Screen Burn via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue

1. Ali_Zagros , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Sep 23, 2020 :
    After 6 months using one plus 7 pros, some times I see read things when I was using apps with weight background and I don't take it seriously but after one year the spots had burned more in different locations there are two questions in my mind :
    1- how is responsible for this?
    2- what is happening to my screen after 2 or 3 years? Can I each anything or us any application with this screen?
    I all ways supported one plus phone and recommended for my friends and my family but when you see something like that and you know there is no explanation for this or no restoration This makes you hopeless.
    You can see a video about this in the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NGKVN0XK4AGhkpuFKo-MP12KewqF5hOJ/view?usp=drivesdk

Also, there are some pictures that show you this problem:

1600893385679.jpg

1600893385724.jpg

2. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Sep 23, 2020

Best Answer
    pablofg1978 , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Hello there, screen burn is a physical damage to the display caused by static images and high brigtness, it happens to the amoled screens and the only fix is to replace the screen.
    Poor development apps that shows static images in the same place for long periods of times are the most frequent responsible of this

3. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Artemus. , Sep 23, 2020 :
    It still baffles me how many people think burn-in is due to low-quality products rather than the technology itself.

4. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Sep 23, 2020

pablofg1978 , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Because it is easier to blame others

5. Ali_Zagros , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Sep 23, 2020 :
    I know it is due to the AMOLED display but if I mention a problem and you also mentioned a problem in the future, we can get a better and more powerful screen, also makes the phones remain with a long period of time because if it is kept on users can use a phone for 3 or 4 years with the same quality and still the must pay (899$) every year.

Thanks for your comment
    God bless you.

6. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Artemus. , Sep 23, 2020 :
    All you need to do... is not keep the same screen on for a long time at high brightness.

Apewzdee, pablofg1978 and Ali_Zagros like this.
  7. Jeetus7P
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2020

8. camohan
    Nougat Moderator Oct 6, 2020

camohan , Oct 6, 2020 :
    Hi there, no this is not covered under warranty.

Artemus. and Jeetus7P like this.
  9. Jeetus7P
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2020

10. AbhilashSaikia
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Oct 6, 2020

AbhilashSaikia , Oct 6, 2020 :
    Hey, I believe burn-in is covered under warranty.
    Might have to check with OnePlus Support.

Ali_Zagros likes this.
  11. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Oct 6, 2020

Liehjan , Oct 6, 2020 :
    It's not covered, don't give false information...

AbhilashSaikia and Artemus. like this.
  12. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018; Community Scholar 2020 Oct 6, 2020

the_o2 , Oct 6, 2020 :
    Only if it is caused by default things like fingerprint scanner or notification panel, status bar and too if customer is well aware of this things and have good argument skills
    Or simply the customer is an so called influencer ;)

AbhilashSaikia and Artemus. like this.
  13. AbhilashSaikia

Exactly.
    It is quite common for status-bar icons to get burned-in. Might depend on the usage scenario as well.

Hey @Liehjan, I am not giving any false information.

I said so because a friend of mine had a similar issue and it was accepted under warranty. Also, that wasn't the only case wherein I saw the 'burn-in' issue to be covered under warranty. Well, the criteria for acceptance might differ from region to region. Also, the terms and conditions might have changed now.

It's best to check with Customer Service first.

Yeah, those are some of the common possibilities.
    Haha, agreed.

the_o2 likes this.
  14. AbhilashSaikia

You can read about some steps to prevent burn-in issue here - https://www.androidauthority.com/screen-burn-in-801760/

Ali_Zagros likes this.
  15. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Oct 6, 2020

Liehjan , Oct 6, 2020 :
    It's not listed here, https://www.oneplus.com/legal/terms-of-sales so it's not officially covered!
    Those who have gotten it replaced for free have been lucky... Just pointing out not to give other customers false hope for a free screen replacement... As this seems to purely depend on the good will of service center employees...

Ali_Zagros and Artemus. like this.
  16. AbhilashSaikia

You're right as well.

I'm not really sure if those were some "special cases" or if it's really covered under warranty.

Anyway, I reached out OnePlus India Support, and here's what they have to say regarding this issue -

Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 4.19.47 PM.png

Liehjan likes this.