OxygenOS Screen becomes active during calls

1. vimfuego
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2017

vimfuego , Jul 24, 2017 :
    Hi All,

I know this topic has been mentioned a few times and sadly it appears like its not going to get fixed by OnePlus because people are still complaining about it after several updates.
    Is anyone here using non OnePlus ROMs (like Paranoid Android) and if so can they confirm this problem does not exist on them? I'd be willing to change if this issue does not exist with non factory ROM's.
    Thanks.

2. ed.etamasan
    Froyo Jul 24, 2017

ed.etamasan , Jul 24, 2017 :
    Change the default Call app that OnePlus does not know how to code / takes months to fix it.

Embrace OOS, it is lovely.

3. Lalithchandrasekar
    Eclair Jul 24, 2017

Lalithchandrasekar , Jul 24, 2017 :
    what does it mean change the default call app can you elaborate pls?

4. vimfuego
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2017

vimfuego , Jul 24, 2017 :
    Yeah I'm not sure how to take that reply either, change the default dialler app because 'OnePlus does not know how to code' yet embrace OOS o_O

5. ed.etamasan
    Froyo Jul 25, 2017

ed.etamasan , Jul 25, 2017 :
    Search for this topic Proximity sensor issue during call (I do not know how to copy the link on this very usable Community app) and you have the answer there.

@vimfuego - feel the irony in that message, ha.

6. Lalithchandrasekar
    Eclair Jul 25, 2017

Lalithchandrasekar , Jul 25, 2017 :
    tried the solutions in each and every threads but no luck for me same problem persists canyou pls post the solution

7. vimfuego
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2017

vimfuego , Jul 26, 2017 :
    I am going to try disabling the 'double tap to wake' option (as was suggested in another thread). But I think that will only fix it sometimes, I feel that I've had issues with the screen coming alive when a notification comes through whilst you are on a call.

8. vimfuego
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2017

vimfuego , Aug 8, 2017 :
    I'm done with the OP dialler / phone app. I am sick of hanging up on people or my cheek opening up multiple apps whilst talking on the phone.
    Looking for any recommendations from anyone for a replacement dialler for the 3T, preferably one that can stop notifications waking up the screen when the phone is against your ear and isn't riddled with ads.
    I did try to install the Pixel dialler from APK mirror but it won't install on the OP.