screen freeze to bright black screen

1. Andoenay
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2014

Andoenay , Oct 14, 2014 :
    Is anyone else having this issue? Or have encountered it? If so, once? Twice? and how did you resolve it?
    As for me, after I updated to the latest software (38R), I first encountered my screen being frozen at homescreen and then about 40 seconds later go to a bright black screen. and turning it off and on won't do anything. This happened today and I ordered my opo towards the end of september and received it the first week of october.
    Is there a way to get rid of this bug? I worry that this bug will lead to reboot loop or the 'black screen of death' as some ppl call it. I fear that once you get the black screen of death, your opo is done. also read about something about not letting the battery go below 3% or it won't charge? simple things like these makes me think that the phone will have a short life span.
    On a brighter note, the update did allow me to type faster than usual without any errors so that's good! :)

2. EliTeAP
    KitKat Oct 14, 2014

EliTeAP , Oct 14, 2014 :
    Your OPO is racist.

You should charge it around 5% or so. That's what I tend to do to not get any battery problems. I don't go below it.

Your phone won't boot loop from that, just depends on what you installed.

What apps have you installed or done recently to encounter this problem?

3. Iseek1
    KitKat Oct 14, 2014

Iseek1 , Oct 14, 2014 :
    .....could it be this problem that you have;
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...p-may-cause-nasty-freeze.138638/#post-6406473

4. funzology
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2014

funzology , Oct 16, 2014 :
    i've had mine since may and the same thing happened to me the day after uploading the update the night before. i'm hoping it's not the black screen of death either.

Andoenay likes this.
  5. Andoenay
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2014

Andoenay , Oct 17, 2014 :
    I actually haven't had it since. Maybe it was the upgrade and we had to reboot. Lmk if it happens to you again. Cheers!

6. EmmaNavntoft
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2014

7. EmmaNavntoft
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2014

EmmaNavntoft , Oct 19, 2014 :
    how do you turn your on again?

8. abhilife2001
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2014

abhilife2001 , Oct 27, 2014 :
    Was watching some videos taken with my phone yesterday.. daughter was pressing the screen multiple times and it froze.. I could not do anything and then I tried switching it off with the power button but got a black screen but the phone didnt switch off.. I know since the capacitive keys were on..
    Then I called my phone from another one and the phone was ringing but screen was not on but the capacitive buttons were on.. and i could pick up the phone by swiping the black screen !!!

I was sure my battery was not near 0.. but still put it on charge..After pressing the power buttons all other buttons for few minutes, it restarted..

This has got me worried.. my phone is not even 2months old..

9. Dimarisa13
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2014

Dimarisa13 , Oct 27, 2014 :
    Same problemen.
    Any solutions or did somebody found the reason for this problem.
    For the moment there is no answer from opo support not even telling us that they will look at this issue

10. ankurdesai
    Donut Oct 27, 2014

ankurdesai , Oct 27, 2014 :
    by holding power button 20 second times 5 times it will reboot your phone. also by pressing power button and downside volume for few secound help to restart your phone as per cyanogenmod general FAQ.i have the same issue when playing game or video.

11. abhilife2001
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2014

abhilife2001 , Oct 28, 2014 :
    hmmm...
    so seems this is a known issue.. and only a reboot is the answer..
    atleast better than a factory reset !