Screen burn issue

1. VIJAYKN04
    Cupcake Apr 7, 2020

VIJAYKN04 , Apr 7, 2020 :
    Hi
    I had purchased 7pro on 25-10-2019, recently I have noticed burn marks on top right corner, battery, network, wifi icon and clock are visible even after turning off icons.
    Is it normal or should I be worried ??

2. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 7, 2020

Liehjan , Apr 7, 2020 :
    It's not normal, but it can happen if you use your device at maximum brightness for long periods of time... You can try to get the screen replaced under warranty, some people have succeeded with a free repair and some have to pay (as it is normally not covered by warranty)

Aleksij Blinov and harshil1903 like this.
  3. VIJAYKN04
    Cupcake Apr 7, 2020

VIJAYKN04 , Apr 7, 2020 :

Liehjan

It's not normal, but it can happen if you use your device at maximum brightness for long periods of time... You can try to get the screen replaced under warranty, some people have succeeded with a free repair and some have to pay (as it is normally not covered by warranty)​

Hey can it spread to other parts of the screen too now??
    Now I'm using it with Auto brightness FHD @ 60 Hz
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY

4. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 7, 2020

Liehjan , Apr 7, 2020 :
    No it can't spread... but burn in happens when static pixels are displayed on the screen for long periods of time on high brightness. So if you play a game like PUBG game icons can also burn into the screen.

harshil1903 and VIJAYKN04 like this.
  5. Secondbushome
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2020

Secondbushome , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 8, 2020 :
    That sucks, that happened on my Samsung Galaxy S8 and luckily they replaced the display under warranty. I don't know if OnePlus is as generous. It is a known inherent risk of AMOLED screens. TBH Auto-Brightness might make the problem worse if you spend a lot of time outdoors where AB maxes out the brightness.

6. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Apr 8, 2020

KeepTransisting , Apr 8, 2020 :
    You could always use a tasker to reduce brightness of it's at Max for more than 5 minutes or so. That could help

7. ram97prasath
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2020

ram97prasath , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 9, 2020 :
    If you are seeing in two of your devices I could suggest the following s

Keep changing the wallpaper. dark walpaper preferred
    Also like the previous comments. Don't keep at full brightness.
    If you are seeing this issue under warranty then this is due to some manufacturing defect. even burn in takes at least a year to happen