Iam007 likes this.
  3. J1548467073690
    Eclair Dec 24, 2019

4. Iam007
    Eclair Jan 8, 2020

5. Matteo.16
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2020

Matteo.16 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 8, 2020 :
    I'm starting to have a little bit of burn in on my OP7Pro. The thing is, I have this phone for 6 months, on my previous Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge I started to notice some burn in after 2 years.
    I've always used the dark mode... it's unbelievable.

S1565295673705 and Iam007 like this.
  6. Liehjan
    Lollipop Jan 8, 2020

Liehjan , Jan 8, 2020 :
    How bad is the burn in? Can you post a picture of it?
    Dark mode doesn't prevent burn in, have you used the phone on full brightness for long periods of time? Can you post a picture of it?

7. Matteo.16
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2020

Matteo.16 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 8, 2020 :
    dark mode doesn't avoid the inevitable burn in, but it should slow it down. I can't take a picture of it, even if I could you probably won't see anything, for now it's almost imperceptible.
    I'm at full brightness most of the times, as it should be.

8. go2nirvana
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2020

go2nirvana , Jan 9, 2020 :
    Same issue here.
    Using phone on full brightness all the time.
    My biggest burn in mark is the alarm icon. I'm a heavy sleeper and it may ring for hours sometimes.
    Also there is a slight fingerprint sensor mark and an almost non-existent topbar mark.
    I've accepted that as an OLED technology defect, no bad feelings to OnePlus.
    However OnePlus could help us to reduce the rate of these marks.
    As for alarm app - make alarm icon appear at random places.
    As for fingerprint sensor - give us an option to remove icon completely. I know where the sensor is, i can go without an icon.

I do not consider reducing brightness or using adaptive brightness as a solution. I want to use my device to full extent and take full advantage of its capabilities.

TatuRuben likes this.
  9. Iam007
    Eclair Jan 12, 2020

Iam007 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 12, 2020 :
    yeah i wouldn't be able to take a picture.
    but the top notification bar is burnt in with the wifi and signal bars etc also on bottom that bar is burnt in and literally all the margins of apps and that can see lines where app ends and the top and bottom bars are.
    ive seen that on old galaxy phones but not on a 6monthsnor so old ones this clearly shouldnt be happening so soon. also i dont use it on max brightness rarely ever most time on like half brightness.

amralomari likes this.
  10. amralomari
    Donut Jan 29, 2020

amralomari , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 29, 2020 :
    Mine too
    The status bar is fully burned

I'm trying pixel fixer apps but don't think they'll help.

The solution is from oneplus to enable burn in protection in the upcoming update

Or it will cost them a lot to replace the screens

11. Deactivated User
    Jan 29, 2020

12. JmcRepair33
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 29, 2020

JmcRepair33 , Jan 29, 2020 :
    You all Know what happens to SAMSUNG AMOLED SCREEN THE PAST 10 years right? SCREEN BURN IN!!! our phones have Samsung OLED panels. when i told myself a few years ago after having over 20 samsung expensive phones and heave screen use and ALL of them had screen burn in I STOPPED BUYING SAMSUNG PHONES. And after finding out we have OLED screen i got so Disappointed because best dev Customizable phones out there and love my Phone, So i do a warranty claim and say the volume slider or somethig doesnt work and get a warranty replacement, BUT DO NOT MENTION SCREEN BURN IN, Its usually not Covered in Organic Displays, For warranty replacements. im in this field take it, or leave it the suggestion.

13. JmcRepair33
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 29, 2020

JmcRepair33 , Jan 29, 2020 :
    They really should have gone with a different display and not use the samsung Oled. Although Samsung has a new technology in oled displays that dont cause screen burn in, but not implemented yet on phones only on tv oled panels

14. Ytkuser
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2020

Ytkuser , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Jan 29, 2020 :
    this is why I always use adapted brightness. burn in all has to do how you set your brightness and use your phone. I also have mine set to sleep at a certain amount of time. have never had burn in on any of my phone's. they will not replace your phone for this issue it's normal and comes down to what your settings are on brightness and so on.