bleating in the face of a good hiding.:rolleyes:

20. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Aug 26, 2019

Discostu , Aug 26, 2019 :
    One thing I have noted (pun intended) with all of the reviews so far for the Note 10+ is that the reviewers seem to have all been sent the 12gb version.

You may ask why I point this out.

Well, when the 7 Pro was released I read plenty of complaints from people on these forums that OnePlus were being "unfair" in sending reviewers devices with the top level specs. However it seems Samsung have done the same here... I wonder if those same people will raise this as being an "unfair" practice or if it will just be ignored out of convenience?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019

YRJ likes this.