Screen and audio issues. via OnePlus 5T

1. Kashonline
    Donut Apr 28, 2020

Kashonline , via OnePlus 5T , Apr 28, 2020 :
    I have bought the OnePlus TV Q1 in the end of December 2019. These are the issues I have been noticing more frequently since few weeks.

1. A noticable shift in the white balance and brightness simulatoneously when there's a change in the shot to another person in the same scenario. A very noticeable change and unpleasing to the eyes. 0-10 in a second and 10-0 in the next frame. ( while watching altered carbon and Dark on Netflix)

2. Audio fluctuations. Very loud on few OTT apps and very low on others. BGM is louder and dialogues are almost unheard. I tried resetting but there wasn't any change. audio has become much louder but with still the same problem. (extraction and Dark on Netflix and many others on prime)

3. sudden reboot of the OnePlus tv. It has been happening a lot quite often. Not using the TV for long times to consider overheating.

4. Prime video crashing and unable open or load few default apps. Had to reboot to run them again.

Hope they will be resolved by a software update or something.

Thank you

2. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Apr 28, 2020

Liehjan , Apr 28, 2020 :
    @Venky61 take a look at this :)

Venky61 likes this.
  3. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 28, 2020

Venky61 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    I was just reading and got your tag :D On it ;)

Hi,

1. Which picture mode are you using?
    For Altered Carbon I can understand that it's the Dolby Vision profile. I have watched series too but did not face that drastic change in brightness except few fluctuation. Could you capture a video with exposure lock while playing such scenes and share here via Gdrive/Gphotos.

2. I think this the variation depends on the Audio mix of the title. Title with high dynamic range audio when compressed to 2.0 output would face this issue. Most of the videos we watch are with stereo outputs and hence we don't face this dialogue issue. May be the team can improve the down mixing process.

3. Are you using Mobile Hotpost?

4. What do you mean by not loading? They show blank screen or not open at all?

Liehjan likes this.
  4. Kashonline
    Donut Apr 28, 2020

Kashonline , via OnePlus 5T , Apr 28, 2020 :
    1. they're not drastic may be but I am quite particular sometimes. It was not constant throughout the series but for certain parts. Its tough to re-watch the series and record those certain parts but I'll try. I use standard picture mode.

2. Thank you for that

3. No, I use a WiFi router with around 40mbps

4. Not all the time, sometimes it just doesn't take the click or respond like, you can still navigate around even after clicking on the app. sometimes it just goes blank and you you gotta reboot.( Please add a recent apps button if possible)

@Venky61

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020

5. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Apr 29, 2020

Catherine W. , Apr 29, 2020 :
    Please tell me the video name and capture a pic or a video.
    I don't quite understand what you meant😂

6. Kashonline
    Donut Apr 29, 2020

Kashonline , via OnePlus 5T , Apr 29, 2020 :
    I have already mentioned it. please read the thread thoroughly

7. Kashonline
    Donut Apr 29, 2020

8. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Apr 29, 2020

Catherine W. , Apr 29, 2020 :
    What operations did you have when the TV sudden reboot, please share the steps.

9. Kashonline
    Donut Apr 29, 2020

10. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Apr 30, 2020

Catherine W. , Apr 30, 2020 :
    When you next time face this issue please upload the log and share the serial number of TV.
    How to upload the log:enter Settings–>More Settings-->About–>Feedback
    How to get Serial Number:enter Settings–>More Settings-->Status–>Serial Number
    We will give an analysis of the issue and feedback after receiving the logs.
    And then please contact with customer service for help.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020

11. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 30, 2020

Venky61 , Apr 30, 2020 :
    1. I get it.. Keeping Adaptive Contrast to High helped me in avoiding those sudden flickering to most extent.

2. Regarding the dialogue volume low as as I said there nothing the OEM can do much about it, you can manually use the user mode to amplify the frequencies of 500Hz, 2K and 5K to increase the dialogue. I use this mode during such scenarios and switch back to normal after that.
    I have asked my friends who use Android TVs from other manufacturers and they all are facing the same Dialogue Audio low in their TVs too for the Titles I faced.

3. @Catherine W. will be able to help after the logs are uploaded.

4. Same as 3. About recent apps, it's been given feedback to the team but the only option available as of now is to use the apps switcher in connect app.

12. Kashonline
    Donut Apr 30, 2020

Kashonline , via OnePlus 5T , Apr 30, 2020 :
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GFLowPcGgUm85z_0RFbpJGonyK1-r1yr/view?usp=drivesdk

That's the screen fluctuation.
    @Venky61 @Catherine W.

I set it on high adaptive contrast from now on. Is there any fix for this? or should I keep going back and forth on the adaptive contrast?

13. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 30, 2020

Venky61 , Apr 30, 2020 :
    Hi,
    I saw the video. The fluctuation you are facing is different to what I understood. My bad. The one you are facing is due to the subtitles. This was informed to team and they are looking into it if they can resolve. You have to keep local dimming OFF for this to not happen, there's no other fix.

PS: The english audio is actually much better than German for DARK. I am watching in german and the dialogues are even low. 🙈

14. Kashonline
    Donut May 1, 2020

Kashonline , via OnePlus 5T , May 1, 2020 :
    Hahaha l was about change the audio to german because the lip sync is worse than money heist. I think I won't now. Lol.

noted the changes on dimming. please do something regarding the audio, I noticed the same problem on youtube. I turned on the audio leveler, but it's affecting the audio quality.

Thank you :)

Venky61 likes this.