Scientific calculator

1. dionisdei Froyo Dec 1, 2017

dionisdei, Dec 1, 2017 :
    I've read in a thread about the double calculator app, I only have the OnePlus app installed, just wanted to get that out of the way.
    My problem is that the scientific calculator is always on, and I don't use it all that much. I've attached a screenshot. I've seen examples where the scientific calculator only appears when you rotate the device in a landscape position, but mine is always on.
    Is there a way to hide that section of the calculator?
    2017-12-01 13.00.51_resize_resize.jpg

Muadomad likes this.
  2. G_Elias_Eskelinen_NoNI Froyo Dec 1, 2017

G_Elias_Eskelinen_NoNI, Dec 1, 2017 :
    I think it depends on what screen size setting you are using (you can change it under display settings). On my OnePlus 3t, when I set the display size to smallest, the scientific calculator is always on. When I set the display size to anything larger, I have to swipe from the right side of the screen to show it or rotate the device.

However, as you seem to have the OnePlus 5t with the taller screen, I don't know if it works similarly.

Personally I like it more when the scientific calculator is always on, as it makes better use of the screen size.

3. MentalDraco Lollipop Dec 1, 2017

4. dionisdei Froyo Dec 1, 2017

dionisdei, Dec 1, 2017 :
    You are right Elias, and it is the same for the 5T. I had the screen size set to small, and when I switched to default size, the scientific calculator went to the side in a narrow orange line that you can slide to access.
    Oneplus, if you are reading this, I don't think users would mind having the same slide from the side menu for the small screen size as well, and replace the large orange panel with a larger black results area...this is an AMOLED screen after all :)

5. Muadomad Cupcake Apr 21, 2019

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019

6. Budruel Jelly Bean Apr 21, 2019

Budruel, Apr 21, 2019 :
    Oh, yes, thank goodness they do not have more important things to do ...

7. Muadomad Cupcake Apr 21, 2019

8. Akhshay Srinivasan Marshmallow Apr 21, 2019

Akhshay Srinivasan, Apr 21, 2019 :
    If it's in the landscape view, you'll be getting to see both - the basic & the scientific calculators.

Ideal thing is to turn off the auto rotate option and you'll be getting it like this :
    Screenshot_20190421-174533.jpg

The arrow to swap to the scientific lies on the right.