Display Screen broken, want the data!

1. taede meijer
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2018

taede meijer , Feb 13, 2018 :
    So the screen off my Oneplus X just broke. It's cracked and it doesn't display anything. I want the photos and videos back. Is there any way I can get it to properly connect to my computer as I now can't change 'usb for charging' to 'usb for file transfer' which I used to be able to do.

I know there are other threads on this forum about this problem, I tried the things they said but it didn't work for me. Might be because those threads weren't for the Oneplus X

Any help would be appreciated!

**edit
    Forgot to mention that the notification LED is still working so I do know when the phone is powered on or off.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018

2. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Feb 13, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Feb 13, 2018 :
    Your only option is to use a recovery program for Windows. You install it on your Windows machine, hook up your phone with a USB and run the program. The program will dig up every data file you have including photos, music, video, etc and then you can easily transfer it on your PC.

3. taede meijer
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2018

taede meijer , Feb 13, 2018 :
    And do you know the name of a program like that?

4. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Feb 13, 2018

5. taede meijer
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2018

6. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Feb 14, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Feb 14, 2018 :
    Nope, also Android devices. I tried it out on my HTC Sensation too :)

7. taede meijer
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2018

taede meijer , Feb 14, 2018 :
    When I press 'Data Extraction (Damaged Device)' under device name tab I see only Galaxy phones. Is that because I'm on the trial version?

8. NeVeR_SeTTLe

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Feb 14, 2018 :
    Yes

9. NeVeR_SeTTLe

10. elenakw
    Cupcake Jun 22, 2018

elenakw , Jun 22, 2018 :
    That one just works on rooted phones. Is there an option when the screen is black to unlook it?

11. Insanius
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2018

Insanius , Aug 1, 2018 :
    I have the same problem. Couldn't find a piece of software which was helping.

I got a second OPX now and will try to switch displays to finally save my data :/

12. EPires
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

13. Masta_Kein
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2019

Masta_Kein , Jul 18, 2019 :
    any update to this? I got a one plus 6 with broken screen, I asked for one plus repair. But there was this problem ''Please save your private data before ship out the phone. We will erase your phone totally once device arrive to us.'' from One plus so I canceled.

14. joaomatus
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

joaomatus , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Hi, i had the same problem and i was going nuts with it. But i found a solution! As long as your digitizer still works, you press both up and down volume buttons at the same time for 3 seconds, and it will activate the talk back mode. You'll have to get used to it, because it's a bit finicky, but once you understand the mechanics of it, you connect your oneplus to a PC, through a USB cable, go to configurations, bluetooth & connections, USB options and select file transfer. Once you do that, you'll have access to your phone internal drive in the computer.
    Hope this was helpfull!

15. G_Sumit_Agrawal_UlPt
    Cupcake Feb 22, 2020

G_Sumit_Agrawal_UlPt , Feb 22, 2020 :
    Hi, could you please elaborate this? My screen is broken, so I cannot choose the option for file transfer using usb on phone? How do I transfer my data?