Samsung Galaxy Note 10 - Is this what you wanted?

?

What do you think of the Note 10 ?

1. I was overexpectant

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Meh!

15 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. I won't buy it, who cares?

18 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 17, 2019

elanglois , Sep 17, 2019 :
    I still have and use my 3T. It feels like it flickers compared to my 7 pro. I get the same flicker if I drop the 7 pro to 60Hz.

Noticeable

YRJ and Discostu like this.
  2. malidan
    Marshmallow Sep 19, 2019

malidan , Sep 19, 2019 :
    The human eye can not see the difference between 60 and 90hz, so what you are seeing is your OP's dropping frames. Just like mentioned earlier and just like the Youtubers said in the speedtest and refreshrate test.:rolleyes:

3. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Sep 19, 2019

Discostu , Sep 19, 2019 :
    Despite what others say - we can detect refresh rates higher than 60hz. And in fact the easiest way to demonstrate it is to play a game a 30, then 60, then 90, then 120 and note the differences.

The eye itself is only a small part of our visual makeup and the way information is received is not uniform across our eyes. This is to say nothing of different people having different sensitivities.

However what everyone ignores is that the brain really sees this information, it is taking what our eyes see - processes it - and gives us our view, it is a complex process and frankly not something I could ever hope to understand. It is also worth pointing out that fast moving objects or fast motion in operating systems and games are helped by higher refresh rates, it further smooths their motion.

I find it laughable that people are saying the 120hz refresh rate of gaming phones make them better than the 7Pro because of their refresh rate // then claim that our eyes can't detect higher than 60. Hypocritical much?

I'll end by how I began - play a game at 30 -> 60 -> 90 -> 120 and you will notice the difference in smoothness and fluidity and that cannot be argued with.

YRJ likes this.
  4. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 20, 2019

elanglois , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Thats a total lie.

Youtubers are not a source of reliable info.

I've been setting monitors to high refresh rates since they got off NTSC standards. I'm very sensitive to flicker. Hell, what about LGs TV with the 120Hz refresh rate? The demo they show on the TV is actual 120Hz content (likely the ONLY 120Hz, which they don't tell you, but it is) and there is a huge difference.

You can't play that demo on a 60Hz TV and get the same effect. This is just like the "its not a true 3x zoom", which everyone recanted. Or "it doesn't use the zoom lense" which you swore was true ... totally untrue.

Every phone in the world drops frames and can't display a UI at 60Hz? So why does Oneplus Pro look like every other phone when in 60Hz mode, but smoother than every other phone (except maybe the ROG) in 90Hz? You are full of shit. Get off Youtube.

5. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 20, 2019

elanglois , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Yeah, thanks for that. I already know
    Although a quick note. Many games are not compatible with higher refresh rates or purposely cap the refresh rate at a lower value. These games won't see a difference although there is a hack (using adb) where some of these games which don't have a hard limit can be made to run at the higher rate (forcing 90Hz for games that don't know they'll work).
    Also, most browsers aren't aware of high refresh rates or how to switch them. Since browsers can show video, most are locked to 60Hz (unless you force 90).
    Most media won't benefit at all from a higher refresh rate since the FPS it was recorded in is the max smoothness you can get. In fact, a video recorded at 60fps and played at 90Hz would end up with a weird 1-2-1-2 frame doubling pattern which would make the video seem choppier. This is one of the reasons the phone automatically drops down to 60Hz by default for all media.
    Once media players and games catch up and realize that 90Hz is available we won't have to drop down to 60Hz so often, although without 90Hz content there is no benefit to running the screen at 90!
    So, many gamers and people that watch videos all the time (or Facebook, etc, since the app includes videos in the timeline, the whole app will run at 60Hz) won't see as much difference in regular use.

6. malidan
    Marshmallow Sep 22, 2019

malidan , Sep 22, 2019 :
    Can ordinary people appreciate the extraordinary display on the OnePlus 7 Pro?
    To us, the answer seems obvious. Anyone here at the office can clearly see that the OnePlus 7 Prolooks smoother at 90Hz. With normal people, however, things are quite different.
    Several days ago, I took the OnePlus 6T (60Hz) and the OnePlus 7 Pro (set to 90Hz), then I showed the two phones side by side to 10 people outside of the PhoneArena office. After confirming that none of them were familiar with the 7 Pro, I asked them a simple question: "Do these two screens look different?" I let them play with the two for at least a few minutes while taking down notes on their reactions.
    The answers to my question were mostly comments on qualities like contrast, colors, resolution, and sharpness. Surprisingly...

Nobody saw the difference with a 60 and 90 in hand.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

ilovesoneplus likes this.