Sound Scrambled sound on voice calls

1. DSLAC
    Cupcake Dec 25, 2017

DSLAC , Dec 25, 2017 :
    I'm not sure if it's my network or my phone, but for some reason on calls after about ten to 15 minutes the sound becomes scrambled (for lack of a better phrase). The sound is very high pitched and you can't understand anything being said on the other end. If I end the call and place another one it stops. It's happened once or twice in the past since I've had this phone, but it's happened twice today on the last two calls I've made. I have AT&T and my wife's iPhone doesn't do that so I doubt it's the network. Has anyone heard of this happening before?

V1566887744890 likes this.
  2. ViW1p
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 26, 2017

ViW1p , Dec 26, 2017 :
    It is tricky to troubleshoot it... I would anyway say that there is high probability that is a network issue.. try to do some test with different SIM/Operators if you can - or in diverse situations/ places.

Mine works very well - I have two SIM from two different Countries and using both the sound is great.

3. gaineyz
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2019

gaineyz , Jul 20, 2019 :
    I have suddenly started having this same problem randomly with my phone. It can happen when placing or receiving a call, but all the sound (sound of ringing and callers voice) sounds scrambled/pixelated/garbled. I can't think of a good word either. When I call from a different phone on the same network/same place/ same number, it's clear.
    I have tried several things to fix it including:
    1. Restarting the phone completely and trying the call again. Worked once, but not consistently.
    2. Turning off the battery saver. Like above seemed to work once, but not consistently.
    3. Turning off the wifi. No consistent results.

Hard to tell what to do or how to diagnose this. I may try to reset the phone. Any help would be appreciated.

4. V1566887744890
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2019

V1566887744890 , Aug 27, 2019 :
    even I am facing the same issue . sometimes there are no sound in calls or discontinued voice ...there is even problem with signals . I checked my sim with other phones . they are fine . I guess this last update screwed it all