Scratches on OnePlus 8

1. Neoharys.
    Froyo Nov 3, 2020

Neoharys. , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 3, 2020 :
    Service center denied any service, phone is good though but recent update was a downgrade. I met another user who had similar issue, he said he went to the service center and even he got denied.

2. Neoharys.
    Froyo Nov 3, 2020

I saw it when I unboxed it looking for physical damages and defects, I had no idea there would be a scratch below the screen protector. I'm extremely cautious about my stuff, my last phone after 5 years is still scratch free.

3. Snehu_IN
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2020

Snehu_IN , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 3, 2020 :
    If so then you should have immediately checked and returned for physical damage. I always video the whole unboxing in a continuous video of all online purchases.

4. Neoharys.
    Froyo Nov 3, 2020

Even I made a video of me unboxing it, I didn't wanted to remove screen protector so early and I thought it's a premium brand there wouldn't be any issues.

5. Snehu_IN
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2020

Snehu_IN , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 3, 2020 :
    No one would intentionally want to send a damaged product, but this is glass and there are odd chances that damage will be there. Check your video to see if you have captured the scratch and if so take it to the service center and explain it to them with the video proof. 99% you won't get a warranty, but try and if you do not get warranty replacement then use flouride toothpaste and rub over the scratch and if it is hairline crack as I suspect it will heal most probably and then use a screen protector.

6. Neoharys.
    Froyo Nov 3, 2020

That's what I thought. Why would they send a damaged piece, I even saw videos from Jerry rig everything and learned how tough the glass really is. Unfortunately I don't think so the scratches are visible in the video, it is a tiny scratch.