OxygenOS screen caps using buttons almost impossible

?

Do you have difficulty using the hardware buttons to take screenshots?

1. Yes, almost always

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes, occasionally

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. CraigW
    Froyo Apr 10, 2018

CraigW , Apr 10, 2018 :
    The 5T is my first experience with OxygenOS and it's pretty good but I've got to say taking screen captures using the volume down and power buttons is almost impossible. The timings seem to be off so there is very little chance of success compared to any other rom I've ever used. Sometimes using three-finger swipe for screenshot isn't possible as the app reacts so you need to use the buttons. It would be good if the hardware button screenshot option could be improved as just now it is almost unusable.

2. stark2991_PL
    KitKat Apr 10, 2018

stark2991_PL , Apr 10, 2018 :
    I don't have any problems with it. Even when timing is not perfect, phone is taking screenshot. Maybe you should train a little bit?

3. CraigW
    Froyo Apr 10, 2018

CraigW , Apr 10, 2018 :
    Timing seems to be the problem though. I've had Android phones since 2009 and never had this issue. Even on my OnePlus One there was no problem, but on the 5T there is a definite usability issue; when the timing isn't absolutely perfect it's impossible to take a screenshot. Perhaps it's rare so I'll see if any others comment. Thanks for your response.

4. Brian Cohen
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2018

stark2991_PL likes this.
  5. AJITHKUMAR.K.K
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2018

AJITHKUMAR.K.K , Apr 10, 2018 :
    I feel no problem in using three fingers gesture for taking screen shot. Simply touch the screen below the notification bar simultaneously with three fingers and move them down. Please try it . Best wishes

6. CraigW
    Froyo May 10, 2018

CraigW , May 10, 2018 :
    Yes three fingers is fine, but sometimes you can't touch the screen to capture what you want and need to use the buttons. When using those it is very hit and miss.