Say hello to OnePlus Nord – it’s pretty much everything you could ask for.

1. Subhranil95
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

Subhranil95 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Your OnePlus 3T has a key thing which the Nord lacks. A headphone jack!

2. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

fromsophie , Jul 23, 2020 :
    UK the Nord defiantly sits within the Mid-Range in my opinion when you have the likes of Apple selling phones £1000 which converted is 95,185.61Indian Rupee

SeanPlus likes this.
  3. Subhranil95
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

Agreed. The absence of a headphone jack in what is being billed as a midranger would become a deal-breaker for a lot of people. The other features look pretty good and solid. I guess it wouldn't harm OnePlus to include the jack in future, at least in this Nord series. They would actually gain a lot of customers in India if they do so.

Vedant shaha likes this.
  4. Subhranil95
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

It's better not to bring Apple in the conversation. The iPhone is an overpriced flagship which doesn't scale up in value for money terms. And yes in UK market the Nord would definitely be a midranger. But in a price-conscious market like India where a very less fraction of people use flagships like Apple, 25k is definitely not the midrange price point.

5. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

I honestly wasn't surprised that there wasn't a headphone jack. The amount of phones now without them it is a lot more of a common thing. Would I still like to have a headphone jack, of course but I know I can buy a cable pretty cheap to still allow for the use of wired headphones (which I will be doing). I'm sure it is rumoured the Pixel 4a won't have one either and they are usually priced around what the Nord has been priced at here in the UK.

6. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

I quite like Apple but definitely overpriced but then you pay for the brand. Just like with a lot of other products. I've heard OnePlus is like the flagship brand in India, is that true?

7. Subhranil95
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

Yes, OnePlus is considered as a flagship brand in India. Not a lot of people have Apple here. You need to understand that the market here is slightly different. In India, people consider value for money over the brand. The midrange price point here is around INR15k. Actually over half of the smartphones sold in India fall in the 10k-15k price segment.

8. JelleZon
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 23, 2020

9. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

Yeh, I thought they were with both OP being considered a flagship brand and Apple not really being a player over there. I'm aware the market is different over - I'm guessing they've called it mid-range phone as compared to their other phones that is where it falls.

10. Subhranil95
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

Actually, the Nord can be called flagship killer. Let's not forget OnePlus started at this range, then they themselves became flagship gradually. They are now coming back to their roots, they even advertised it that way. But obviously they can't call it a flagship killer now since they themselves have a flagship offering with the OP8 series 😅. Guess that's why they are advertising it as a midranger

SeanPlus likes this.
  11. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

I think the Nord is very on par with their OP7T which is a very good phone. Will you be looking at getting the Nord?

12. Subhranil95
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

Not really. I have a OP 7 which I bought just 1 year ago. So it might be quite sometime before I switch to a new phone. Having used it for a year, I pretty much like it except for the absence of headphone jack. I might consider upgrading to a successor of Nord maybe in future, provided it has the jack. Otherwise, I might need to consider other options as I love the pure quality of wired earphones and the type c to 3.5mm converters don't really work out well.

13. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 23, 2020

SeanPlus , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Is there a reason you can't simply use an official Type-C to 3.5mm adapter? It costs £6.99 / ₹390 (inclusive of all taxes).

G_Shalen_Mhatre_cflP likes this.
  14. Subhranil95
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

I used the same and it didn't end well. The adapter stopped working within 8 months. An even bigger problem was that it damaged my favourite Sennheiser wired earphones. Ever since I started using the adapter, I noticed sound in one ear getting distorted and low to the point my earphone stopped working for both the years and I had to get a new earphone.

15. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 23, 2020 :
    It is a mid ranger :rolleyes: and that's why they're advertising it as a mid ranger. And an overpriced one.
    You have to be really stupid to say that. :rolleyes:
    Better SoC, faster storage, better and more capable camera setup, better build quality, stereo speakers and what not. 7T is a superior device in every way. Nord on the other hand can't even hold against the 6T.

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  16. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

There is no need to call me stupid nor it is okay calling anyone stupid for having an opinion - I'm just stating my opinion from comparing specs. I wasn't saying it will be better, I said it looks to be on par.

DiGITAL WiSDOM and Subhranil95 like this.
  17. Subhranil95
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

SJBoss

It is a mid ranger and that's why they're advertising it as a mid ranger.

You have to be really stupid to say that.
    Better SoC, faster storage, better and more capable camera setup, better build quality, stereo speakers and what not. 7T is a superior device in every way. Nord on the other hand can't even hold against the 6T.​

I called this midranger in context to Indian market. It's NOT a midranger in India. It might be a midranger in other countries. You need to understand that the Indian market is a bit different. The midrange here is roughly around 15k rupees (around 200 USD).

By the way, there's a reason people might compare this to 7T. This has 5G support, the OP7T doesn't.

18. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 23, 2020

SeanPlus , Jul 23, 2020 :
    It's a shame it didn't work out so well. Are you sure it was the adaptor that stopped working and not the earphones slowly dying?

19. Subhranil95
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

Agreed. I don't know why some people can't respect others' opinions. It's pathetic to see such disrespect really.

20. Subhranil95
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

Yeah pretty sure it was the adapter. I even tried it on my new earphone and it was causing my new earphone to behave awkwardly too. Then I realised I had to throw the adapter.