Samsung vs Oneplus

1. Sura2015
    Donut May 15, 2019

Sura2015 , May 15, 2019 :
    Hi, Can someone suggest me what are the advantages of oneplus 7 pro with the main competitor Samsung S10/10+ , when the price is nearly same.

2. Discostu
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2019

Discostu , May 15, 2019 :
    It comes down to personal preferences and what you value in a smartphone, price is a factor of course but in some locations the S10 series is more expensive than the 7Pro which diminishes any perceived lead one device has over another.

Everyone will have an opinion that is different and will argue the merits of one over the other, but generally it is coming from a place of personal preference more-so than much else. Only you can do a comparison of the devices you are interested in and make a decision on which you feel is inline with what you need and want, we can't do that for you.

David Y. likes this.
  3. DARTH 007
    KitKat May 15, 2019

geo07 likes this.
  4. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2019

ilovesoneplus , May 15, 2019 :
    S10+ has better camera,battery life,wireless charging,can also wirelessly charge other phones,ip68,aod & expandle storage,Op7 pro lacks 2 many features 2 compete with the big boys..

John j and malidan like this.
  5. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat May 15, 2019

iNtEnSePL , May 15, 2019 :
    Try disabling these 90Hz and checking again, for starters

6. DARTH 007
    KitKat May 15, 2019

DARTH 007 , May 15, 2019 :
    another point.
    while OnePlus is boasting of 90 Hz, the games cant be played at that refresh rate.
    and fanatic has gone on stage and said that this is the perfect gaming device.
    so what are you paying the big bucks for??
    OnePlus has instructed moderator camohan to close all my negative threads and issue me warning so that he can ban me as fast as possible.
    because telling the truth is actually negative publicity.

another secret I will give out.
    the beautiful pics that OnePlus is showing on their website and saying that it's from the op7 pro camera, is actually shot by DSLR ..
    Hehe,,I also know people...

7. Liehjan
    Lollipop May 15, 2019

Liehjan , May 15, 2019 :
    You could have tagged @camohan the right way to begin with ;)
    What comes to the 90hz refresh rate is, games don't need to be run at 90fps to see a difference... Let the game developers unlock the frame rates in games like PUBG and you can see he difference with 60+fps even if it's not 90.

8. DARTH 007
    KitKat May 15, 2019

DARTH 007 , May 15, 2019 :
    Asus Rog can play at 90fps.
    being a fanboy is ok.
    better not be a blind Fanboy.

malidan and ilovesoneplus like this.
  9. Liehjan
    Lollipop May 15, 2019

Liehjan , May 15, 2019 :
    If asus rog phone can play games at 90fps, then the same games should work on the 7pro also.. Or have asus made a deal with some developers to only allow that on their phones?

Actually, I'm not a fan boy.. but I don't have the time to argue with you about that. There are a lot of fanboys here on the forum, but those mostly support Mi and Samsung phones like Sir Gregor protects the Queen :p

Budruel and otto2 like this.
  10. DARTH 007
    KitKat May 15, 2019

11. guanyu210379
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2019

guanyu210379 , May 15, 2019 :
    1+7 pro 12/256GB:
    - €829
    - no headphone jack
    - no wireless charging
    - no MicroSD slot
    - available only online
    - no IP certification
    - clean OS package
    - root access does not void warranty

Samsung S10 8/128GB:
    - €899
    - with headphone jack
    - with wireless charging
    - with MicroSD slot
    - you can get it on local stores
    - with IP certification
    - OS package with mountains of bloatwares
    - root access voids warranty
    - slightly better customer support

The rest of the differences are not important for me, at least for now.

fd3s02 and Stokoznanie like this.
  12. Panos1988
    Gingerbread May 15, 2019

Panos1988 , May 15, 2019 :
    Whats the point of having such a cool,eye candy feature if you don't use it then?This new screen and the refresh rate have been the main selling point of the new device.It shouldn't matter so much battery wise otherwise a bigger battery would be needed or better customization.

13. Liehjan
    Lollipop May 15, 2019

DARTH 007 likes this.
  14. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat May 15, 2019

1. You didn't provide source of the article in the other thread, which was the main reason for closing the thread I believe
    2. FNATIC has a sponsorship / marketing deal with OnePlus, that's why they advertise OnePlus products in a way OnePlus expect them - that's how advertising looks like

proofs or didn't happen - it's that simple

I see you are upset (I don't know why, did you spend money for 7pro? no?), I think you should go Zen mode for 20 minutes ;)

We are yet to get a confirmation of Mr. Phone stated from other reviewers, and then get a reasoning from OnePlus why (if!) there is a cap. It may be due to OnePlus not having tested apps for compatibility with 90Hz screen, thus locking them to 60fps for their own good till they can test one by one.

SJBoss and Liehjan like this.
  15. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 15, 2019

toastytoast1234 , May 15, 2019 :
    But somehow you're still here.

We should compare bans some time.

B_Wrath, Budruel and dsmonteiro like this.
  16. C1557860418510
    Eclair May 15, 2019

C1557860418510 , May 15, 2019 :
    I have always gone back to the Oneplus handsets.

It's not due to price but it's due to usability. I find the Oneplus handsets are fluid and smooth. Good quality build.

I had the latest handsets from Apple/Samsung/Huawei but to me Oneplus will always be my handsets of choice.

I don't miss the wireless charging, sdcard slots, IP cert and camera to me (not a pro photographer) is fine :) and the headphone jack (I have been using wireless 5 years ago)

And now with a QHD+ 90hz hdr10+ and no notch on the PRO, that's what I needed for a near perfect Oneplus handset or any handset for that matter (was always wanting a QHD+ screen on a OP)

Last edited: May 15, 2019

Shery4life likes this.
  17. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat May 15, 2019

It matters, that's why battery got bigger. 90Hz higher PPI screen needs more juice ant there's no point in arguing. If you value more battery life over display/experience quality, go for some 60Hz phone where you don't have 90Hz option at all. If you want 90Hz, deal with bigger power consumption (shorter battery life or... thicker phone).

Liehjan likes this.
  18. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2019

ilovesoneplus , May 15, 2019 :
    Why have it if you're going 2 disable it?may as well knock the s10+ resolution down :rolleyes:

malidan likes this.
  19. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat May 15, 2019

That's why I say it's just stupid to say that some device's battery life is worse and not acknowledging what one gets in return. Compare experiences, not just numbers... And as far as reviewers say - almost every one of them is willingly giving up the battery time in favor of great viewing experience 90Hz screen gives. It's just a matter of personal preferences.

20. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member May 15, 2019

David Y. , May 15, 2019 :
    Well said!

iNtEnSePL, otto2 and Discostu like this.