Samsung S10 Lite v OnePlus 8 - I need a flat screen!

1. Edward_
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 25, 2020

Edward_ , Feb 25, 2020 :
    Hi all

I've got a 6T that needs replacing because it's getting a bit scruffy and the battery doesn't last the day.

I've recently taken delivery of a Galaxy S10 lite, which on paper is equivalent to the OP7, but with a bigger screen, better battery and punch hole instead of a notch. The always on display is very handy too.

BUT I really don't like Samsung's UI. Compared to Oxygen OS it's just so clunky. Gestures are poor compared, the face unlock is slow (or just fails) and swipe typing comes up with all sorts of nonsense.

So it will probably go back, but what's the thoughts on whether the OP8 have a flat screen? I watch a ton of TV on my commute and simply cannot abide the distortion of the 7 pro, let alone the extortionate cost.

2. Murman
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2020

3. domestoboto
    Froyo Feb 27, 2020

domestoboto , Feb 27, 2020 :
    Isn't the default OnePlus keyboard literally GBOARD (which you can download and install on the S10 Lite and have far better word prediction)?

And people will argue that the stock Android 10 gestures (which are now implemented on the OP phones since the most recent OxygenOS updates) are just as bad and clumsy, and that the Samsung gestures are better, it's a matter of personal preference.

There's still no substitute to fingerprint or pin/password for security. Notice how you can't use Face Unlock to restrict access to LastPass or other apps (unlike Pixel 4 and iPhone which has all sorts of special sensors).

4. Edward_
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 27, 2020

Edward_ , Feb 27, 2020 :
    I did that today, thanks!