gusuraman , Nov 2, 2014 :
    You can see the video by @K.P. Smith.
    He moved the buttons and NFC from the original to the white cover

K.P. Smith and Radeon962 like this.
  3. Radeon962
    KitKat Nov 2, 2014

Radeon962 , Nov 2, 2014 :
    Thanks, I sent KP a message.

Do you have a link to the video you referenced?

K.P. Smith likes this.
  4. K.P. Smith
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 2, 2014

K.P. Smith , Nov 2, 2014 :
    Hello! I did in fact move the buttons and the NFC antenna and yes, it's all in video. I'm on my phone so posting links isn't easy but ...
    1) my signature (below) has a link to my YouTube channel.
    2) once on my channel I have a part 1 and part 2 video for removing the back
    - part 1 covers proper way to remove the back and swap buttons.
    - part 2 covers proper way to swap the NFC antenna.

Hope that helps!!

moritzbm, cmartinaa, deejay01 and 3 others like this.
  5. Radeon962
    KitKat Nov 2, 2014

Actually I just Googled you and found the video.

Nice work. I subscribed to your channel.

Thanks.

deejay01, gusuraman and K.P. Smith like this.
  6. K.P. Smith
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 2, 2014

K.P. Smith , Nov 2, 2014 :
    Alright! Rock on. Good luck with the swap and just watch the videos when you need a guide. The buttons are the easy part!

Radeon962 and gusuraman like this.
  7. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 2, 2014

gusuraman , Nov 2, 2014 :
    Aren't you supposed to be on honeymoon;)

K.P. Smith likes this.
  8. Radeon962
    KitKat Nov 2, 2014

Took all of about 60 seconds to swap the buttons. I'm not sure it would be advisable to switch them frequently as they do not appear to be built for that.

Hopefully I only have to do it one more time with a bamboo back as that is really what I want.

The white silk really is smooth but looks really good on the phone.

K.P. Smith likes this.
  9. K.P. Smith
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 3, 2014

K.P. Smith , Nov 3, 2014 :
    Honeymoon is over and tomorrow is back to real life :mad: my wife says she was getting bored and is ready to go back to work ... I say she's nuts and if I could retire tomorrow I would!

gusuraman likes this.
  10. dwaynelson
    KitKat Nov 3, 2014

11. Sahil
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2014

Sahil , Nov 3, 2014 :
    Just an update, I mentioned about a day ago that the side of my sandstone back is chipped and that it happened by itself (it was not dropped or damaged in any way). It seemed ridiculous that that would happen like and even I was questioning myself. But today I saw another chip in it. It hasn't yet chipped really but i can see the outline of the crack and i know its going to chip just like the other two chips. It definitely wasn't there yesterday and I have been really careful with the phone since I noticed the chips so it has to be a defect.

Also its weird but the chips are all the same shape (semi-circular) and all relatively the same size and on the same side. I can't explain that myself but i'm going to let oneplus know anyway because the way its going, that whole side will be chipped by the end of the week!

12. mariosillegitimatebrother
    Donut Nov 3, 2014

mariosillegitimatebrother , Nov 3, 2014 :
    Hi when you say cracked?
    Is it like split down the middle or side, or just something not aesthetically pleasing.
    Did it happen easily, and how did you sort it?

13. bondabcd985
    Eclair Nov 3, 2014

bondabcd985 , Nov 3, 2014 :
    I am unable to create a new thread. It keeps saying "A Server error occurred. Please try again later". I am not sure if it is the content. Any suggestions?

14. Sahil
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2014

Sahil , Nov 3, 2014 :
    Im not sure if you were replying to me or not but when I say cracked, I mean that I can the see the outline of a semi-circle on the side of the phone just below the power button. It is the same shape as the other two chips and I know eventually that little semi-circle will just fall out and I'll have another chip in it. I haven't sorted it out yet, but I submitted a ticket this morning (before i noticed the new crack) and hopefully I'll get it sorted in about a week or so.

I put up a picture there if you want to take a look and see what I mean. I sent the same one to oneplus as well. I know its crap quality but it gives you an idea of what I mean

Attached Files:

15. mariosillegitimatebrother
    Donut Nov 3, 2014

mariosillegitimatebrother , Nov 3, 2014 :
    I can just abou
    I can just about see what your talking about, was it a bad drop??
    Hopefully you get it sorted easily, let me know the progress

16. cmartinaa
    Honeycomb Nov 3, 2014

cmartinaa , Nov 3, 2014 :
    I have a tiny one just like those on the bottom bezel next to the left speaker. It looks like the sandstone material is wearing away to just black plastic.

17. Sahil
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2014

Sahil , Nov 3, 2014 :
    No man I didn't drop it at all. Thats whats so weird about this whole thing

cmartinaa likes this.
  18. Alramadhaa1
    Honeycomb Nov 3, 2014

Alramadhaa1 , Nov 3, 2014 :
    That's cool.

19. Lonewolf_uk
    Froyo Nov 3, 2014

Lonewolf_uk , Nov 3, 2014 :
    I ca
    I can...;)
    It is in the cover but you can detach those buttons and replace it into the new cover. There are small pins inside the cover to hold the buttons. Only you need to do is to place it correctly....:)

Words of caution: most if not all the covers are made for cineese market.so not suitable for Europe/US as don't have the right antenna( LTE I assume!...sorry for my ignorance).

But if you know how to replace the antena( I have seen in a YouTube video), then go for it!
    Good luck!!

20. Sahil
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2014

Sahil , Nov 4, 2014 :
    Another update! This is just getting ridiculous at this stage! Another chip and a crack that outlines another chip! I am getting really frustrated now. I've attached pictures to show the new chip and the new crack and also pictures that show there is no other damage to the phone to prove I haven't dropped it.

I hope OnePlus solves this issue for me! IMG_0127.JPG

Attached Files: