Samsung vs Oneplus

1. Discostu Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2019

Discostu, May 15, 2019 :
    What?

2. malidan Marshmallow May 15, 2019

malidan, May 15, 2019 :
    Could not be bothered you answer op with a load of nonsense.
    He must be scratching his head.:rolleyes:

Last edited: May 15, 2019

3. Discostu Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2019

Discostu, May 15, 2019 :
    There is no need to attack people @malidan . If you don't like the reply you can ignore it. The op asked for opinions and I have given mine, you are welcome to have your own however as I have said - there is no need to attack others and call it nonsense if you disagree.

4. G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV Froyo May 15, 2019

G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV, May 15, 2019 :
    In my experience, when one is contemplating making what can best be described as a major purchase of a device that likely figures prominently in their day to day life, conducting some research beforehand seems in order. I have read some rather good comparison reviews here on this thread, but at the end of the equation, this is your money and whatever decision you make, ensure that you have all of your questions answered and that the handset you choose meets YOUR needs.

Read some of the comparison reviews that are already being conducted at various websites and on Youtube. It's always wise to get different perspectives, especially ones that are as objective as possible.

I don't care much about waterproofing, or wireless charging while you on the other hand, may believe that these are "must haves". The actual buying decision is usually subjective.

Make the process work for you.

Good luck.

5. malidan Marshmallow May 15, 2019

malidan, May 15, 2019 :
    Where is the attack?
    And why so you reply and tag in the same post?:tearsofjoy:

You deffo that Offline7 he did exactly the same thing.
    Reply and tag in the same post.:tearsofjoy: that is for a dramatic effect yes!
    Wonders will never cease :rolleyes:

The OP asked a question and you played the politician for what reasons unknown you must be bucking for one of those thread starting experts thingys.:rolleyes:

Loveit likes this.
  6. Discostu Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2019

Discostu, May 15, 2019 :
    The OP asked a question and I gave a balanced view that the purchase of a phone is a personal one that needs to be weighed up against their specific needs & wants from a device, no one can answer that question for them because we don't know what they want or need from a phone. How can we, or anyone, answer a question for someone else when it is such a personal thing?

The fact that you said it was "a load of nonsense" is an attack @malidan . You had the choice to ignore it and provide your opinion but you decided not to.

iNtEnSePL likes this.
  7. malidan Marshmallow May 15, 2019

malidan, May 15, 2019 :
    I did ignore you post, it was the forum cache that stored 4 words that I has removed from the window.:tearsofjoy:
    Replying and tagging again in the same post :tearsofjoy:.
    Some people just love to fake movies :rolleyes:

I'm off I can't be doing with talk nonsence with you.:rolleyes:
    And I don't want you tagging MODS to close someone elses thread.
    That's a very bad habit that you have there, considering someone else spent the time to post thread.:rolleyes:

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 8:56 AM

8. Discostu Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2019

9. Loveit Jelly Bean May 16, 2019 at 12:25 AM

Loveit, May 16, 2019 at 12:25 AM :
    OMG lol. I never thought of it before but I think it might well be offline7. Reading through again after revelation I feel a bit stupid.

maxresdefault.jpg

malidan likes this.
  10. Loveit Jelly Bean May 16, 2019 at 12:27 AM

11. Discostu Ice Cream Sandwich May 16, 2019 at 12:31 AM

Discostu, May 16, 2019 at 12:31 AM :
    Why on earth would I or anyone have another account and post using both?

My lord, the people on this forum really know how to drive people away.

iNtEnSePL likes this.
  12. Loveit Jelly Bean May 16, 2019 at 12:42 AM

Loveit, May 16, 2019 at 12:42 AM :
    Give it up bro. Going to bed now so maybe set up a 3rd account and have another go.

13. Discostu Ice Cream Sandwich May 16, 2019 at 12:48 AM

Discostu, May 16, 2019 at 12:48 AM :
    Why would I go to bed? It's 9:50am.

Why are you being so rude and bullying towards me?

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 12:56 AM

14. guanyu210379 Jelly Bean May 16, 2019 at 7:08 AM

guanyu210379, May 16, 2019 at 7:08 AM :
    Most smartphone price drops usually with certain rate until certain level has been reached, while 1+ prices do not drop at all or not with the same speed (slower) so far, unless a new phone from 1+ joined the fight.
    After several weeks, S10, S10+, P30pro, Axon 10 pro, Mi9, Mate20X, etc. will be a lot more interesing.

15. J1542606030006 Froyo May 16, 2019 at 8:09 AM

J1542606030006, May 16, 2019 at 8:09 AM :
    In my opinion, the differences between Samsung and OnePlus comes down to price. I have a Note 9 and a 6T. I cannot tell the difference in speed and performance, both have nice screens, both OS works great with each offering different perks, and etc. The only big difference I can spot is the camera, as the Note 9 performs better, but that doesn't mean the 6T's camera is bad. I bet it is the same theme all over again with the S10 and 7Pro.

If you are really picky with camera quality, or you have concern about the pop up camera, then I'd go the S10e route. Same holds true if you must have IP certification, wireless charging, and headphone jack. Otherwise, the 7 Pro, for it pretty much goes toe to toe, if not better in some aspects, with Samsung. And the price cannot be beat.

16. malidan Marshmallow May 16, 2019 at 8:59 AM

malidan, May 16, 2019 at 8:59 AM :
    That offline 7 has multiple accounts and he was even talking to himself in threads and that's not me saying it, someone else brought it to my attention.
    Once I looked in to what was pointed out it was very obvious.

Loveit likes this.
  17. Shocky Honeycomb May 16, 2019 at 9:14 AM

Shocky, May 16, 2019 at 9:14 AM :
    Watched a few more camera comparisons and it's just more of the same, not impressed.

Wide angle camera is poor quality and not as wide as any of the competition, 3x optical zoom works out similar top Samsung's 2x due to the lack of detail when zoomed in, the lack of consistency between the three cameras is a huge turn-off as well.

Samsung hasn't made any significate changes to the primary camera since the Galaxy S8 and OnePlus are still behind, I know it's mostly software differences these days so why don't they hire better people?

Here's a thought, spend the money on a software team to improve the camera software rather than features we don't need, 90hz sounds great but not when the battery life suffers, that in screen-finger print scanner probably wasn't worth it either, or the bezel-less display.

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 9:21 AM

18. kenny33 Honeycomb May 16, 2019 at 9:52 AM

kenny33, May 16, 2019 at 9:52 AM :
    One difference for me forgot in this theard is for after sale :

Oneplus : direct samsung : subcontractor depending on region (bad in france)
    Price for damged screen about 100 at oneplus (based on previous model don't know for the 7pro) when samsung is about twice.
    Oneplus expriences 7 day repair postal delay inclued and payed by oneplus, samsung expreicenced a 3 weeks with sending at my expenses.

One plus 3 (14/06/2016) : Software up to date on Android Pie (open beta)
    samsung S7 (11/03/2016) : Discontinued at oreo (but some rumor on per haps in a few months)

Premium phone needs premium services.

After testing aftersales at HTC, Sony, Samsung, Oneplus in France I trust Oneplus and Sony. But never buy again Samsung or HTC.

It can vary from location to location but oneplus seem to have the same level everywhere.

19. Loveit Jelly Bean May 16, 2019 at 10:11 AM

20. oneplusonedollarbillyall Jelly Bean May 16, 2019 at 1:04 PM

oneplusonedollarbillyall, May 16, 2019 at 1:04 PM :
    the ip68 cert and wireless charge other devices are not advantages..

if you want a device covered from water damage you still have to buy an additional warranty and using the reverse wireless charge feature will drain your battery too fast.