Screen freezes while scrolling via OnePlus 8

1. mehulgarg26
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2020

kira.baylo2020 and Shimon_Asulin like this.
  2. Shimon_Asulin
    Gingerbread Jul 13, 2020

3. GaryWall
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2020

GaryWall , Jul 14, 2020 :
    What application is this? If it has to do with web content, stop using Chrome and install another web browser and set this new web browser as the default web app under settings, apps and notifications, standard apps.

I had terrible freezes with Chrome and everything that had to do with the web as many other apps uses the web browser to fetch data from the web.

Now without Chrome there are no freezes at all.

5. Goldbondx
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

Goldbondx , Aug 5, 2020 :
    This is a massive problem on my VZ variant. It is happening more frequently and not just chrome based as other threads claim. Lack of response on touch can range from seconds, to almost a minute. in 1 or 2 cases I had to reboot to stabilize. This needs to be fixed.

6. GaryWall
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

GaryWall , Aug 5, 2020 :
    It is very easy to fix. Install another web browser, then go to settings, apps and inactivate Chrome. Since I did this I haven't had a single problem. As long as you let Chrome be active other apps will at times use Chrome to connect to the web and in this way cause freezes. So you really need to inactivate Chrome since it is part of the system and you can't uninstall it. Chrome is the problem and other phones can notice this at times as well, perhaps just not as often as with OP8.

7. kira.baylo2020 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 6, 2020 :
    i fix the problem by disable google chrome an wipe the cache and data , now the lag is gone and i use other browser . just disable chrome and you will see difference ;)

GaryWall likes this.