Sandstone Back Cover squeaking and cracking

1. Axf
    Froyo Nov 8, 2014

Axf , Nov 8, 2014 :
    I've had the phone for 6 weeks now and it's been running just fine. Well, except for the horrendous connection I'm getting.

I have the Orzly tempered glass screen protector on it, which is my OPO's only protection most days. However, when I'm going for a night out ( roughly once a week) and on some other more "dangerous" occasions I but my orzly gel case on. It should also be noted that the phone hasn't been dropped once.

Recently, though, I've startted to hear this cracking/squeaking sound when (even lightly) pressing the bottom half of the phone (the part where Cyanogen and the other text is written). So basically this happens every time I pick the phone up and use it. There doesn't seem to be any visible cracks or anything and from the outside it looks good as new. It's most audible when pressing from the bottom right were the usb port is as well.

This has really made the phone feel cheap and annoys the *something* out of me. Anyone have similar experiences? I also bought OPO for my little brother who's been keeping it in the official flip cover case and he doesn't seem to have the issue. Is there a chance a new cover would solve this?

EDIT: AM I REALLY THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS THIS?

AND PLS STOP POSTING UNNECESSARY PICTURES. NO ONE THINKS YOUR FUNNY.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

2. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Nov 8, 2014

3. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Nov 8, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  4. what u think
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2014

AuntieAnn and ronoldo like this.
  5. Axf
    Froyo Nov 8, 2014

Axf , Nov 8, 2014 :
    No, as I stated in the first post it hasn't been dropped once.

6. Axf
    Froyo Nov 8, 2014

7. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Nov 8, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  8. Axf
    Froyo Nov 8, 2014

Axf , Nov 8, 2014 :
    Got to love how active these forums are, though. Three, although slightly useless, replies in a few minutes :cool:

Ok, make that four.

AuntieAnn and ronoldo like this.
  9. Axf
    Froyo Nov 8, 2014

Axf , Nov 8, 2014 :
    Would rather not. The phone is big as is and I really prefer using my phone without cases unless doing something that leaves the phone prone for drops.

10. what u think
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2014

what u think , Nov 8, 2014 :
    Glad you liked that....

Maybe you should try opening the back cover. Guessing here, but maybe battery is not fully seated.

11. bsquirrell
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2014

12. malidan
    Marshmallow Nov 8, 2014

malidan , Nov 8, 2014 :
    The phone is cheap and annoying, why would you think anything but?

13. bigdata411
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2014

bwj90016 likes this.
  14. bigdata411
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2014

bwj90016 likes this.
  15. bwj90016
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2014

bwj90016 , Nov 8, 2014 :
    Carefully remove that cover and simulate the action that makes the sound and see if you can see what happens. It is possible that there may be a loose screw or glue that is starting to come loose.

walid_douri and ronoldo like this.
  16. Axf
    Froyo Nov 8, 2014

Axf , Nov 8, 2014 :
    It's probably the glue thing. It's really not that bad, just af. Doesn't anyone else have it?

17. Transparant
    KitKat Nov 8, 2014

Axf likes this.
  18. Axf
    Froyo Nov 9, 2014

Axf , Nov 9, 2014 :
    Can't as there are none. :D The issue is with the sound it makes. I reiterate: there is no visible damage to cover. It's really this annoying af creaking (btw this was the word I should have used in the title lol) sound that I get when applying slight pressure, eg picking the phone up, to the bottom half of the device where the text is. Seems to be worst when pressing near the usb port.

As I said, it's not a huge issue, such annoying now that I noticed it. And my brothers OPO doesn't have the problem.

19. Majinferno
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 9, 2014

Majinferno , Nov 9, 2014 :
    No visible marks on the back.....

20. Transparant
    KitKat Nov 9, 2014

Transparant , Nov 9, 2014 :
    Yeah, he told me and I missread it. I know I know