Screen Burn In on Oneplus 6

1. alecroth
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2018

alecroth , Dec 2, 2018 :
    I've had my Oneplus 6 for a little over three months and noticed there is some burn in up at the notch and also in the center of the display from using waze. I keep my notch disabled which might exaggerate the burn in. It's only significantly noticeable on a solid blue screen, although it is visible on the system menus. I was wondering if this was fairly normal for this device, since I'm not going to send it back to get it fixed if its just going to reoccur.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Dec 2, 2018

Kytharsis , Dec 2, 2018 :
    That's one of the downsides of OLED. Burn-in is an unfortunate side effect.

3. meatandy
    Oreo Dec 2, 2018

meatandy , Dec 2, 2018 :
    Wow that seemed to happen quite quickly and usually doesn't happen on my phones until after a year-and-a-half.

4. MarcW1
    Froyo Dec 2, 2018

5. G_Mukul_Gajbhiye_pLKU
    Donut May 19, 2019

G_Mukul_Gajbhiye_pLKU , May 19, 2019 :
    It happened to my oneplus 6 within 1st month of use. tried everything. nothing worked. I am really disappointed with this burn in issue. I have used many Samsung devices with AMOLED display but never faced this burn in issue with them.
    anyone from OnePlus please help me resolve this issue

6. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow May 19, 2019

Kytharsis , May 19, 2019 :
    You have to get the screen replaced. What were you doing with your phone that caused burn-in to set in within a month?

drl431 and SeeBeeEss like this.
  7. SeeBeeEss
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2019

SeeBeeEss , May 19, 2019 :
    Screen burn-in on AMOLED screens is a fact of life. You can lessen your chances of experiencing it by:
    1. Avoiding using apps for long periods of time when they have pixels that stay in the same place and never move, such as PUBG.
    2. Using the Screen Saver in Settings if you keep your screen on when charging or docked.

drl431, tinkertailor and Kytharsis like this.
  8. G_Mukul_Gajbhiye_pLKU
    Donut May 19, 2019

PUBG game icons are stucked to my screen. I used to spend an hour, 2-3 days in a week on PUBG. I've never set my brightness manually. I always have my auto brightness on. more than PUBG i used to spend more time on social apps and my mailbox. During 1st month of use i noticed something on my display but i thought it were the stains on my screen guard. but later when i looked closely, i found the game icons are permanently stucked to the screen. this icons are now more visible. I tried to find this issue a solution but nothing really worked. I am very tensed. Because its been only 5 months from the date of purchase. apart from many of the other samsung's AMOLED display's i've used, It happened to me first time till now.
    If anyone have genuine suggestions please let me know.

9. G_Mukul_Gajbhiye_pLKU
    Donut May 19, 2019

i will definitely keep that in mind. please let me know how OnePlus can help me into this.

10. SeeBeeEss
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2019

SeeBeeEss , May 19, 2019 :
    You have to take it in for service. Your screen will have to be replaced. It has been reported here that some have been replaced under warrenty. You will have to see if that will be the case with yours or if you will have to pay for the replacement.

drl431 and Kytharsis like this.
  11. G_Mukul_Gajbhiye_pLKU
    Donut May 19, 2019

Thank you very much for the information. I will definitely get to the service centre, and later I will update about that.

12. G_Mukul_Gajbhiye_pLKU
    Donut May 19, 2019

13. apoorvadonthi
    Froyo Jun 20, 2019

apoorvadonthi , Jun 20, 2019 :
    I'm facing the same issue and my warranty expired last month. really sad the device has display issue in just one year.

Z1519482444490 likes this.
  14. SeeBeeEss
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 20, 2019

SeeBeeEss , Jun 20, 2019 :
    Screen burn-in is not just an issue with OnePlus phones. OLED screens are on approximately half of all devices manufactured and sold, including phones by Samsung, Moto, Asus, iPhone, LG, Huawei, Xiaomi and others. There are many advantages for this type of screen - Google it - but also the potential for screen burn-in.

It is really the customers responsibility to know their phones capabilities and limitations before buying. I did a lot of research before I invested in my OnePlus 6. I'm guessing that maybe you didn't or you would have known to be mindful of the risk for screen burn-in. Hopefully you have learned valuable lesson from your mistake and will take more time to know what you are buying in the future.

Kytharsis and drl431 like this.
  15. G_Elia_Chieregato_lqsK
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2019

16. dex2grigg
    Froyo Sep 6, 2019

17. Dark_Matrix_Guru
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 6, 2019