Saw Carl today, handled with the OnePlus 2

1. prince__edward
    Eclair Jul 31, 2015

prince__edward , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Edit: Thank you all for the love here, part of the reason why I've decided to give away my physical invite. Enter the giveaway here.

It was raining heavy today in NYC so like many, I was waiting under the glass awning at Columbus Circle when a guy came out of the doors, I realized fairly quickly it was Carl, having seen the VR keynote the other day. More of the OnePlus crew came out of the door, and I noticed a few of them on their OnePlus 2 phones. It took me a few minutes to figure out what I would say and if I would approach them. Like this is CARL! What do I say? Do I congratulate him? Do I say I'm a fan? Or that I've visited the forums for a while but never registered? That I believe in OnePlus and what they're doing? That the hype is real regarding the OnePlus 2?

"OnePlus 2" is all I said looking at him. I'm not sure what happened next as I was kind of flustered, and Carl mentioned on Twitter it was surreal. I definitely noticed that. Other members of OnePlus were there too, Bridget and Helen. I told him I'd watched the keynote live, even showed him the app on my phone. There was SO much I wanted to say, but he hooked me up with a physical invite and Bridget even let me handle her phone. SLEEK is the word I'd use to describe it. I love that physical (non) button. It felt really great in the hand, slim, smooth, and fast. And I loved the back of the OnePlus 2, the stock back the most and I mentioned that to them, it's textured and feels great.

I tweeted them and thanked them on Twitter, and Carl mentioned me again tonight. He said it was the first time (or one of the first, again I was flustered) someone had recognized him (it would be the first of many I said), and that I was the first to receive a physical invite, and the first fan to handle the phone. Good luck to those trying to secure an invite, you might get one at the pop-up events, or if you're lucky and happen to bump into Carl. I'll say is how cool it is that fans are rewarded for their interest in a company by the way products are designed and launched with people in mind. It's also promising that people with ideas from this young generation are leading companies into the future.

CLLvbF0WwAAcjG5.jpg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015

2. EpicSwirly
    Jul 31, 2015

3. rphlfjrd
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2015

rphlfjrd , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Omg so envious :oops:

4. Khong2
    Froyo Jul 31, 2015

5. adamcdx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2015

adamcdx , Jul 31, 2015 :
    It's like meeting the president, but with actual benefits and personal gain! Congratulations though on capturing an invite.

6. ThatAndroidGuy
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2015

ThatAndroidGuy , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Wow, sounds like a really cool experience :D. Enjoy your future OnePlus 2! ;)

7. dturano
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

8. onlymkp
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

9. chuckg
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

10. jj_3j

jj_3j , Jul 31, 2015 :
    i was just editing th first post to this :/ but deleted by redundance.... wtf.!

great experience bro, tell us more about the rear camera, how it feels?

11. Rishikeshavan
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

12. Blair Davis
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

13. Kenny_B
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

14. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2015

ChrisTerp , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Good going Mr. Lucky, now go play lotto and hopefully some of that OnePlus luck rubs off for a winning ticket ;)

15. JustDenDimi
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

16. jvkh002
    Eclair Jul 31, 2015

17. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Now I know how to get the phone: you must bump into Carl. Long live Carl and his formidable chest!:)

18. Nosoliciting
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

19. asuchemist
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

20. hadogumu

hadogumu , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Wow, magical experience, and congratulations for the invitation.
    I'm getting jealous now:oops: