Say hello to OnePlus Nord – it’s pretty much everything you could ask for.

1. ion2910
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

ion2910 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    And a stereo sound!

2. Optimus_Prime_07
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

3. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

fromsophie , Jul 23, 2020 :
    That's why I said yet anyways - for the Nord it seems they'll include it. Whether the next OP device does will be another story

G_plusone likes this.
  4. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jul 23, 2020

G_plusone , Jul 23, 2020 :
    I wouldn't think we have to worry about it until other Android OEMs start dropping chargers.
    Let's see how long Chargers survive.
    Jack died too soon

Shubham_Ag. likes this.
  5. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

fromsophie , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Yeh that is true. I don't think chargers will survive much longer if I'm honest

G_plusone likes this.
  6. Navdeep_Malik
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 23, 2020

7. JashnChhabra
    Eclair Jul 23, 2020

JashnChhabra , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Great 1st look of the phone was teased via AR. When do we except the nordpop launch.
    To be true I was expecting the charging cable to be in same Nordic Blue colour similar to that of box and new Blue marble varient. This would have distinguished that the Nord series is company's north approach back to making Never Settle Flagship killers.
    However no complaints on the specs and look of the phone. a true Flagship Killer is back.
    Eager to buy this one too ASAP. OnePlus for life 🤩

8. Saurrav21
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

9. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 23, 2020

Dunnow , Jul 23, 2020 :
    to be honest, when I received the OP6 lab review unit, I enabled the AOD, took 10 minutes for me to disable it.
    I just didn't like it. (I don't like it on any phone to be fair to OP)

Then a couple days after it was gone from the settings, so, could not even tell you if it was unresponsive or drained battery or what

Edit: Note that I got the device before the launch, so, had like a week of play-time before the actual release, I believe it was gone a couple days before the international release date too. So... juuuuust on the edge of getting to everyone

SJBoss likes this.
  10. sreenivasabhargav
    Eclair Jul 23, 2020

sreenivasabhargav , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    And that's why I pre booked the Nord even before the entire specs were revealed or the phone was launched. But I have no clue how to place the order even though it's over 2 days since the launch now! I have been asking questions on twitter and Instagram but no one ever responds. I really hope you let us know sometime soon. I really think OnePlus dropped the ball on giving proper info to the customers.

There is also nothing about the assured gift for buying the AR invite.

11. tmlslvnk
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2020

tmlslvnk , via OnePlus 3T , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Waiting for OnePlus Nord hands on experience ,

Please ensure the fastest possible to provide updates as same as premium device

Now am using Oneplus 3T is working fine..

Only reason to switch to Nord for Oxygen OS updates

12. Nojuzz33
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2020

Nojuzz33 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Looks like a very good and fairly priced phone. I'm even tempted to upgrade my OP6. I just do not get why a lot of manufacturers are including those 2MP depth sensors and macro cameras. Maybe for an ability to brag about quad camera setups? Even a simple telephoto camera would be more useful in my opinion.

Dear smartphone manufacturers, stop this!

13. DogeAlpha
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

DogeAlpha , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Actually there was one more thing I wished for
    A headphone ja... Okay kidding
    Honestly, I would have liked some stereo speakers. Or 2 speakers at least...
    Otherwise this is really good value

14. Z1592895460672
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

15. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 23, 2020 :
    I don't like the AOD, neither get the obsession over it, I'm more inclined towards ambient display. But majority of users seems to really like that feature and that's why almost every device has it even the mid rangers basically anything with an AMOLED display has it.

Also OnePlus in an old fashioned manner completely failed to explain why they aren't able to deliver it, but I'm sure it's not just about the "battery optimization".

Shubham_Ag. and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  16. Dunnow

Dunnow , Jul 23, 2020 :
    it's on the betas alredy again, just took a couple of years to get back there, but will see, i guess that will come with the nord as a "new great feature" maybe, or maybe OOS 11

SJBoss likes this.
  17. TheGadgetGirl
    The Lab - OnePlus 8T Reviewer Jul 23, 2020

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  18. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Given they took more than a year to add red accent color, 2-3 years for AOD seems only fair.

Shubham_Ag., Girish.sajjan and Dunnow like this.
  19. Dunnow

Dunnow , Jul 23, 2020 :
    x'D

20. Subhranil95
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

Subhranil95 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Please bring back the headphone jack. As a OnePlus 7 user, I love every aspect of my phone except the glaring absence of the jack. And as someone who doesn't enjoy wireless earphones because they don't come close to the wired ones in terms of audio quality and value for money, it becomes a massive letdown. I can't consider upgrading to a newer OnePlus device in future if it doesn't have a headphone jack. Therefore, I would have to switch to some other brand in the future.
    And yes, the Nord (a 25k phone) CANNOT be considered a midranger by any means in India.