Say hello to OnePlus Nord – it’s pretty much everything you could ask for.

1. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

fromsophie , Jul 23, 2020 :
    It certainly is especially in a dedicated community. I love hearing the different opinion's people have as it better shapes my own opinion :)

SeanPlus and Subhranil95 like this.
  2. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Okay, I'm sorry, not a good start but..
    Did you really?
    855+ vs 765G, metal and glass build vs plastic and glass, UFS 3.0 vs UFS 2.1, stereo speakers vs mono speaker a versatile and capable camera setup vs a quad cameras just for the sake of it.
    Neither there's any carrier that currently provides 5G in India or in most parts of the world. So yout point is... Future proof? Sure.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020

3. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

That's really not good. I was looking at getting one to have a backup when I needed to use my wired headphone but maybe I'm better off looking for one on Amazon :/

4. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Jul 23, 2020

5. jkb114
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2020

Subhranil95 and fromsophie like this.
  6. Subhranil95
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

Subhranil95 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Yes, it's future proof. But you're forgetting another point. 5G hardware is costly. There's a lot of expenditure involved in 5G R&D as well. There's a reason 865 phones are much higher priced than last year's 855 or 855+ phones.

7. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

You make good points. The plastic isn't a deal breaker for me as it should make the phone lighter plus I don't think I'd notice it too much. The Nord is slightly smaller I believe which is better for me and has a bigger battery than the 7T. You also have to consider the software and technology advancements that have happened since the 7T was launched.

8. NiyasAhamed
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020

9. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 23, 2020 :
    By the time 5G will be widely available the Nord will reach the end of its life so if you're buying it for future proofing, not a very wise decision to be honest.

In India at 28K it makes no sense when you can get overall better devices at a cheaper price.
    I can assure you 765G has no technology advancements over 855+ if anything it's less technologically advanced than 855+. The only thing it has to offer is 5G which honestly redundant for now.

Other than that the Nord is a pretty mediocre and overpriced Device.

Shubham_Ag. and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  10. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

I personally think that the Nord is a very good price for the specs. Yes there are cheaper phones on the market but I quite like the OnePlus brand I've been impressed with the OP5 that I'm using and the 7T which my boyfriend has. I think for what I need from the Nord it will be a brilliant device and at £379 here in the UK it was £20 under my budget so happy days.

11. Subhranil95
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

Subhranil95 , Jul 23, 2020 :

SJBoss

By the time 5G will be widely available the Nord will reach the end of its life so if you're buying it for future proofing, not a very wise decision to be honest.

In India at 28K it makes no sense when you can get overall better devices at a cheaper price.

I can assure you 765G has no technology advancements over 855+ if anything it's less technologically advanced than 855+. The only thing it has to offer is 5G which honestly redundant for now.

Other than that the Nord is a pretty mediocre and overpriced Device.​

I am nowhere trying to justify the price of Nord. And yes global 5G rollout may take time. But it's wrong to say that 765G is less technologically advanced than 855+. Both are based on the Cortex A76 cores. I could go on for more details given the fact that I do have some contribution behind both of them. But sorry, I can't reveal anything more [e]1f60a[/e]

12. jkb114
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2020

jkb114 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    You have to remember that there is more to the world than India. Yes the market in india is different to the other countries. Here in the UK the nord is very good value from a well known brand. 5G is being rolled out and available in most city centres, so having a compatible device is good. the 765G is a more efficient and better value processor.
    We understand that it's not as good value in india compared to other countries but that doesnt make the device bad as its great in some countries

13. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 23, 2020

SeanPlus , Jul 23, 2020 :
    In the UK the Nord is a good price for a mid-ranger (great if you pre-ordered and got a free pair of Buds), comparing it to the realme X50 5G.

fromsophie likes this.
  14. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

I'd even say it's a good price with a case (like what I got LOL) plus the merch that came with pre-orders. I've never used or known anyone who has had a Realme phone so it is an unknown brand to me.

jkb114 likes this.
  15. UtsavKhandelwal
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

Amanda W. likes this.
  16. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 23, 2020

SeanPlus , Jul 23, 2020 :
    I haven't used one either, and don't like the thought of having adverts (spyware?) built into the OS as I hear is the case with realme UI.

Be fair though, back when I bought the OP2 no-one I knew owned a OnePlus device, nor had they even heard of the company. Many people now still do not know the brand. When I tell them I have a OnePlus 5 ("one plus five") they ask who it's made by...

17. sam_samant
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

18. jkb114
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2020

jkb114 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    The device was built for the international market... not just India

fromsophie likes this.
  19. sam_samant
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

sam_samant , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 23, 2020 :
    How many preorders have one plus nord got in Amazon as within 1 minute of time it gets stock out is it a planned move to create a hype ? Did anyone really get the pre-order successfully.

20. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

I didn't know that was built into the OS. But you make a very good point there. Knowing people who have used a device of a brand that isn't as well known defiantly provides a lot more confidence in knowing if it is good or not.