Screeching Noise on Soundbar while connected through ARC via OnePlus 3

1. salmanalikhan
    Donut Oct 22, 2020

salmanalikhan , via OnePlus 3 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    I just bought a OnePlus Q1 55'' TV but I am facing a weird problem. I have connected my Sony HT-RT3 Home Theatre through ARC and set the Audio Out mode to Auto.

The problem is that whenever I turn on the TV it plays some distorted screeching sound on a regular intervals. I have to switch off the Home theater and turn it on again to get rid of this problem.

It only happens when the Audio Mode is selected to Auto.

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 22, 2020

Venky61 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    You can meanwhile use Digital Passthrough mode as it does the same thing on OnePlus TV. Seems like a recent software glitch with the Auto Mode.

salmanalikhan likes this.
  3. salmanalikhan
    Donut Oct 22, 2020

I can use the pass through mode but then switching off the Home theater will not route the audio to TV speakers so I have to manually go and change the setting everytime.

Is this a known issue in case of Auto Mode? Is there any update expected for resolving this problem? Because I have replacement warranty window for 10 days. So will it be good to wait for the OTA or ask the company for the replacement?

4. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 22, 2020

Venky61 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Oh it's the Sound Auto mode... I thought HDMI ARC Auto mode.
    Never used it actually. Will check today and let you know if am facing the same.

5. salmanalikhan
    Donut Oct 22, 2020

Actually it is Audio Output -> Auto that switches between arc and tv speakers automatically.

6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 23, 2020

Venky61 , Oct 23, 2020 :
    I used yesterday with Auto mode and did not find any crackling noise. Mostly a bug because the crackling noise has been experience by other users too, some on BT devices and some on HDMI. I would suggest to wait for the OTA.

7. salmanalikhan
    Donut Oct 24, 2020

salmanalikhan , via OnePlus 3 , Oct 24, 2020 :
    Thanks Venky for checking it on your end. I also believe that this is most probably a software glitch. BTW I got 10 days replacement window from Amazon. OnePlus Support also told me to ask a new product replacement.
    So I asked Amazon to provide me a new unit.